PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Bright Spot: Wheatley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so crazy about Wilhite, he seems to have been picked on a few times in the last couple games. Overall I agree though, I think this secondary is going to be better than expected when it gets some solid experience under its belt.
The Colts moved Wayne inside to target Wilhite, hard to run down a rookie for struggling against Reggie Wayne.

As far as our young CBs, it was Richardson that was victimized quite a bit. He was primarily covering the slot (Gonzalez) and he was having a hard time keeping up with him. I still think Mike's got good upside. The first TD was a pick and the second one was a perfect throw by Manning. And not too many CBs can shut down the Gonzalez/Manning combo especially when Manning is not pressured.

We got victimized tonight by a lot of middle of the field passes. Our zone had a lot of holes in the short middle.
Richardson saw his share, but he was trying to cover receivers targeted by Peyton Manning and his pocket rocking chair, I've seen a lot worse from young DBs.

Talking about our young secondary, can't forget about Lewis Sanders who has looked pretty good as well. Hopefully he'll be back soon to help out with the load.

I'm tickled to death by the youth movement in our secondary. I suspect that, when healthy, it's going to be very deep in coming seasons.

I think that bad news on the Wheatley injury front may upset me more than the result of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft