OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are You Confident of a Patriots win?

• JETS FAN OPTION-I'll pound my chest and expect to lose.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been extremely confident before 2 games this season:
-Browns
-Packers

I'm gonna stay off the confidence for a while and just say butterflies. I'm not going to get ****y anymore for the sake of this team.

I am confident that the Pats should win. Yet, I would not be shocked by an upset because of our team's weaknesses. I think the way the Jets could beat us would be the same way we beat Dan Marino and the Dolphins in the 1985-86 AFC Championship game. Run the ball down the Pats throat and keep Tom on the sidelines.

I am confident that the Pats should win. Yet, I would not be shocked by an upset because of our team's weaknesses. I think the way the Jets could beat us would be the same way we beat Dan Marino and the Dolphins in the 1985-86 AFC Championship game. Run the ball down the Pats throat and keep Tom on the sidelines.

No upset but it will be a Tale of Two Halves with the Pats winning the second and the game. Bank on it.

The only thing I am nervous of is to a similar game like the Ravens last year's nightmare. I know the team is different, but I had a nightmare last night :(

With that being said, this team is COMPLETELY different and I still we win :D

we've GOT to get out to an early lead. if we don't, i'm gonna feel exactly like i did in that game that shan't be mentioned.

Yeah... that's what the Jets game plan is, rab. The whole world knows that. The question is whether or not they will be able to do it.

It wont come down to a 4th quarter drive, Jets wont score enough points to make it that type of game. I was nervous before last game as well. Look what happened.

Imagine how nervous Jets fans are?

I agree with this.. I will be slightly disappointed if it comes down to a last ditch effort to win the game. I feel that the Patriots are clearly superior and with a bye week and the fact that they are at home.. I would be very suprised if this was a fun game to watch outside of pats nation.:rocker:

With all that said I am still nervous because we are mortal.. a couple bad mistakes or some bad luck and ... well you never know. But thats where my minds at. I am going to sit back relax and enjoy the ass kicking thats going to take place. I hope my blood pressure isn't spiking in the 4th quarter..

Last edited:
considering how many close games jets have won on the last drive this yr i would be very worried if this game is close or less than 1 TD game late in the 4th quarter with the jets trailing..

Yeah... that's what the Jets game plan is, rab. The whole world knows that. The question is whether or not they will be able to do it.

last yr, everyone knew too that the ravens were going to run-flacco threw only 9-10times i think. yet we couldnt stop the run...

I voted number one...except napping won't be an option. Our first game against the jest Brady kept trying to force it to Moss for whatever reason. If he had stuck to his usual game plan of spreading it around to different receivers the it may have come out differently (granted the 2 TE's were still pretty raw at the time). Our house, our late season experience, no way the jests will win. I just wish we were the first game on Saturday afternoon....getting tired of this per-game verbiage from the jests and the media really playing it up!

The only thing I am nervous of is to a similar game like the Ravens last year's nightmare. I know the team is different, but I had a nightmare last night :(

With that being said, this team is COMPLETELY different and I still we win :D

Had a nightmare about a week ago. I just remember the Jets being up 19-10 and everything kept going wrong.

Luckily I woke up and realized the Jets suck.

I am 100% confident that the Patriots will win this game, based on what I know of the two teams.

Yes... enough of this quick reply Pats win. I feel a huge Pats win in the vein of 45-3. Perhaps not by that score but maybe 48-0 or something like that.

F%$ck the Jets.

last yr, everyone knew too that the ravens were going to run-flacco threw only 9-10times i think. yet we couldnt stop the run...

I'd say that this year's defense has been a bit more successful at stopping the run than 2009's "5th ranked" defense.

In the course of this past week, I have gone from rather confident to very confident, especially since the Jets and Rex just can't seem to locate a bottle of "Oral Pepto Bismol". While I am NOT "expecting" a "45-3" rout, but it sure COULD happen again, if the Jets get down say 14-0 or so early in the game. That "here we go again" sentiment could creep in. And, the last thing the Jets can afford to do is get in to a "track meet" with Brady & Co. That is where the wheels will come off. In the past week, what I saw (and heard) from Rex and his wayward boys is a group that does not seem "very confident" in themselves going into this. In my opinion, don't underestimate the residual effects the Dec 6th drubbing has had on their psyches. We are only a month or so removed from it. I expect it to be kind of tight the first half or so, because the Jets will be on a kind of a "rush" . But, that will only take you so far. I look for the Pats to pull away around the end of the 3rd quarter. I just hope BB plans to pull the starters as soon as possible, should we get up big. No need to risk unneccessary injury to a key starter for the AFCCG.

EZ76

Last edited:
In BB we trust! I'm super anxious and looking forward to the Pats teaching the Jets a lesson. Trust me, we're a FOOT ahead of the Jets. LOL!

I'm confident we will win, but since anything can happen in one game, I won't be going with the first option and won't be taking a nap :)

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those classic patriots playoff games

You know the ones I am talking about....the games where you sit on the edge of your seat until the final seconds of the game with both teams flipping the score in their favor until the last minute of play.

If this game is decided by the victorious team within less than half of the fourth quarter left I will be very surprised.

I'm only feeling the usual case of nerves that any fan feels before a big game. Am I confident? Yes. Unless the Patriots lose the turnover battle and the Jerks manage to keep Tom Brady off the field for a considerable amount of time it's all over by half time. The Patriots haven't made any mistakes in protecting the football in a long time and I rather doubt they're going to start now in a playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST