PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another how Jax can beat pats column

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you prefer another "Patriots will dominate" column?

Those got boring after 16 wins ^_^

Pats are dominant at home (Eagles game was a fluke)
Pats don't lose with an extra week of preparation
Jags stink on turf
Jags playing 4th road game in 5 weeks
Stroud and Peterson are out, Henderson hobbled

I know, I know..."Any given Sunday" and all that. But this game is on a Saturday and the Pats would have to cough up a mighty big hairball to lose this one.

Would you prefer another "Patriots will dominate" column?

Those got boring after 16 wins ^_^

It didn't get boring to sports shows. It didn't get boring to television audiences.

Oddly enough, it mostly got boring to the trolls from opposing teams. Hmmm....

so why is no one saying how the chargers can upset the colts? they have LT...remember? :singing:

so why is no one saying how the chargers can upset the colts? they have LT...remember? :singing:

When you go to the middle of our discussion, when you start typing the message that Charger Trolls are known for, that's disrespectful to me. And I can't sit here and read that. And so, yeah, I am very upset. And just the fact that you showed no class at all. Absolutely no class. And maybe that comes from your team's head coach. So you know, there you have it.

Everybody wants a blueprint on how to beat them, but when you look at the versatility of the pats and their ability to adapt..it all comes out to be a crock of sh..t.. these guys have to sell their ware and will do anything to do do so.

Obviously at any week the Patriots are capable of losing.
However, when a reporter/writer says "if they do these things they'll win". Those are kind of stupid because 1. If it was just a matter of doing those things the HC would already know about them; and 2. If doing those things were easy, they'd have been done by now.

When one team loses a lead in the 4th, its a fluke. When it happens multiple times against the Patriots; it can be determined that playing 4 quarters against the patriots is extremely difficult (maybe from an endurance point of view; maybe an adjustments; maybe its just harder to execute 4 qs than 3 qs...i dont know)

When you go to the middle of our discussion, when you start typing the message that Charger Trolls are known for, that's disrespectful to me. And I can't sit here and read that. And so, yeah, I am very upset. And just the fact that you showed no class at all. Absolutely no class. And maybe that comes from your team's head coach. So you know, there you have it.

To ne5patsfan4, hope you realized that this wasn't directed at you and that it is based on the infamous LdT quote from 06 AFC divisional game

Actually there is only one column.

It started out as a the Cowboys are the one team that can beat the Patriots.

Find edit replace "Cowboys" with "Colts"

publish

Find edit replace "Colts" with "Buffalo"

publish

Find edit replace "Buffalo" with "Steelers"

publish

Find edit replace "Steelers" with "Giants"

publish

Find edit replace "Giants" with "Jax"

publish

Actually there is only one column.

It started out as a the Cowboys are the one team that can beat the Patriots.

Find edit replace "Cowboys" with "Colts"

publish

Find edit replace "Colts" with "Buffalo"

publish

Find edit replace "Buffalo" with "Steelers"

publish

Find edit replace "Steelers" with "Giants"

publish

Find edit replace "Giants" with "Jax"

publish

I've been reading that one!! haha I should have been a sports writer.

I am not a homer Jags fans and must say that I am not too optimistic. But these writers must cook up something to earn their livings as you guys know and they got you guys reading writing about this right now... so they succeeded. But I just want to know if you think there is a chance for upset there... I would think something like 30% chance for us...

I am not a homer Jags fans and must say that I am not too optimistic. But these writers must cook up something to earn their livings as you guys know and they got you guys reading writing about this right now... so they succeeded. But I just want to know if you think there is a chance for upset there... I would think something like 30% chance for us...

In my view, Jacksonville's chances of an upset are non-zero but not very high (<15%). This years Jags team's defense appears to weaker (perhaps signficantly) than the previous two years and the offense is about the same or slightly better. Do you see this differently?

In my view, Jacksonville's chances of an upset are non-zero but not very high (<15%). This years Jags team's defense appears to weaker (perhaps signficantly) than the previous two years and the offense is about the same or slightly better. Do you see this differently?

Our D stands still and has weakness in the secondary... but our offense if you have not noticed is a lot better, there is a reason why Del Rio pull Byron Lefty out and put in Garrard. He's a better game manager and doesnt hurt team with INTs (the Pitts game is the worst) while I don't mean to compare him with Brady, the improvement is subtle to outsiders like when no name Brady replaced Bledsoe. I used to think that Brunell was better than Bledsoe in terms of making mistake too.

Last edited:
They have a pretty good shot at beating you guys, they know how to play a passing team. I dont think its going to be easy for you guys.

They have a pretty good shot at beating you guys, they know how to play a passing team. I dont think its going to be easy for you guys.

They just don't know how to win against one.

So there you have it from the self appointed king of class. Can we do a Phillip Rivers quote now?? I really loath that meathead!!!

So there you have it from the self appointed king of class. Can we do a Phillip Rivers quote now?? I really loath that meathead!!!

Okay:D . I would say "you are the sorriest poster on this board" but it wouldn't apply to anyone on this thread or most of the Jags posters this week so I will have to use that next week for Colts or Chargers trolls. :D

Okay:D . I would say "you are the sorriest poster on this board" but it wouldn't apply to anyone on this thread or most of the Jags posters this week so I will have to use that next week for Colts or Chargers trolls. :D

Great! I think we should crash the Chargers board with all these quotes and stir the pot a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST