PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another Bright Spot: Wheatley

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Those were Peyton Manning passes he was deflecting, boys and girls. I'm excited about him.

Hopefully he isn't hurt too badly; it looked like it was his hand which under a lot of circumstances can be casted up and played with. Even if it takes some time to come back, I think this guy has a bright future here based on the things I've seen from him.

Those were Peyton Manning passes he was deflecting, boys and girls. I'm excited about him.

Hopefully he isn't hurt too badly; it looked like it was his hand which under a lot of circumstances can be casted up and played with. Even if it takes some time to come back, I think this guy has a bright future here based on the things I've seen from him.

Me too. He seemed to be doing quite well for himself, and I hope he's back on the field soon.

Is Wheatley the one who has the rod in his wrist? Because if so we are in trouble. It looks like he went down hard on that wrist.

Is Wheatley the one who has the rod in his wrist? Because if so we are in trouble. It looks like he went down hard on that wrist.

It was the wrist, but it was the other one. He hurt the right one in college, and now it's the left one that he was favoring tonight.

Watching him leave the field I think he may have broken his wrist.

Yeah except we might not have him for a while :mad::mad:

Either way it didn't look good especially when they quickly left the field. The other kid looked completely lost out there. He was getting torched. He was very confused and just froze up at times.

Watching him leave the field I think he may have broken his wrist.

It looked like a finger or thumb to me. I really doubt if it was a wrist the trainer would have him running with him with only one hand supporting Wheatley's wrist.

It looked like a finger or thumb to me. I really doubt if it was a wrist the trainer would have him running with him with only one hand supporting Wheatley's wrist.
I really hope your right.But in the close up just as he was leaving to go into the locker room the trainer had his hand under Wheatley's,and Wheatley's hand looked very limp like there was no support. Similar to what Seau's arm looked like when he broke it.

Yeah. Al and John said that they were looking at his hand, not his wrist. And, BTW, I don't think "Let's run to the locker room as fast as we can, and let your hand flop around as we do" is standard protocol for a broken wrist. :) / :(

I really hope your right.But in the close up just as he was leaving to go into the locker room the trainer had his hand under Wheatley's,and Wheatley's hand looked very limp like there was no support. Similar to what Seau's arm looked like when he broke it.

yeah, but they didn't run to the lockerroom with Seau. Sorry, if the trainers thought it was a broken wrist, the last thing they would do is run with him to the lockerroom. They would totally immobilize the wrist. The way the moved him off the field could do a lot of damage if it was a broken wrist.

yeah, but they didn't run to the lockerroom with Seau. Sorry, if the trainers thought it was a broken wrist, the last thing they would do is run with him to the lockerroom. They would totally immobilize the wrist. The way the moved him off the field could do a lot of damage if it was a broken wrist.

I'm hoping we'll see him sooner than later with a playing cast on his hand/wrist.

I don't want to beat this to death,but I didn't see the trainers running with him. I saw them walking into the tunnel. Maybe i missed them running with him off the field. Again I hope its just a finger he was playing so well.

Yea, that's Wheatley.

He has a very extensive injury history with his wrist.

I feel bad for the guy. He was getting his first big opportunity and he was playing really well until he got injured.

I'm not disappointed with any of the young DBs, O'Neal not so much, but the young kids played fairly well.

I'm not disappointed with any of the young DBs, O'Neal not so much, but the young kids played fairly well.

I'm not so crazy about Wilhite, he seems to have been picked on a few times in the last couple games. Overall I agree though, I think this secondary is going to be better than expected when it gets some solid experience under its belt.

The trainer was holding his wrist and Wheatley appeared to be in great pain. It's hard to get an accurate concusion from what we saw, but based on the fact that the trainer was hold his wrist, them running to the locker room and the way Wheatley's hand was hanging like that, I'd say that the wrist is broken. I just hope it's not the one with a steel rod. Otherwise, he's f*cked and could be out a long time.

very good point
let's hope he's okay, because I agree with others in here, he was looking very solid tonight

As far as our young CBs, it was Richardson that was victimized quite a bit. He was primarily covering the slot (Gonzalez) and he was having a hard time keeping up with him. I still think Mike's got good upside. The first TD was a pick and the second one was a perfect throw by Manning. And not too many CBs can shut down the Gonzalez/Manning combo especially when Manning is not pressured.

We got victimized tonight by a lot of middle of the field passes. Our zone had a lot of holes in the short middle.

very good point
let's hope he's okay, because I agree with others in here, he was looking very solid tonight

WBCN guys said he was spotted in a sling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes