Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are You Confident of a Patriots win?

• JETS FAN OPTION-I'll pound my chest and expect to lose.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you getting nervous?

I can't be the only one - but SB42 has changed the way I view these games. I don't think I ever really considered failure an option before then.

I am very nervous. Deep-down, I feel like we are playing at a high-level and will come out on top. But anything can happen this Sunday, and I would not be shocked. The Jets certainly have the ability to beat us, even if I think we win this game 4/5 times. As we learned a few years back, that means nothing. I am feeling an odd mixture of confidence and nervousness.

Last edited:
I just can't wait for the game to get here. And once it does, it will be hard to watch until the pats have the game sealed. Jets have pulled off a lot of last minute comebacks this season... I won't be comfortable until the pats are ahead by at least two scores with less than two possessions remaining for the Jets

I think it will be close. I am a little nervous because Wes just said yesterday's practice was not good. when they have bad practices they play bad.
Imagine the offseason if the Patriots lose to the Jets at home. i just think the Patriots defense will have trouble with the Jets running game. Can they stop the Jets offense from having long drives and limiting Brady's chances? I do not think so.

I don't. LT sucks in the cold.

The Pats have beaten the Jets 3 1/2 quarters this season. That first game we dominated the 1st half. They've only beaten us a half of a game all this season.

Last edited:
I can see the Patriots losing before or in the Super Bowl, but I just don't think the Jets have the horses to beat them.

i just think the Patriots defense will have trouble with the Jets running game. Can they stop the Jets offense from having long drives and limiting Brady's chances? I do not think so.

Yeah, well, the last time the Patriots had trouble with the Jets running game they won by 42 points.

Last edited:
I'm always nervous about losing every playoff game.

Funny, this is the first one where I'm certain the Pats will win.

I'm anxious, yes. Excited for it, absolutely! Hoping we can have something more to cheer about on Monday, heck yes!!

One thing I try to remember is back in the 2000 season my attitude was that every game, and successive win, in the post season was "gravy". Each week that they kept playing was a real bonus.

I've been a fan since '86. It's now hard to remember what it was like when we didn't have such high expectations. I really try to stay "grounded"...but it's really, really hard :D

It's Friday and I am getting a wee bit nervous about this. I think the Patriots win. I think the game will be a lot closer than the last one.It may even come down to a 4th quarter drive or stop.

We have all live through these big games over the past 10 years adn should be use to them and be confident. But this is against the Jets and it will be very hard to accept should things not turn out the right way.

Are you getting nervous?

If Brady plays well, and the team doesn't wet itself around him, the Patriots will win. If Brady craps the bed, the Patriots are in trouble. Since I've never bought into "45-3! OMG Awesome 4-ever!" stuff, I've never really gotten myself into a position to get particularly nervous.

Let me preface this with the fact that I think we will win and probably by a pretty big margin. However, ever since 2007 I have been nervous about pretty much every game. I got a stress headache from the game vs Green Bay this year.

The thing that makes a win so sweet and a loss so sour for me is that I now live in NYC and have to deal with a lot of friends who are Jets fans. I know I will get it if the Patriots lose and I really don't want to have to deal with it.

As far as the 2007 SB, I have to remind myself that the Giants game at the end of the regular season that year was very close. I am not too worried about the Jets simply because of our last meeting. I've been watching the last six games over and over... I suggest you do the same. It will put your mind a little more at ease. We have amazingly athletic players who are playing smarter every week. We simply overmatch and mismatch too well against every team to throw away a game at this point.

Not too mention the leadership we have right now. I remember thinking that Brady's body language before the '07 SB was a little wierd for some reason. I don't have the slightest doubt about TB's mindset right now. He won't let the Pats lose.

I think the only team we should be reasonably nervous about meeting is the Packers. They played us very well and if we play them it will be on nuetral turf.

I'm confident, but poop happens too. We've been spoiled by the record-setting lack of turnovers, but it's not impossible to see the Pats suddenly have a 3 or 4 turnover game. Jets could get a tip at the LOS that gets picked off for 6.

I don't think we'll see a complete breakdown on one side of the ball like the Saints had up in Seattle with all of those long TDs given up. If the Pats lose, I think it will mostly be attributed to turnovers and fluke plays rather than getting their hats handed to them.

Wes' comments about the poor practice give me pause...slight pause.

Still, since the start of the Steelers game the Pats have put together the best string of offensive gameplans in their history, even better than *any* 8-game stretch of 2007. The convergence of talent and play calling to both maximize the talent and exploit weaknesses in the opposing D is something I haven't seen since perhaps the 1994 49ers got on their roll around mid-season. This isn't the same offense that went down in week 2, one that was unsure of its running game, relied too heavily on a predictable spread offense that forced balls to its WRs (Moss in particular), rarely used previous plays to set up the next play (the lack of play-action drove me crazy) and just simply never confused the opposing D as to what was coming. Rex eats up those type of offenses, but as December 6th showed he's overmatched against the current one. I would be shocked if things change significantly from then.

Regards,
Chris

I think that what Welker was saying 'we practiced like we had 2 left feet".

I voted 2, but by Sunday kick-off I will be down to 3. I always have butterflies before a big Pats game. Pretty funny since I am no where near the field and have absolutely no control over the outcome. Living vicariously is powerful stuff.

PSSSST Hey guys....this is a rebuilding year:D:D:D

I always say any given Sunday and I was confident last year... I'm confident but nervous...just like always

This game will be a peice of cake. Im garunteeing another blowout.
Jets-52
Pats-3
I guarantee that you don't know how to spell guarantee.*

I always have to look it up.

I am very confident of a Patriots win...

I am confident but if they lose on sunday then the season was a failure even with all the injuries to start the season.

It wont come down to a 4th quarter drive, Jets wont score enough points to make it that type of game. I was nervous before last game as well. Look what happened.

Imagine how nervous Jets fans are?

Jets fans are too delusional to be nervous, for the most part they expect to win easily. The "experts" on tv who pick against them are "idiots" or "haters"

I feel very confident, based on the QBs. Basically, I believe Brady controls this game.

My favorite stat this week:

Over the last 2 seasons Tom Brady has played 17 games at Gillette Stadium, throwing 8 Ints.

In that same period of time, Mark Sanchez has played 2 games, throwing 7 Ints.

Brady is playing great football and will lead the Pats to victory.

I am confident but if they lose on sunday then the season was a failure even with all the injuries to start the season.

I don't agree with this because at the start of the season just making the playoffs would have been good, for what was suppose to be a re-building year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back