PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Jets helping the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could ask the same of a Patriots team that is so terrible defensively.

I may have...unique opinions...about my New York Jets. Granted I drink the Kool-aid and everything. But you guy HAVE to be worried about your lack of defense.
Our defense is allowing a lot of yards to very good teams while protecting big leads.
Your defense is allowing bad teams to take 4th quarter leads against it.
Frankly, unless you are concerned with yardage rankings, there is a lot more to worry about with the Jets D than the PAtriots.

And this come from a guy who said before the season the Jets has the worst offense in the league and one of the worst ever.
also said that Sanchez is no better then Russel(from Oakland)...
Of course you know thats not what I said.

Ok Ok. I was looking specifically at stats. But my point is illustrated by you confirming that 'statistics do not tell the entire story'. Because statitically Sanchez's year 2 is better than Brady's year 2.
Wouldnt that require him to be better in at least a single statistical category? Which he is not.

How in the world are they 8-2?

What I would call "luckinstance". I've seen dirty Sanchez fling the ball in desperation, more than once, only to have it somehow fall haplessly between 3 defenders that could have picked it off if they were paying attention. Week 2 Pats were working things out. The Jest luck runs out next week.

I think that for the Pats to reasonably have a chance at the division, they need to win the Monday night game.

If the Jets win, they have a huge lead in the division -- the Pats would basically have to gain 2 games on them with 4 games remaining.

If the Pats win, the Jets have to gain either 1 or 2 games on the Pats w/ 4 remaining, depending on how the tiebreakers fall out. And the tiebreakers will be pretty close after a Pats win.

I think the Jets have helped the Pats in a way that is freakishly parallel to 2001. That year Mo Lewis helped make a much needed personell decision easy. This year the Jets made it very clear that the Pats could not win tough games with Randy Moss on the roster. Again helping to make a difficult personell change with a popular play an easy decision. Not to mention their help restocking our roster with a third down running back.

How many games Brady won in cold weather in the middle of his second year in the league?

Seriously, Dude, you going to 2001? Big, mistake.

First, we are not talking about Brady in cold weather, but since you asked...

You've heard of the snow bowl, aka the tuck rule game? How about Pittsburgh the week after?
At Jets in New Jersey
New England Patriots at New York Jets - December 2nd, 2001 - Pro-Football-Reference.com
hosting Cleveland
Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots - December 9th, 2001 - Pro-Football-Reference.com
at Buffalo
New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills - December 16th, 2001 - Pro-Football-Reference.com
hosting Miami (Foxborough not at Miami)
Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots - December 22nd, 2001 - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Then at Carolina for a non-cold weather game.
Then hosting Oakland
Oakland Raiders at New England Patriots - January 19th, 2002 - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Then at Pittsburgh
New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers - January 27th, 2002 - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Although you might make the argument that was a Bledsoe game; With everything else I might just give you that one.

BTW, non of that is relevant. We are discussing Sanchez in 2010, not Brady in 2001; but since you walked into a haymaker...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back