PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Dolphins for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TbSB5

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If they beat the Steelers and face the Pats in the AFC Divisional Game....my stomach wont be able to take another upset like against the hated Jets

Though this team is better than that 2010 Pats team

They are good, and I think Gase sadly looks competent.

It will be a case of stopping Ajayi on the run, and challenging Moore to beat you with his arm. I would foresee a competitive, but eventually comfortable win.

It is unfortunate that when you reach the play offs, you can't play the Browns or the Jags....

Maybe. They're probably a year or two away from maybe becoming a thorn in the Pats' side.

They are for real in some senses and not in others. Their 10-5 record is not for real. In reality they are more like a 5-5 team that with 5 other games flipped a coin and got heads 5 times in a row.

They have good talent but still have a lot of holes on D and their OL isn't particularly dominant which it would need to be with a below average QB. As they improve things they would also need to replace Wake which will be tough to do.

Personally the more I have watched the more i can't bring myself to worry too much. They have good players that make big plays to claw out improbable wins but also could have just been stopped by playing solid D and tackling. They aren't bad but most years would just be a 500 team if that. With luck and the NFL being a bit down this year though they managed to get in the playoffs.

Also even with all this said I would take them over Houston or Oakland right now. They have some good team chemistry, coaching and a never quit mentality.

They are for real in some senses and not in others. Their 10-5 record is not for real. In reality they are more like a 5-5 team that with 5 other games flipped a coin and got heads 5 times in a row.

Miami's 10-5 record is legit. They have a decent offense and just enough playmakers on D to mask their deficiencies against most opponents (especially in a weak year for offensive production). They've played a weak schedule and won their games against bad teams. That's what a playoff team is supposed to do.

Matt Moore. 6 TD 2 INT in the past 2 games. He is playing the best football in the AFC right now...

I'm scared.
I'm not (for the first time all season). It's simple zoology. Dolphins are mammals. Mammals are mortal. The Pats have a GOAT. GOATs are immortal.

I'm not (for the first time all season). It's simple zoology. Dolphins are mammals. Mammals are mortal. The Pats have a GOAT. GOATs are immortal.
vVIrs.jpg

GOAT riding high:

cNwEyzdInAQ_d7k-y77dxhBwZL1gZQq7PNG5xNGom6BQO-uUZPcm89mh6BFr7zyhkpU=h900

dolphin not:

Dolph.png

While I am not particularly scared of the Dolphins, the following are true:

1. The Pats often play like crap in Miami. It is second to Denver as a place that gives us bad juju for some reason.
2. The Fins got to 10 wins this year, even after losing their starting QB, while usual contenders Baltimore, Indy & Denver could not. Even Houston, a division winner, has only 9 wins right now.
3. The Dolphins always seem to have a good D that confounds our O, and that includes their players who take "liberties" with the rules and don't mind hurting other players.

So, while I don't know whether they are "for real," particularly in cold weather once the playoffs start, it would be a mistake to take them lightly.

I don't care. I can't stand it!

Now that that's out of the way. Yes they are legit. You don't win 10 games by luck, unless you have Peyton Fivehead on your team, and even then it isn't luck. It's institutional forces...

Plus, it is in Miami. I Guarantee Belichick is not looking past them, and respects them a great deal.

miami will be a good warm up test heading into the playoffs

Key will be stopping their running game. In their five losses they average 61.8 yards on the ground. In their ten wins 144. I'm a bit unsure about the Dolphins. Playing in Miami is never easy, but their numbers hasn't been particularly impressive. They are a .500 team that has won a couple of close games

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes