PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone making the trip to Indy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticketmaster.com said tickets would be on sale tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10am. Unfortunately, a few hours ago I got a message saying that the status has changed.

Ticketmaster lists the game as officially sold out and has taken down the on sale date.

Ticketmaster.com said tickets would be on sale tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10am. Unfortunately, a few hours ago I got a message saying that the status has changed.

Ticketmaster lists the game as officially sold out and has taken down the on sale date.

That was today. They released about 1000 tickets at 10 am, but only available in person, in the state of Indiana. My buddy got what we think were the last 2 by driving down to South Bend.

Since I'm here in Indy and I know one other Patriots fan in this city (and I call him dad) I was curious if anyone was making trip. My dad owns a couple of bars here, one of which is in walking distance to the RCA dome so if anyone wants a Patriots friendly environment the natives there are friendly.

Joe, any tickets available? i'm thinking of driving down but not unless i can get a ticket or two. IF I can get some I'll come to your Dad's bars on Sat night!

I've never in my life seen a Colts game where the scalpers weren't out in force prior to the game.

I'm sure tickets will be available. They may not be cheap, but they'll be available. Historically speaking when there is a really big game the scalpers overbuy and then end up selling the tickets near face value prior to gametime to liquidate some inventory.

This should be taken with a grain of salt however... I've never seen an AFC Championship game happen here, we'll see. It's a game either way unless you want to call some ticket brokers.

Joe

Whats your Dad's bar called? Street? IIRC, you gave me the heads up for a Mexican restaurant in Denver that was fabulous.

Anybody from Kansas going to the game? I'm driving up from KC.

Hey, let me know which bar(s) your dad owns and I'll be sure to visit!! Living here with all these "so called" fans is a joke. They have no idea how to really support their team. Things around here are VERY lame!! Will your dad be brave enough to put Pats stuff up, or does Peyton have say over all the downtown bars?? Let me know!!!

He owns 2 bars right now... just sold the Bourbon Street Distillery so now he owns Billy O'Neals on 10th & Girls School which is an Irish pub... quaint nice place and the Tip Top Tavern on 14th & Capitol 2 blocks south of Methodist... Tip Top seems kinda like a dive at first glance but it actually a really cool place to watch football (particularly if you're a pats fan) and both places have awesome food.

Peyton has no jurisdiction in my dads places... obviously we root for the Colts any time they play someone who isn't called the Patriots because well... Colts fans pay the bills but there is definitely a couple of pictures of my dad in full Minute Man regalia looking like Pat the Patriot... including the red socks.

Ticket markets are fickle, but when there's nothing new that happens as a game approaches, ticket prices usually go down not up. All the rookie scalpers who have ticket and want to make a buck start out trying to get what the scalpers or stubhub is advertising the tickets for, only to start to panic on Thursday or Friday.

Whos going to the game??

I may have to go alone and might be buying 2 tickets.

I would, but now I need to come up with a disguise to pose as an Indy Fan - not a Pats Fan, in order to get a ticket sold to me.

Can anyone advise - how can I pass myself off as an Indy Fan? What kindof character traits would I need to show? What could I say and do?

That was today. They released about 1000 tickets at 10 am, but only available in person, in the state of Indiana. My buddy got what we think were the last 2 by driving down to South Bend.

DAMN IT! This only releasing tickets in the home state is ridiculous. I can go, but only if I get face value seats, take a plane to Columbus, then drive 3hrs. :mad:

Be sure to call ahead for a hotel room - there is a huge cheerleaders competition/convention going on at the same time that is booking up a ton of rooms all over the city.

Be sure to call ahead for a hotel room - there is a huge cheerleaders competition/convention going on at the same time that is booking up a ton of rooms all over the city.

I hope this is at my hotel. :D

He owns 2 bars right now... just sold the Bourbon Street Distillery so now he owns Billy O'Neals on 10th & Girls School which is an Irish pub... quaint nice place and the Tip Top Tavern on 14th & Capitol 2 blocks south of Methodist... Tip Top seems kinda like a dive at first glance but it actually a really cool place to watch football (particularly if you're a pats fan) and both places have awesome food.

Ha !!!!! neither places are convieniant to the dome. One you can argue is basically in Speedway ( and more aptly a bigger Ben Davis Giants bar then NE Patriot bar!)and the other in its prior incantation was a gay bar ( not that it matters)-- located in no-wheres-ville but at least its on your way TO the dome zooming down Capital. I suggest, if your a Colts fan , keeping your money in the Colts fan family-- planty more pubs to choose from.

Last edited:
Ian could you sticky this?? Thanks

And, does anyone from the Indy area know where the better parts of town are. Just a half decent area, nothing fancy. I'm booking my hotel room and dont want to come out Sunday morning to see my vehicle up on blocks.

Why doesnt everyone meet at TipTop Tavern?? JoeinIndy's Dad is the owner and a Pats fan. It will be a friendly environment. Miguel, might we see you there? At the very least, I owe you a drink for all your hard work on the Pats Cap.

317 634 8701
TipTop Tavern
1341 Capitol Ave, 46202 zip (for those with GPS systems. FYI, just bought on and they are great)

Been following ebay for tickets and it seems like prices have settled and starting to drift down.

"That was today. They released about 1000 tickets at 10 am, but only available in person, in the state of Indiana. My buddy got what we think were the last 2 by driving down to South Bend."

Yeah its all about football, no need to help out the city's economy by selling tickets elsewhere to bring money in to the community.

a reasonably priced ticket to the AFC Championship game? Not likely.

then again, if you're used to paying for Patriots tickets the Indy tickets would probably be affordable. I'm sure there will be tons of tickets available.

your right. the game probably won't even sell out in a place like indianapolis.

Cant'go..

For those who are going, make sure you make SOME NOISE and represent us follow Patriots fans to the fullest!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST