Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat Chung....

eventually a SS?

anyone?

Pat Chung....

eventually a SS?

anyone?

Definitely a SS, Pat Chung will never be thought of as a FS. When you think of Rodney Harrison did you ever think free safety?

Isn't he already regarded as a SS?

When he starts knocking receivers into different zip codes he will be!

He is a SS all the way, PatsBoy12.... We all know that.

The Patriots don't play a clear SS/FS system but in it Pat Chung will play a SS role all the time. Unless he suddenly gets faster all of a sudden........

I thought he was a SS anyway :)

When he starts knocking receivers into different zip codes he will be!

He is a SS all the way, PatsBoy12.... We all know that.

The Patriots don't play a clear SS/FS system but in it Pat Chung will play a SS role all the time. Unless he suddenly gets faster all of a sudden........

I think Chung is the perfect compliment to Merriweather BECAUSE he is a FS/SS tweener type. I think Sanders is the one that needs to beat out Chung to keep the starting job.

BB is retooling the secondary so that the safeties are intercahngable, this helps disguise coverages and rotational help. Having two guys that can play either safety position is huge for this defense.
It seems like safety is becoming the new "must have playmaker" position in the NFL. And I think BB buys into that to some degree, but what I think he would prefer is to have two interchangable "playmakers" on the field at the same time. This would allow him to get extremely exotic with his play calling, blitzes and coverages.

The whole key to this duel safety type defense is can BB get better CB play next season? If so, then his defense should be excellent next season.

I think Chung is the perfect compliment to Merriweather BECAUSE he is a FS/SS tweener type. I think Sanders is the one that needs to beat out Chung to keep the starting job.

BB is retooling the secondary so that the safeties are intercahngable, this helps disguise coverages and rotational help. Having two guys that can play either safety position is huge for this defense.
It seems like safety is becoming the new "must have playmaker" position in the NFL. And I think BB buys into that to some degree, but what I think he would prefer is to have two interchangable "playmakers" on the field at the same time. This would allow him to get extremely exotic with his play calling, blitzes and coverages.

The whole key to this duel safety type defense is can BB get better CB play next season? If so, then his defense should be excellent next season.

This post is right on the "money"! Pa-TChung!!

Eugene Chung made good plays at crucial times? In the NFL?

Yes - when he retired. Though I'd be so bold to suggest he waited a bit too long.

Everybody have fun tonight... everybody Pat Chung tonight!

Last edited:
Tim Graham made the beginning of that article sound like a joke.
He mentions Really? That's all you got Tim Graham? Who gives a flying f*** what he wants to be called. I want to hear how he's going to be a good player. I was pretty pissed reading this article because it pretty much explains everything we already know.

Member HEY BRO! WHAT UP? : UNFAIR AND IMBALANCED

:rolleyes: sorry, I couldn't resist...

Member HEY BRO! WHAT UP? : UNFAIR AND IMBALANCED

:rolleyes: sorry, I couldn't resist...

Coming from a guy who claims he's "Brady's ButtBoy". Isn't that kind of disturbing? Sorry, I couldn't resist....:rolleyes:

If that is the kind of s*** that entertains you, than more power to you. Maybe you should check out another masterpiece over at patriots.com on Terrence Wheatley and his take on the weather.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=generalnewsdetail&pid=37742&pcid=41&rss=1

The single most dumbest s*** I ever read. Once again, I get duped into reading an article I thought would be about how the Pats players are improving. But no, it focuses on the weather. Talk about writer's block.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that the writer is an idiot and messed up the whole reasoning for the name switch? Instead, the reason he wants to refer to himself as Pat Chung is because he is a "Pat". Sorta like a soldier would be called Private Chung. The sound thing is pretty lame. If Berman or an announcer calls out Pat-chung in a game, I'll vomit.

Definitely a SS, Pat Chung will never be thought of as a FS. When you think of Rodney Harrison did you ever think free safety?

Anyone else find the idea of "Rodney Harrison" and "safety" in the same sentence a bit ironic? ;)

If we do the math here, he turned 16 the August he reported to Oregon, meaning he turned 15 the August before his senior season in HS. Assuming he wasn't a walk-on, that means he was recruited to play D-1 football at a BCS school based on what he did in HS when he was 14 and 15?

Does anyone else find that a little doubtful?

Probably not, some kids are just freaks of nature when it comes to sports. Remember Michelle Wie in tennis, she was playing against professional women when she was like 13. Also some basketball players were able to dunk in the 6th grade, that would make them about 11 or 12.

Last edited:
Probably not, some kids are just freaks of nature when it comes to sports. Remember Michelle Wie in golf, she was playing against professional women when she was like 13. Also some basketball players were able to dunk in the 6th grade, that would make them about 11 or 12.

Sorry had to fix it for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore