PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else concerned about O'Callahan vs. Strahan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailgater

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I sure am. The few times we've seen him, he's been killed in pass protection by guys a lot less accomplished than Strahan.

With Neal also out, and the absence of Kyle Brady, just how will the Pats scheme to protect Brady?

Yes, I think that's the only way New England loses the game, if the Giants go off on the right side of the Pats OL and get to Brady and force a turnover that way. If Kyle Brady was active then it wouldn't bother me nearly as much.

No (10 chars)

I expect to see alot of Kevin Faulk in this game. He will chip away at the culprit all day.

Also, I bet OC is improved since last last year. We'll see.
Wasn't it a close decision between Kaczur and OC for starting job?

Britt could also start at RT, though my money would be on O'Callaghan.

I'm not all that worried about Strahan, strangely enough.

hopefully we run ball again..maybe run @ Strahan and see how good O'C is

to say ur not worried about O'C verse Strahan..just stupid. Strahan is strong and fast. Hes not Dwight Freeney who will get knocked down with a good punch. O'C is a mammoth but he wasnt able to handle rushers very well when he was a starter

Last edited:
How about some screen plays, quick outs, and dings to Faulk and company. Maroney carries for a couple of good gains to keep them honest. How are the Giants against the run?

I'm not excited about it but I wouldn't be with the very average Kaczur in there either.

Strahan has just been OK this year. Of his 9 sacks, 5.5 of them have come against the terrible OL of Detriot (last in the league in sacks allowed) and SF (tied for 3rd/4th worst). I understand he still got the sacks but against good OL only has 3.5 on the season - 1 in his last 5 games.

to say ur not worried about O'C verse Strahan..just stupid. Strahan is strong and fast. Hes not Dwight Freeney who will get knocked down with a good punch. O'C is a mammoth but he wasnt able to handle rushers very well when he was a starter

Guess what? A lot of players on the Giant's DL are "strong and fast." Doesn't mean a damn thing. Why should I be more worried about Strahan on O'C than Umenyiora on Light?

Frankly, I don't expect the Giant's pass rush to have all that much success, at least if the offensive minds have done their job well.

In another thread, I suggested that running the ball (incl. draw plays) and screen passes (remember those?) could slow the DL's pass rush. TB must get rid of the ball a lot sooner tonight, because O'C will not contain Strahan/Umenyiora long enough for the offense to use 7-step drop, 20-yard patterns very often.

Patriots will give him a TE to help, chip with Faulk, and throw short passes. I think the Giants will line Osi up on that side, anyways. He's the better player of the two.

i'm concerned about this, but I think the Pats will now run the ball more than planned and only go for those records once they get close to the goal line. I wonder if based on these injuries they will just bag any try for records and just concentrate on winning without getting Brady killed.

I have a strange feeling BB will figure it out and game plan for any possible weakness

every time that an obvious "potential problem" like this one comes up, it is never an issue in the game.

I'm sure it will be fine.

I'm not excited about it but I wouldn't be with the very average Kaczur in there either.

Strahan has just been OK this year. Of his 9 sacks, 5.5 of them have come against the terrible OL of Detriot (last in the league in sacks allowed) and SF (tied for 3rd/4th worst). I understand he still got the sacks but against good OL only has 3.5 on the season - 1 in his last 5 games.

The scary thing to me is just that- kaczur is only a jag, yet he beat out O'C because of his 'ability' in pass protection. Form the little I saw of O'C, he was the superior run blocker.

The few times I saw him, O'C's first step is horribly slow. He can be beat in any number of ways, whether by Strahan, omi, Pierce, etc.

I expect Britt to get a lot of time at RT and / or TE. Faulk will be busy picking up the first guy to get in there. I'm more concerned about the 2nd or 3rd guy.

I do expect a lot of screens and draws, hopefully enough to get a 3 to 4 td lead and get Brady out of there healthy, with most of the records they are close to.

every time that an obvious "potential problem" like this one comes up, it is never an issue in the game.

I seem to remember similar concerns against the Eagles and Ravens. They got the W, but Brady got hit too often and too hard to for me to feel comfortable..

Ding, ding, ding.............. We have a winner. I feel the same way, Relax, and enjoy the game.

Spach to the rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back