PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any Given Wednesday & Amy Trask

Status
Not open for further replies.

old 55

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I had stopped watching this show because it's been painfully bad. (Sorry Bill - hate to slam a local guy & fellow Pats Fan, but it's not a good show.)
Amy Trask, former Raiders CEO, was on this week and I stopped and watched for part of the show. First, she says she likes Goodell. Then she whines about how Brady gets calls before he even gets hit. (Frame of reference was the uncalled hits on Cam Newton.) She talks about her 30 year working relationship with Goodell.
It demonstrates to me just how many people around the league hate us and hate Brady. Of course there was that snow bowl game against her Raiders. Time to let it go folks.

It demonstrates to me just how many people around the league hate us and hate Brady. Of course there was that snow bowl game against her Raiders. Time to let it go folks.
The Raiders will let go of the Tuck Rule Game when we let go of Deflategate.

"Until Death Do Us Part"

Last edited:
When has Brady ever gotten a call before he was hit? In fact he is one of the least beneficiaries of flags.

When has Brady ever gotten a call before he was hit? In fact he is one of the least beneficiaries of flags.

I'm not sure how her logic works there. One would have to have had delivered a hit before receiving a penalty for it.

I had stopped watching this show because it's been painfully bad. (Sorry Bill - hate to slam a local guy & fellow Pats Fan, but it's not a good show.)
Amy Trask, former Raiders CEO, was on this week and I stopped and watched for part of the show. First, she says she likes Goodell. Then she whines about how Brady gets calls before he even gets hit. (Frame of reference was the uncalled hits on Cam Newton.) She talks about her 30 year working relationship with Goodell.
Simmons has taken a major step back. Like most, loved his writing, and then enjoyed his podcasts and the stable of writers he collected at Grantland.

But all the longform stuff at Grantland is pretty much gone with the Ringer, which is a mess, and as you say, the HBO show is godawful. Can't see it lasting. I mean, what the hell IS it?

I suppose it's good he finally had another woman on, it was getting embarrassing going weeks with the only female guest being Christina Hendricks. I mean, don't blame the guy for having her on, but you know.

... it was getting embarrassing going weeks with the only female guest being Christina Hendricks. I mean, don't blame the guy for having her on, but you know.

Christina_Hendricks-e1428098260899-300x317.jpg

"Christina, good to see you. Couple things I wanna focus on here..."

Unfortunately when it comes to Brady, people LOVE to make egregious, hyperbolic claims about him.
Example: Brady lobbies for a call = Brady whines/cries after every play

Meanwhile every single play of every other game, ever.. QBs, WRs, LBs etc. from every single team lobby for favorable calls - not a peep. It's only Brady.

Once again.. its the Patriots

..and everyone else.

I don't want them to let it go. I love the fact that it still upsets them.

I guess she is too young to remember the phantom "roughing the passer" playoff game.
Check out my thread on the subject.

If we win 100 consecutive Super Bowls, it will never make up for 12/18/76.

The Raiders openly admit to cheating, getting away with it and not caring about it.

The Patriots have done exactly nothing against the rules.

A properly enforced rule and two railroading witch hunts, embraced, accepted and promoted by both local and national media, effectively entrenching propaganda as fact for the vast majority of people.

And modern "fans" of the team, bemoaning the injustice, and the owner being duped into supporting a loose cannon for and as commissioner, who insatiably and recklessly enforces the biased agenda of malevolent owners.

While at the same time, blindly accepting the owner's swallowing James Busch Orthwein's declaration of ignorance in support of the destruction of our identity, specifically our logo and uniforms, along with the corresponding fantasy that the franchise's first 33 years are worthy of being buried like Nazi fascism, the ultimate insult not only to alumni but also to the real, loyal, genuine fans of generations who have since been denied the simple right to at least watch their team play out on the field, and root for them, win or lose, without the players being re-costumed in ugly, inappropriate space suits.

The Raiders will let go of the Tuck Rule Game when we let go of Deflategate.

"Until Death Do Us Part"
Tuck Rule Game=a properly enforced rule
Immaculate Reception=a properly called play

2 "whatever-gates"=titanic punishments perpetrated for made-up things the team never even did

Ben Dreith says hi.

I guess she is too young to remember the phantom "roughing the passer" playoff game.
Or, she goes along with Raiders fans who believe that was an unbiased, properly and fairly officiated game, and that the better team "won".

sugar-bear-hamilton_scruberthumbnail_0.jpg

Never forget! Never ever ever ever ever ever forget!!!

:mad:

Further proof, if any was needed, that competence is not a prerequisite for holding positions of power in/around the NFL.

There's a reason why Belichick's been consistently running circles around these clowns for the last 15 years. Because he's exceptionally competent, and a whole lot of them just aren't.

sugar-bear-hamilton_scruberthumbnail_0.jpg

Never forget! Never ever ever ever ever ever forget!!!

:mad:
impossible of course, especially in light of the league's consistent disparagement of the team since

you can see Sugar Bear tipping the ball, before Stabler crumples into his best soccer-style fake injury pose

only one of countless egregious officiating wounds inflicted to the Pats throughout the game, but especially in the fourth quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft