PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone contemplating a sports-media blackout for an extended period of time?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you need a break from obsessing over the Pats?

• Yes.

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Ask me again in a couple weeks.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Nope. Don't be soft. The draft is in 3 months, we're stocked, future looks good.

Votes: 16 37.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all who posted similar thoughts. Glad I'm not the only one - and I can see that others are equally as obsessed with this squad, and equally disturbed by how others in the media/fans/nation talk about the team.

My advice - I tried to stay away from here, but now with the SB over and the draft heating up, its hard to ignore what is one of my go-to-hobbies. It's like the guy in Hurt Locker says, as you get older, less and less things amuse you. This is one of them.

I've still stayed away from ESPN, PFT, and any non-New England sports media, and I can't stress enough what a difference that makes. I'm still not listening to sports radio or watching CSN outside of Celtics.

Basically, I'm still avoiding any patriots talk outside of patsfans.com until next season. I recommend this for anyone else who finds themselves too easily affected by anti-Patriot talk, or any reminders of our failure vs. the Jets.

I hate this time of year. Football is over and baseball is about to start. Every year about this time I pay less attention to sports than usual.

I hate this time of year. Football is over and baseball is about to start. Every year about this time I pay less attention to sports than usual.

To me, this is the stress-free part of football season. Team-building comes without the headaches that the regular season and the Patriots-obsessed sports-media deliveries.

Pittsburgh failing to win the SB helped ease some of the pain for someone - like myself - who is overly obsessed with this team's legacy, particularly for the coach and QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes