PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Announcements & advice for those heading to AZ (Mergedx4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who is going to the big game???

What about Hong Kong to Phoenix? Anyone do that drive before? I'm trying to decide if I should take the scenic northerly arctic route or if I should head straight across interstate pacific ocean.

Re: Who is going to the big game???

What about Hong Kong to Phoenix? Anyone do that drive before? I'm trying to decide if I should take the scenic northerly arctic route or if I should head straight across interstate pacific ocean.

Arctic route, definitely. Only about 90 miles of water the whole way. Homeland security guys at the border can be surly on the U.S. side of the straits, though.

Siberia's a bitc*. Gas up first.

Good little burger joint in Tianjin.

Last edited:
Re: Announcements & advice for those heading to AZ (Merged)

Some questions...

Is there anything going on inside the grounds of the stadium prior to the pre-game show?
Is the stadium in close proximity to anything/everything? Or is this stadium in the middle of nowhere?

Here ya go, Stack. Straight from "The Source" -

For all intents and purposes, it is in the middle of nowhere. Seeing as it is newly built, only 2 years in existence, the city of Glendale/Phoenix, has been hurrying to build other attractions in close proximity.

The Westgate Center, within walking distance is really great, Lots of shops and several restaurant/clubs... but be prepared to spend top dollar.

If you are looking for licensed Super Bowl shirts, hats and others items, go to the "Just Sports Store" in Westgate Center. Ask for Bill Crandall, he is the manager, and he may give you a deal (10% OFF) if you MENTION THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FAN CLUB OF ARIZONA. Mention the name of Mike Allen.

*The same items will cost twice as much if you buy them inside or on the stadium property.* "Just Sports" has two store locations and will have four kiosks around the Westgate Center.

If you do not have a car, you are kind of stuck there because there is not much else built yet.

Across from the Stadium and the Arena (where the NHL Coyotes play) there is a HUGE Cabelas Store. It is worth the trip across Glendale Avenue.

Parking has always been free at the Westgate Center, but starting tomorrow, they are charging $10.00.

To get to the Vine, from Westgate Center, it will take about 20-30 minutes, depending on time of day. But, it is almost ALL freeway.

My poor little thread has been consumed and merged. :(

I arrive Saturday afternoon. Would the vine be a good place to hang out that night?

Re: Announcements & advice for those heading to AZ

Triumph, got an answer for you:

There is an area right next to the stadium called the Westgate Center. It is brand new. It is a good place to walk around, with lots of shops and a few clubs, including the just opened Margaritaville.

Of course, on Thursday BEFORE THE GAME, THE PLACE TO BE WILL BE THE VINE IN CENTRAL PHOENIX! ;)

Hope this helps.

Thanks PS23

Ill be at the Vine.

Re: Announcements & advice for those heading to AZ (Merged X 2)

If you win the lottery you can check ot one of these parties. I read at the playboy party, they are flying girls in to mingle with you. www.superbowlpartyhq.com

Re: Announcements & advice for those heading to AZ (Merged X 2)

If you win the lottery you can check ot one of these parties. I read at the playboy party, they are flying girls in to mingle with you. www.superbowlpartyhq.com

Just like in Apocalypse Now?

I arrive Saturday afternoon. Would the vine be a good place to hang out that night?

Yes PJ, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Your thread had fallen off page one and there was good information contained in it.So I merged it with the sticky thread,so others could see the info.

I must admit it kinda made a mess of both of the treads.

Sorry, I was just trying to be helpful, like the government.And we got the same results as when the government tries to be helpful.:cool:

The Vine is always a good place to hang out. Even though there won't be anything "official" at the Vine on Saturday night, I am sure there will be some people there, and some things happening.

Yes PJ, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Your thread had fallen off page one and there was good information contained in it.So I merged it with the sticky thread,so others could see the info.

I must admit it kinda made a mess of both of the treads.

Sorry, I was just trying to be helpful, like the government.And we got the same results as when the government tries to be helpful.:cool:

Oh puleeeze, it's no problem! :D

My father just told me about some WEEI block party in Scottsdale on Saturday. Anyone know the deal with that? Besides the fact that it will contain fat, smug, radio commentators?

The Vine is always a good place to hang out. Even though there won't be anything "official" at the Vine on Saturday night, I am sure there will be some people there, and some things happening.

Thanks. I really am tempted to check it out.

Re: Super Bowl Party Thread

Here's the link to the evening Craftsman Court Party on Friday and Saturday night.
http://scottsdalesultimateblockparty.com/cl_party.html

It's actually only $30 with the code plus TM fees.

This is one of the lower priced events around town though there are a couple of free events going on.

Here's the link for the Scottsdale Block Party from earlier in this same thread - yeah too many threads were combined for this to be very useful anymore. Oh well.

Super Bowl parking situation?

So I'm heading down to the game ... was curious if any AZ locals could clue me in on the parking situation.

I've seen stadium preferred parking passes on eBay going for like $60-120.

Is it worth buying one? Or should there be plenty of parking in private lots?

Re: Super Bowl parking situation?

So I'm heading down to the game ... was curious if any AZ locals could clue me in on the parking situation.

I've seen stadium preferred parking passes on eBay going for like $60-120.

Is it worth buying one? Or should there be plenty of parking in private lots?

Answer: There are, virtually, NO private lots. The stadium is in the middle of a pile of cow farms.

That's what I did. I'm going to be in the White lot. Seems a bit racist.

No kidding. How convenient that they let the white lot park closest to the stadium. ;)

That's not racist. Some of my best friends are white parking lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe