PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article: Pat Chung

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Chung eager to leave his mark on Patriot foes - AFC East - ESPN

The most notable pronouncement he made when we spoke at the NFL Rookie Symposium this week was that henceforth he wants to be known as Pat Chung. He went by Patrick throughout his four remarkable years at Oregon, the draft process and Patriots minicamp.

But now he prefers Pat. He thinks it has a better ring.

A nice read.

Last edited:
Hes Pat Chung Da Patriot!! Decedent of Pat the Patriot. Defo a nice ring to it. Ready to take on the NFL.

Pat bringing it for the Pats. I like it. Thanks for the link, PatsBoy, great read.

This quote in particular caught my eye:

Harrison, 36, wanted to play another year, but the Patriots wanted to move on. Their ability to draft Chung 34th overall factored into the decision.

That's the first time that I've heard that Harrison wanted to play. Must have been a tough move for him to retire rather than go to another team, and while I wouldn't have begrudged him if he had, I'm glad that he made the choice that he did.

Although this is pure hope/speculation, Chung does seem like the kind of guy who could step in and start as a rookie from what little I've seen/heard of him. And I like Sanders. He seems like the kind of guy who will mentally and technically adjust to the pro game very quickly.

Last edited:
Tim Graham made the beginning of that article sound like a joke.
He mentions
The most notable pronouncement he made when we spoke at the NFL Rookie Symposium this week was that henceforth he wants to be known as Pat Chung.
Really? That's all you got Tim Graham? Who gives a flying f*** what he wants to be called. I want to hear how he's going to be a good player. I was pretty pissed reading this article because it pretty much explains everything we already know.

He mentions Really? That's all you got Tim Graham? Who gives a flying f*** what he wants to be called. I want to hear how he's going to be a good player. I was pretty pissed reading this article because it pretty much explains everything we already know.

Never short on negativity, huh?

He mentions Really? That's all you got Tim Graham? Who gives a flying f*** what he wants to be called. I want to hear how he's going to be a good player. I was pretty pissed reading this article because it pretty much explains everything we already know.

It contained a bunch of quotes from him, and gave insight into his personality. Dunno what more you were expecting, considering that training camp hasn't even started yet so there's not even anything to evaluate.

Last edited:
Never short on negativity, huh?

No, I just feel it wasn't nessasary for Graham's article to be based upon how his name will sound when he "lays the lumber". Graham didn't tell me anything I didn't know other than he prefers "Pat Chung". Before I read this yesterday, I was about to post it thinking it was something good. But after reading it, I didn't think anybody would care.

Last edited:
He mentions Really? That's all you got Tim Graham? Who gives a flying f*** what he wants to be called. I want to hear how he's going to be a good player.

Global warming is a myth. When Pat Chung does up-downs, the earth moves away from him, and hence the sun, out of pure fear.

That what ya wanted?

I don't care what the kid wants to be called as long as he doesn't change his name to "Eugene".

Pat Chung sounds like a Thai-Chinese combo dish.

Thanks for posting. A good read in a relatively dead period.

I don't care what the kid wants to be called as long as he doesn't change his name to "Eugene".

Hey hey, Eugene made some good plays at crucial times. I can't let you dog him out like that.:cool:

Last edited:
Hey hey, Eugene made some good plays at crucial times. I can't let you dog him out like that.:cool:

Eugene Chung made good plays at crucial times? In the NFL?

I'm thinking perhaps Pat Chung = Tim Fox.

I just hope he survives ... he seems too eager to hit people.
That's okay to send a message but not all the time ... shortens the career.

I'm thinking perhaps Pat Chung = Tim Fox.

I just hope he survives ... he seems too eager to hit people.
That's okay to send a message but not all the time ... shortens the career.

And that is something to which Eugene Wilson can attest. That poor guy really lost his edge after the injuries here in New England. To his credit, after leaving New England and getting cut by Tampa, he found a new home for himself with the Texans, and he got himself a shiny new 3 year, $11.3 million deal this offseason. He seems to have gotten over the mental hurdles that the injuries seemed to put in his way, and I wish him all the success in the world, except when he plays against the Patriots.

Everybody Pat Chung tonight!

I can hear Chris Berman now on the post game highlights.
Rather than the now very old 'jacked up' phrase, perhaps we can hear 'pa-tchung' when a defender makes a big hit.

In an effort to limit player injuries Goodell has instituted new league wide exercises called Chung Ups in order to recover from the inevitable onslaught of Chung Downs.

I can hear Chris Berman now on the post game highlights.
Rather than the now very old 'jacked up' phrase, perhaps we can hear 'pa-tchung' when a defender makes a big hit.

You might be on to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back