PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arrogant or Just suffers no fools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Which is Bill Belichick?

I don't think it's arrogant, as much as haters want to cling to that.

BB knows that a few things such as a a Brady suspension and a few key injuries can ruin a season - all HCs are hired on demand from season to season.

I think BB is sure of himself, but that does not mean arrogant. And you don't have to be arrogant to suffer no fools.

I was just thinking about that breakfast this week and some of the BB haters outside of PatsFans would respond.

BB just wants to do his job and take a pass on the nonsense - that's not arrogance, etc.

Possibly.

Maybe I have a different definition of arrogant. It's a low bar to be smarter than an idiot. I define arrogant as thinking you are smarter than anyone and openly behaving that way. If he picks the brains of people like Urban Meyer and Chip Kelly - he's not a know-it-all.

Occasionally rude? That's another story... :D

Which is Bill Belichick?

I don't think it's arrogant, as much as haters want to cling to that.

BB knows that a few things such as a a Brady suspension and a few key injuries can ruin a season - all HCs are hired on demand from season to season.

I think BB is sure of himself, but that does not mean arrogant. And you don't have to be arrogant to suffer no fools.

Agreed, he suffers no fools, and so many of the fools don't understand why.

I guess that's why they're fools.

He's the GOAT and he's both well educated and someone who informs himself when he needs to know about something. Much as I respect him though I think he can be a **** when he wants to be and definitely comes across as arrogant at times.

In relation to what? How he handles the media?

BB seems a clone of my father….he just hated to have his time wasted.

Early Easter partaking of the spirits?

Seriously .... the man is a coach ...

a real coach who seems to have great dismay for the ******** that is part of the job ... the media crap.

As to whether BB doesn't suffer fools, that's a big old, "Well, duh!"

As to whether he's "arrogant," I've never met the man, so I don't know...but so what if he is? Many highly accomplished people who have done a lot of good are arrogant. If that bothers people, they should just get over it.

BB would criticize the long-standing and insufferable "Jets Suck" thread.
Therefore, he cannot be arrogant. But he is above many Pan fans.

Belichick knows that the media is a poison. It can destroy teams.

Not all great coaching is done on the fields of play and practice. I consider his "On to Cincinnati" press conference some of the finest coaching you will ever see from anyone in any sport. He was sending a message to the media and he was sending a message to the team.

The media loves nothing more than kicking teams when they're down. The media was desperate to pile on and create a distraction of any type ("Do you think having a 37 year old...? Do you think the talent you have here is good? Do you think you've done enough to help Tom Brady? Does Tom Brady have enough talent around him?") and he slammed it back in their collective faces.

Belichick knows that the media is a poison. It can destroy teams.

Not all great coaching is done on the fields of play and practice. I consider his "On to Cincinnati" press conference some of the finest coaching you will ever see from anyone in any sport. He was sending a message to the media and he was sending a message to the team.

The media loves nothing more than kicking teams when they're down. The media was desperate to pile on and create a distraction of any type ("Do you think having a 37 year old...? Do you think the talent you have here is good? Do you think you've done enough to help Tom Brady? Does Tom Brady have enough talent around him?") and he slammed it back in their collective faces.

I agree, I always thought that he was drawing the focus and criticism away from the team and onto himself, and it worked perfectly as he was getting ripped and mocked throughout the media and the team was able to get focused and go on a run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents