PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Jets helping the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez is 31st in completion percentage, virtually the least accurate QB in the NFL. Its pretty easy to see how awful accuracy can lead to cold weather problems.
Thats what we have to go on. He is from the West Coast, he was poor in cold weather last year and is an inaccurate passer.
Sure we could wait until his career is over and see if all of the evidence pointing in one direction ends up being right, but we are discussing it today. As of today, the Jets, who have limped through the past month against weak teams have a schedule that gets harder and their ability to play as well in cold weather is questionable.

And this come from a guy who said before the season the Jets has the worst offense in the league and one of the worst ever.
also said that Sanchez is no better then Russel(from Oakland)...

Because they have played bad teams close and the bad teams have handed them games. Otherwise they are about 5-5.

This. Couldn't have said this better myself. I'm finding myself watching every jets game just to root for the other team. Detroit made me mad but Texas had me screaming at my TV.

I hope Bengals win, I'm certain they'll lose at Pittsburgh

Last edited:
If the Patriots do not lose any more divisional games, the Patriots versus the Packers and the Jets versus the Steelers games will most likely determine the AFC East Division Champion.

Here are the tiebreakers.

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss

If the Patriots beat the Jets and have 1 other loss to an NFC team, I believe that they will win the tiebreakers. So a Patriots loss to the Packers would turn out to be irrelevant if the Patriots win the rest.

And this come from a guy who said before the season the Jets has the worst offense in the league and one of the worst ever.

wow offensive player of the week Sanchez and only getting better....:rolleyes:

Ummm..... You do realize that Sanchez is a terrible quarterback, right?

Is it good that this young patriots team has a rival that they need to keep up with?

No matter what the division winner will be the winner of the monday night game. But I think this competition back and forth between the jets and patriots is helping this young team mature even more.
That means the Pats are helping the Rats.

I know one thing, he's [Sanchez] playing better than Tom Brady did during his 2nd year.

Well, if that's what you know, then it's back to nursery school to start all over again. :eek:

As I remember, Tom Brady took a team in 2001 that according to one scribe was the "least likely to win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years" and was ranked #32 in the Power Rankings after week 2 (when Drew Bledsoe was knocked out) and led them to a Super Bowl victory. Mark Sanchez can't come close to doing that as the Jets were one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl this year. The Jets haven't even won the division yet much less made a Super Bowl run. :rolleyes:

sorry wrong place

Last edited:
Weren't the 2003 NFL Champion Patriots shut out 31-0 after having all pre-season to prepare for the Bills?

Weren't the 2003 Bills shut out 31-0 after having all season to prepare for the Patriots? :rolleyes:

Give me a break.

Last edited:
Well, if that's what you know, then it's back to nursery school to start all over again. :eek:

As I remember, Tom Brady took a team in 2001 that according to one scribe was the "least likely to win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years" and was ranked #32 in the Power Rankings after week 2 (when Drew Bledsoe was knocked out) and led them to a Super Bowl victory. Mark Sanchez can't come close to doing that as the Jets were one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl this year. The Jets haven't even won the division yet much less made a Super Bowl run. :rolleyes:

Ok Ok. I was looking specifically at stats. But my point is illustrated by you confirming that 'statistics do not tell the entire story'. Because statitically Sanchez's year 2 is better than Brady's year 2.

How in the world are they 8-2?

One could ask the same of a Patriots team that is so terrible defensively.

I may have...unique opinions...about my New York Jets. Granted I drink the Kool-aid and everything. But you guy HAVE to be worried about your lack of defense.

I may have...unique opinions...about my New York Jets. Granted I drink the Kool-aid and everything. But you guy HAVE to be worried about your lack of defense.

Well our "lack of defense" is giving us convincing wins over top tier teams rather than barely stumbling into wins against the worst in the league. So I'm fine with it.

Well our "lack of defense" is giving us convincing wins over top tier teams rather than barely stumbling into wins against the worst in the league. So I'm fine with it.

Touche sir. Touche.

Ok Ok. I was looking specifically at stats. But my point is illustrated by you confirming that 'statistics do not tell the entire story'. Because statitically Sanchez's year 2 is better than Brady's year 2.

How is Sanchez's year this year better than Brady's second year. He has a lower passer rating, on pace for less passing yards (although less than 100 less so thats basically moot), on pace for less touchdowns, and his completion percentage is 7 points lower 62%-55%. That is not a sound argument. Sorry.

wow offensive player of the week Sanchez and only getting better....:rolleyes:

Sanchez is riding off holmes's coat tails... Holmes is a legitimately good receiver and has turned 5 yard slants into long touchdowns... sanchez better be handing that award right over to holmes as soon as he gets it

Trust me, we know. Since the start of training camp (and before) that subject has been beaten to death. If there's been one negative comment on the subject, there probably have been thousands.

This reminds me of a scene in Animal House, where one guy says 'he can't do that to our pledges', and the other one says 'only we can do that to our pledges!'

Fans of the same team talking about it are going to react differently than hearing a fan of a rival team say it. It's like the difference between you calling your brother something, and somebody else saying the same thing about your family. You get defensive, you get upset, and you react differently, right?

Same thing here. And same thing at Jet Insider, The Gang Green, or any other Jet fan site - or for you. It is what it is, no surprise.

Again, it's just one game, and it's not the Super Bowl. It obviously helps to win the game, but no single game decides anything at this stage of the season.

In any event, I'd focus a lot more on Detroit than the Jets or the Packers anyways. Short week on the road after a big emotional game means we shouldn't be looking too far down the road.

I see these kinds of posts a lot here and I really don't get it. We as fans do NOT have to focus on the upcoming game..we are not playing. This is what fans do, look ahead, look at different scenarios...it makes it fun. The players will be focused on Detroit only.

I wouldn't necessarily say "better." They are surprisingly similar though.

The only area where Sanchez has a real edge would be in yardage, but he's also attempting almost 8 passes more per game. He's really improved on his decision making, dropping his INT rate significantly. But the one area that would concern me is the 55% completion rate for Sanchez.

The defense has been terrible, no doubt. But it is plagued by the same problems as the Jets offense last season, youth, though mainly at the QB spot. Last year's Jet's O was in the bottom third of the league, but has risen up to a top 10 level. You could see that potential coming together last season.

Our defense is the same way. It has been pretty bad at times, but not unexpected when starting 4 rookies and 2 or 3 second-year guys. But the group continues to improve, shutting down Pittsburgh and Indy for the first 3 quarters before losing their mental focus.

I'm not concerned about the defense because it continues to improve and is based on long-term potential built on young, high draft picks. With each passing week, this becomes less an area of concern and more an area of strength. And I'm drinking the Kool Aid too so cheers :eat3:

I see these kinds of posts a lot here and I really don't get it. We as fans do NOT have to focus on the upcoming game..we are not playing. This is what fans do, look ahead, look at different scenarios...it makes it fun. The players will be focused on Detroit only.

I understand that, but usually it leads to ridiculous commentary about how one game is "MUST WIN," or how our season is over if we lose X game or all sorts of other things that are simply not true. Whether we win or lose today or against the Jets does not decide our season. It can play a huge part, but it does not decide it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye