PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are Steelers a dirty team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is REALLY funny! Patriot fans worried about playing dirty! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's nice that Belicheat figured out he needed a smaller camera. Probably still cheating.

I really enjoy watching the guards for your beloved cheaters tackle opposing teams......and LAY on them. At the same time, the announcers will talk about the incredible confidence of Brady. If I was a QB who had guards that were allowed to tackle, I'D be pretty comfortable too!

Pittsburgh is a dirty city, so of course they're a dirty team!

Sorry, pal. I don't buy that...Pittsburgh is one of the most beautiful and cleanest cities I have every lived in.
As for a dirty team, I think the Steelers are very physical. Their division year in year out is tough and defensive oriented - this is not the AFC West/Pac 10. I find it hard to see a Rooney-owned team being dirty, and don't think Cowher was a dirty player or coach.

I ask this because we play them in Two weeks and their has been a call in the media and among other fans to HURT BRADY.

In the Monday night game the injury to R Williams looks intentional and premeditated. If your watch the NFL Chanel's "PUT UP YOUR DUKES, there is a clip of this injury from two different angles and the second angle shows Ricky laying defenseless on the ground with all but one player focusing on the loose ball he just fumbled.

The player who steps on Ricky is not looking for the loose ball but rather lining up on Ricky laying defenseless on the ground, then He lifts his leg as high a possible, without any apparent reason, for to lift it this high interrupts his previous cadence, and then he stabs it into Ricky's shoulder bringing down his entire wait and moves on.

If this was the first time a suspect injury occurred from the Steelers i would not be as suspicious but this is only one in a long list of suspect injuries, T Brady, Carson Palmer, and Rodney Harrison are three that come to mind in the recent past and now Ricky.

In law enforcement a pattern implies intent and there is a distinct pattern to high profile players being injured when playing the Steelers.

I wonder why PFT has never picked up on this?

They deliberately went after Brady's leg in the AFCCG in 2001. Look at the
hit and you will see the player targeting his lower leg. Dirty SOB'S!!!!!!
I expect more of the same. Say what you will about other teams, but
****sburg, Denver, and Tennessee are the three 'dirtiest' teams in the
league, and the coaching staffs encourage this style of play.

I thought the stomp was intentional. I don't necessarily think the aim was to injure Williams, but a defense's job is to intimidate the offensive players, especially those who have possession of the ball, and that's probably was Timmons was trying to do.

But the field was so sloppy and wet, I really could be wrong.

I thought the stomp was intentional. I don't necessarily think the aim was to injure Williams, but a defense's job is to intimidate the offensive players, especially those who have possession of the ball, and that's probably was Timmons was trying to do.

But the field was so sloppy and wet, I really could be wrong.

I have less respect for the 'truth' the media portraits, but don't you think/wish SOMEONE would bring up the stomp as being deliberate?

The steelers dirty? NEVER!

Remember when they kept coming at Brady's legs in 2001 playoffs, until finally they knocked him out and Bledsoe had to come in.

Does anyone have a video clip of the Williams' injury?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QdJmuCoHYg

That did look intentional and does need to be looked at by the league. That being said I doubt it will come to anything as it does seem there are 2 rule sets this season, one for the pats and one for the rest of the league.

(My first post d%#*!@t, I HAVE SPOKEN!)

Last edited:
Give me a break, will ya?

This is the NFL. Do you really believe that taking out a QB is a new concept?

Taking out a QB with a good fair hit is fine by me ....no problem from me this is football.....but does WE ARE PLAYING FOOTBALL excuse intentionally injuring another player? Are there no rules to obey because This is the NFL?

Are you suggesting that its ok to break the rules in order to injure someone on the field because this is the NFL, or are you suggesting no one has ever injured someone else on the playing field on purpose?

Its my opinion that one of the sad things about the Steelers is they have in the past made up for lack of talent by intentionally injuring other players and Your saying "Give me a break will ya? This is the NFL.....does not excuse their Thuggery.

Someone gets hurt on a clean play, Hey thats the breaks, someone is intentionally targeted to get hurt and Yes i have a problem and i think most Fans would have a problem.

Last edited:
Have you been to Pennsylvania??

So much history in that state -- over the top. So you would think it was somewhat cultured.

But, something is amiss.

I was traveling alone with my dogs and I got lost. Took the northern route. I could not figure out where I was except that I saw I dead deer every two feet. So, I figured, go ask a local.

So I pull into this place that looked, well kind of strange, but I figured hey I am not in the south, go ask.

I walked into a place right out of Deer Hunter. I know there are some young folks here that do not understand what I am saying, but Deer Hunter is a film you must see. For those of you that have seen it, then you understand.

I'm not quite sure why but these are some very tough people.

So, yes, the Steelers have a history. Palmer would agree with that.

Bottom line, take the high road with your life, or the low road as a person. Me, I like the high road.

If you think my statements are a bit weird, just take the time to watch Deer Hunter. It will explain everything. And then take a drive to Northern Pennsylvania and find out what I am saying.

I personally, have never associated the players on a steelers team as dirty... They remind me of our defense... Honest, hard hitting, plays tough, plays with heart... I think Williams "blow" was suspicious, but have never thought Brady and Palmers were, just accidents, much like Wilforks hit on Losman earlier in the year...

The KVO seemed more like a stupid play, rather than a dirty play. It seemed to me like an honest effort to get to the QB. Problem was, Palmer had already thrown the ball. That, to me, equals stupid.

The Wilfork play really is iffy, and generally interpreted along team allegiance lines. His momentum was increased by a Buff player from behind, but he did seem to be trying to use it to to his advantage. However, he was also unable to stop himself when it was too late because of his augmented momentum.

I don't remember the 2001 Brady play.

Monday's game vs. Ricky appears to be a clear-cut case of intention. I have no problem with using Ricky's body as a firm footing to dive off of. On it's own, it's borderline smart thinking vs. a little careless/dirty.

What I do have a problem with was the blatant wind-up Timmons used to stomp on Ricky. There is no way in hell anyone can really see that any think otherwise. If you saw a kid do that, you'd reprimand him immediately. How is this not similar? How is now a judgment call or conveniently iffy due to turf conditions?

Just saw the Williams play for the first time and watched it about 15 times to truly get a grasp of the situation. Bear with me through this analysis:

As Williams is falling the ball squirts straight ahead, if not slightly to his right. Timmons, back and to the right of Williams, is in the process of taking a small leap over a fallen player as the ball is squirting out. His momentum is carrying him straight toward Williams' helmet, if not ahead of it. As he's coming down from the leap his right foot and entire upper body continue straight ahead. However, his left leg elevates for a second longer and comes down a bit awkardly--definitely to the left of his bodies momentum. It's not until his leg comes down on Williams that he reverses course and takes aim at the football which at this point was directly to his right.

Dirty, dirty play and he should DEFINITELY be fined for it. It's one thing to go a little high or a little late on a QB, it's a whole other thing--IMO--to change your course to directly stomp on a fallen player. I mean, where's the Merriweather-type outrage? This wasn't even during an on-field brawl where everyone is going a little nuts, it was clear intent to injure during a regular play.

I don't know about the Steelers,but that stomp was dirty.
Timmons left leg clearly extends un-naturally out to his left
into Williams,instad of directly under him on to the ground.

The push out to the left is visible in the youtube vid posted above
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QdJmuCoHYg

and in the vid game recap here
http://www.nfl.com/videos

There is another shot,shown on ESPN today,from the left side
that shows his leg raised un-naturally high,then a short
hesitation before he stomps him.
I have not found it again

I don't know about the Steelers,but that stomp was dirty.
Timmons left leg clearly extends un-naturally out to his left
into Williams,instad of directly under him on to the ground.

He was trying to get some traction..
:yeahthat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft