PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else think we take Greg Olsen TE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In other words, then, NE has always needed TEs under Belichick. (When was the last time he didn't draft a TE?)

Yes, obviously he thought he could do better than what he had.

Did he draft a TE high 3 years ago? 4 years ago? Graham, Watson and Thomas were the only high ones over the last 5 years that I remember. 2 of them are still on the roster and Thomas didn't get much playing time last year.

No, I doubt we draft a pass receiving TE. A TE with strong blocking skills would not surprise me on day two.

I'm expecting David Thomas to be featured more as one of the many receiving options for Brady. Those who didn't see Thomas play at Texas are in for a surprise.

Greg Olsen will go at #31 to the Bears - IMO thats where he would fit best since they have no decent TE and their receivers are average at best.

No, I doubt we draft a pass receiving TE. A TE with strong blocking skills would not surprise me on day two.

I'm expecting David Thomas to be featured more as one of the many receiving options for Brady. Those who didn't see Thomas play at Texas are in for a surprise.

Wait, you mean Thomas can play better than he did against JAX? :D [I remember his very first catch as a Pat--it went 29 yards. And he almost made the next catch for another 29. :) ]

I'd put at least 50:50 odds that, by the end of 2008, Thomas will be the #1 TE on this team (not b/c he's a better athlete, but b/c his hands are so good).

another posible reason..Aren't the jesters looking for a TE

Yea, I really like Dave Thomas. I hope they use him more this year, and think they probably should have used him more last year.

From your lips to God's ears, especially if he goes to someone other than the JEST. :)

As I said in a previous post, BB's dream draft probably goes like this. :)

1a. Greg Olsen
1b. Zach Miller
3. Ben Patrick
4. Matt Spaeth
5. Scott Chandler
6a. Joe Newton
6b. Martrez Miller
6c. Kevin Boss
6d. Clark Harris
7. Gijon Robinson

You have finally figured it out !

I think Miller (ASU) is more of a complete TE than Olson. Olson catches the ball with his body too much. doesn't block very well.

JMO

learn who Greg is. Hes got the best hands out of the TEs..runs great routes. He can improve as a blocker

Its Greg OLSEN not OLSON. i know him personally..not being biased..i dont want him here because we shouldnt get a TE but to say he catches with body is stupid. He came in 2nd in hands competition..caught everything like Meachem but instead of 30 balls he caught 29 (what he got fed)

he makes some nice grabs(1 handed and such)..good athlete but needs to get stronger and block a little better

Greg Olsen will go at #31 to the Bears - IMO thats where he would fit best since they have no decent TE and their receivers are average at best.

actually Clark had a real good season for them and Berrian did too

Last edited:
Never, we will never take a TE when we have a quality starter, we will never draft a OG in round 1 and forget about a round 1 RB.

The difference is that in 2004, the Pats only had Graham and Fauria. This year, the Pats have Watson, Thomas and Brady plus Mills and Kranchick.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats DIDN'T draft a TE for the 1st time in the BB Era as Kranchick could well be the Brady replacement in a year.

Yea, I really like Dave Thomas.

Count me in too. When nobody was looking, Thomas -- playing behind 2 young #1 draft picks -- had one of the best rookie seasons of last year's highly touted TE class. Brady & Mills make for very solid depth. Everybody's signed for at least 2 years. And I'm not crazy about Olson. Aside from that, yes, let's go TE in the 1st! ;)

If we drafted him at 24, I would first chuckle because we ruined the Jets draft and then eat my hat and throw the TV out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back