PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Artificial crowd noise at Indy? (MERGED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently a CBS employee is admitting to causing it and that it was not in the stadium system. I could've been wrong. We'll see where it goes from here.

Yes, that's being discussed here.

Anyone listen to the game on the Radio?

Just wondering what the radio sounded like on the first play of the 4th quarter, the play in question for "noisegate"

That the CBS admits their fault does not rule out Colts artificial noise. it could be that there was a real CBS audio problem together with the Colts articial noise. Or, it could also be a conspiracy between a CBS employee and somebody from the Colts to use the CBS problem to mask the Colts artificial noise, and throw off the nfl. I recall an israeli covert operation in Lebanon using choppers, where they had an airplane fly overhead to drown the sound of the choppers. I am assuming the worst. Hope this is not true. Go go go Pats.:rocker:

FWIW, I was just watching WBZ TV news at 11:00, and they had an interview with their cameraman who was at the game. I'll paraphrase:

"At the end of the first quarter, I turned to the security guard next to me, and asked him if he went home with a headache after every game."

"He said, I don't know if you realize this or not, but they actually feed the crowd noise back through the PA system."

So, there you go. A Colts employee (...or at least an RCA Dome employee who's at every game) thinks the Colts are up to something.

Last edited:
well at least its the actual crowd thats mic'ed up and being replayed through the speakers, every dome team does that.

It would've been different if it was some CD with generic crowd noises that they put on repeat and turn up and down depending on the situation

FWIW, I was just watching WBZ TV news at 11:00, and they had an interview with their cameraman who was at the game. I'll paraphrase:

"At the end of the first quarter, I turned to the security guard next to me, and asked him if he went home with a headache after every game."

"He said, I don't know if you realize this or not, but they actually feed the crowd noise back through the PA system."

So, there you go. A Colts employee (...or at least an RCA Dome employee who's at every game) thinks the Colts are up to something.

well there you go, it must be completely true then:singing:

Re: Crowdnoisegate

I reserve comment unless someone who was at the game can assert to it. There can be so glitches in the regular TV transmission. Not sure if I could by what I heard on TV.

OK, for the record ..

I WAS at the game. IN section 318.

And I did not notice anything like this. And I went into this game with my wind up about the whole pumping up the volume of noise thing so I was trying to pay special attention to it. I am not saying that they didn't do it but I didn't hear anything like this skipping.

Erdoboy - Best $250 spent, was for that ticket.

well at least its the actual crowd thats mic'ed up and being replayed through the speakers, every dome team does that.

It would've been different if it was some CD with generic crowd noises that they put on repeat and turn up and down depending on the situation

You're wrong. Teams are not allowed to pipe "actual" crowd noise through their PA system. If that were true, it would be ok to blast it as long as it was "actual-live" crowd noise.

That would be a violation of the rules.

I'm having some serious timestamp issues right now, but did anyone hear Dale & Holley today? They played a clip of some guy talking about the Colts amplifying the crowd noise, does anyone know who that guy was or when the interview was??

A comment from one Michael "douchebag" Felger with regard to the RCA Dome noise level:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...8&format=&page=2&listingType=pats#articleFull

"One final note: We don’t believe CBS. It felt artificially loud at the RCA Dome."

This is stupid. CBS's statement has nothing to with whether or not the RCA dome is artificially loud; it has to with a technical glitch that many thought was connected with said suspected artificial noise. CBS did not "explain away" any perceived excessive noise (as Felger's comment implies), but simply explained away the weird feedback sound the tv audience heard. The same stupid assumption was made in the ESPNnews mention of this.

Last edited:

The problem with simply feeding crowd noise back through the PA system is that you have a big potential for feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back