PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

any guesses on kr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eom

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
or has it already been established?

I think James White will be the kick returner.

Matthew "Cement Wall" Slater?

I was going to say Brandon Bolden but then we don't usually suit up the 4th RB. So I agree with Brady6, it will be James White.

White, Vereen or Captain Dan Connolly.

Hopefully not McCourty. Don't take risks with him like Seattle are by having Thomas return punts.

If we only dress 3 RBs, White is the odd man out. Bolden too important on STs.
Agreed, I'd rather sit White than Bolden, and use Slater. The added value of White is not worth sitting a much needed special teamer.

they should just sign THIS guy....considering the state of the kickoff in today's NFL..

www-ics-uci-edu.jpg

Amendola was a good KR in STL.

Amendola was a good KR in STL.

That's a good point, Marqui--but I would prefer a player of lesser importance due to the fact that KOR are much more "violent" than punt returns.

Last year we used Blount, so I wouldn't mind a player of that kind of caliber and depth option as opposed to a starter like Amendola.

I don't think the position is all that important anymore in the first place, and may have had something to do with BB using a player like Blount (260 lbs) on KORs. Of course, he surprised some people with his agility and barrel-ahead type of running, so that was a plus. I somehow doubt that it was expected though when the initial decision was made, but that's just my opinion.

Like others have said, I'm not convinced that J.White is even active yet, so we'll have to see.

Edelman and Amendola were both returning kicks/punts at one point or another last season. I could see either of them being used. Dobson maybe, too.

I'm thinking that it will come down to how Miami's kicker & punter are doing this season, in that heat & humidity. If they are consistently booming it in/through for a touchback, then ll that really matters is that we have someone who can fall on the ball if needs be. :)

I was gonna suggest that but I didn't want to give Joker palpitations. Oh Danny Boy....

OH NO!!! ANOTHER Amendola thread....RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Amendola is a really good idea for KR.

To be real, the role isn't very important. However, Amendola is certainly as capable as Blount of doing the job adequately.

That's a good point, Marqui--but I would prefer a player of lesser importance due to the fact that KOR are much more "violent" than punt returns.
I think that's a little overrated, do KRs really get hurt often returning kicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back