PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Announcements & advice for those heading to AZ (Mergedx4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who is going to the big game???

Stick with that 3.5 hour thing on super sunday and you'll be happy to get there in the second quarter.

That drive sucks. Been there. Done that. Not 3.5 hours.

Plus, one issue on that road and you're toast for hours. Do yourself a favor and leave early on Sunday.

Thanks for the heads up. Ya, gonna leave vegas around 8AM, which I believe is 9AM phoenix time. That should give us 7 hours to get in our seats for kickoff so i think we will be alright.

BTW, question for anyone who lives in Arizona or is familiar with the area. How far is the Hampton Inn in Peoria, AZ from the stadium? I have to go to that hotel sunday to pickup the super bowl tickets from a StubHub represenative. Is it on the way from my vegas to phoenix drive or out of the way? Just wondering how much added time that is going to add onto the 4 and half to 5 hour drive you guys have told me it will take from vegas to phoenix. Thanks.

I may have an extra Parking Pass - In what is called WEST BLUE lot... I have it in hand. It may be extra because a pass comes with the Touchdown Club pre game NFL party we are going too.

If anyone interested..PM, me.

Also, we are staying in Tempe Saturday night - need to get to Stadium by 11:30. ANy clue on how much time we should allow and short cuts or best route??

Thanks

Hey guys, just an FYI, if you're going to AZ for the game. Here's info for the Patriots Fan Club of Arizona. Have a blast - wish I could go:

The Vine, at 28th Street and Indian School Road, in Phoenix, is the place for Pats fans to be for the Thursday night FREE Bash, and the Super Bowl Game Day Party, also FREE.

The Vine is extending their property, as they did for the previous Super Bowl, with outdoor seating, fenced in, table, chairs, barbecue grill, outdoor bar, large screen TV's and a DJ, and more.

There is room for thousands of Pats fans, inside and out, and it is the best place, in Phoenix, for Pats fans and is the home of the largest Patriot Fan Club in the nation, the New England Patriots Fan Club Of Arizona, founded in 1997 by the infamous NEM. So, you not only get to meet thousands of Pats fans, you get to meet NEM, and the COORS GIRLS, THE BUD GIRLS, other media guests and Patriot personnel, etc.... and lots of great Pats stuff on sale at super prices....

THE VINE IS THE ONE, AND ONLY PLACE FOR PATS FANS DURING SUPER BOWL WEEK.

BIG BASH ON THURSDAY NIGHT, 7- closing

Big Super Bowl Party, 12 noon till it's over on Sunday, and just drop in if you want to, Friday and Saturday.

More info as it is put up at

http://www.nepfca.com

Email at [email protected]

Re: Advice for buying SB XLII tickets

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion going on here about buying Super Bowl tickets. Prices are falling off quite about this week. I think the lowest price tickets were in the $3,200 range on Sunday and now you can get in (nose bleed) for under $2,500.

Does anythink it will continue to fall further? What do you think the floor might be?

Does anyone recall how it fluctuated in past years? Do prices always rise in the last couple of days before the game or do they sometimes drop? I know the past is no indicator of what will happen this year but it might help us guess at what might happen.

I've been checking ninjatickets.com which looks at stubhub, ticketsnow, tixsparx and razor gator. Where are you guys checking prices?

This is sad, here i am a mere hours drive from glendale and a superbowl showing and the ticket prices are so... high.... maybe it's because i've never researched the ticket prices before but they seem outrageously expensive... for 2,500 you can go to 3 big time UFC events and sit with Chuck liddell in the front row IIRC.

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion going on here about buying Super Bowl tickets. Prices are falling off quite about this week. I think the lowest price tickets were in the $3,200 range on Sunday and now you can get in (nose bleed) for under $2,500.

Does anythink it will continue to fall further? What do you think the floor might be?

Does anyone recall how it fluctuated in past years? Do prices always rise in the last couple of days before the game or do they sometimes drop? I know the past is no indicator of what will happen this year but it might help us guess at what might happen.

I've been checking ninjatickets.com which looks at stubhub, ticketsnow, tixsparx and razor gator. Where are you guys checking prices?

The supply right now is extraordinary. There are hundreds of tickets on ebay and more being added each day.

Ticket markets are fickle things, and I have no special expertise, but the prices have dropped nearly $1,000 in 3 days per ticket. It's hard for me to believe that this is going to start moving in the other direction any time soon.

As always, you pay a premium for dealing with someone reputable for Super Bowl tickets. But I don't think $1500 or so is out of the question by game day. It's all guessing of course, but the market seems flooded with tickets right now. I think the $700 face value is causing people who paid face to want to sell sell sell.

Could be that people were expecting a Packers vs Pats showdown and ran up the prices a little...

Even at face value, the tickets are pretty expensive - $ 700 ?

Announcements & advice for those heading to AZ

This is a thread to collect the useful posts on event info for those lucky #&*@s going to the game. :) I'll start it off with some previously posted announcements. Feel free to ad more posts of service to your fellow patsfans.

Re: Announcements & advice for those heading to AZ

From PatsFaninAZ: Cardinal Stadium Super Bowl Advice

For anyone looking at/thinking about tickets, I go to many games at Cardinals stadium, so here's some info.

In the upper level, you need to understand what the "ring of honor" is. It is a ring of seats right at the bottom of the upper level. They are actually below the concourse, right above the luxury boxes. They are great seats. They are between 2 and 5 rows and the rows are LETTERS. Above the ring of honor are the upper level terrace sections. You go up stairs to these. These start with row NUMBERS. So, don't think that row "2" is the second row in the section. It's the second row in the part of the section above the ring of honor. Be a bit cautious of the first three rows or so in the upper level sections -- they have railings and stairs that can be partially obstructive.

There are no bad sight lines in the stadium, but the point is that there is not a huge difference between row 1 in the upper level and row 10. But there is a big difference between row, say, "B" in that section and the other rows. Anyway, someone telling you that row "1" in the 400 level is something super special is doing a bit of creative marketing. Row "A" in the 400 level is something special and better than many lower level seats.

Also, the seating chart that you see for the cardinals is NOT the seating chart for the superbowl in one important respect. For big games, like the super bowl and fiesta bowl, they put in massive temporary risers in the open side of the stadium. So, during the regular year, sections 138 to 144 are small sections behind the end zone. During the super bowl, they have about 60 rows in them. The tops of these sections, while technically "lower level" are very far back and high up. These are some of the most common tickets available on ebay and stuff -- they are tickets that go to Cardinals season ticket holders who won the lottery and NFL lottery winners. In my view, the sight lines from the rows in these sections above 45 or so are not as good as seats in the upper levels anywhere from the corners around.

Finally, DO NOT buy parking passes from scalpers yet. Parking passes are still available from the host committee for face value. (Still pretty expensive -- about $75 with shipping) but at least you know it's legit and you don't have to deal with a scalper. The blue west lot is a bit easier to get in and out. Probably about a 10 minute walk to the stadium. Not having a parking pass will be a real drag. There is no paid parking on the day of the game.

From patsox23: Patriots hotel, Party at The Vine...

This is the first update on club events scheduled for Super Bowl Week, which begins on Sunday, January 27th thru Super Bowl Sunday on February 3rd.

First though, here is team info.

The Patriots are scheduled to arrive in the valley on Sunday, January 27th.

They will be staying at the Kierland Resort,the same hotel they stayed at when they last came here , to play the Cardinals.

The Patriots will have practice sessions at ASU, and I don't believe that there will be any access for fans.

Now, here are some club events.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 29th

There will be a crew at THE VINE from WBZ-TV, Channel 4 in Boston to do a video on the club and they want to have a lot of Pats fans there, in Pats gear, for the video which will appear on Boston television.

SO if you can get to the Vine, it is scheduled for Tuesday, January 29th, between 5-5:30 PM.

ALL PATS FANS ARE WELCOME... COME ON DOWN.

THURSDAY, JANUARY 31st

The Official "Blue Collar Patriot Fan Super Bowl Pre Game Bash" will be held at the Vine on Thursday Evening, January 31st beginning at 7PM until "whenever."

The Vine will be extending the property into the parking lot with chain link fencing, outdoor seating, tables, bar, grill and TV's, and there will be a great Disc Jockey on hand for musical entertainment.

Videos of Patriot 2007 success will be played on the TV screens.

We can't name names at this time, but we are expecting some guests from the Patriots, some Boston media, possibly some forum Patriot Alumni Players, and the COORS GIRLS and the BUD GIRLS.

Admission is FREE, and there is NO cover charge. All Pats fans, members or not, are welcome. We are expecting Patriot fans from all over the country, and out of the country to converge on the Vine. DON'T MISS IT.

While there will be Super Bowl parties all across the valley during the week, you would pay anywhere from $200 to $1,000 or more with the hopes of, maybe, seeing a celebrity or former sports star....at the VINE, you will have a ball with real fans, and some great guests that actually will talk to you, and who will be able to name at least three players on the Patriots, which I doubt any of those other celebrities can do.

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST AND SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND

Unofficial get togethers at the Vine. Just drop in, see who might be there, say hello and maybe have a quick bite, or drink. There are bound to be a lot of Pats fans coming in and out, and maybe some unexpected personalities, too.

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd

What may be the biggest Fan Super Bowl Party in the valley, the Vine will, once more, have the area extended with the fencing, and with the addition of the outdoor area will be able to accommodate thousands of Pats fans. There will be Pats items for sale, and lots of other great things going on, including some give aways, etc.

IF YOU ARE A PATRIOT FAN THAT LIVES IN THE VALLEY, OR VISITING THE VALLEY, AND DON'T HAVE A TICKET TO THE GAME, THE VINE IS THE PLACE TO BE FOR SUPER BOWL SUNDAY. DON'T MISS IT.

Doors will open at approximately 10AM. Kickoff for the game is 4PM, Arizona Time.

Check our website for updates.

www.nepfca.com

Media night @ the Vine

From patsox23: Media Day At The Vine...

Next Tuesday, January 29th, is media day at the Glendale Stadium where the media will meet, and greet, the teams.

It is also, shaping up as a media day for the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FAN CLUB OF ARIZONA.

WBZ-TV, and perhaps WPIR-TV, and others, will be at THE VINE to interview,and tape, features on the club.

In addition, representatives from Patriots Football Weekly, along with some guests, alumni players, etc, have indicated that they are going to try to make it, too.

I just want to let any Pats fans that may be arriving here, in Phoenix, early, that they too are welcome to come down and enjoy the media evening.

It is scheduled for 5:30 PM on Tuesday, January 29th at the VINE on 28th Street and Indian School Road in Phoenix.

Re: Media night @ the Vine

Don't forget - THE PATRIOTS CHEERLEADERS will be making an appearance at the Vine, as well!

Blogs about the events going on in Arizona for the Super Bowl

http://www.azsuperbowlblog.com/

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/bowledover08

This group/club is for Pats fans going to road games which of course includes the Super Bowl which has lots of info and the opportunity to connect with other Pats fans while in town or help answer questions among each other. Plenty of great information has already been posted.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/PatsTG/

Family Friendly Events:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/superbowl/ent/articles/0123supermoms-ON-CR.html

Comcast Sports Kick-Off Party (w/Roosevelt Colvin)
Friday, 2/1 noon – 4pm
$50 (available at the door) benefiting Easter Seals Massachusetts
http://newengland.comcastsportsnet.com/kickoffparty.jsp

Saturday, 2/2 WEEI is having their Super Saturday party at Craftsman Court in Scottsdale from 11am - 5pm. The cost of this ticket is $200 in advance and $250 on the day of the event which does not include food or drink.
http://store.entercomboston.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=WEEI_SS_2008

Just some of the great info you'll find at the Patriots Tailgate Yahoo Group (link in my sig)

CLARIFICATION: There's been a bit of confusion as to when the Vine opens on Super Bowl Sunday. Here is the deal:

The Vine is actually opening at 9AM on Sunday, but it will mostly be for club workers...but anyone can still come. We previously put noon, assuming not too many people will want to hang around that long, but for the most part, they can come anytime they want after 9AM. I expect, however, that it's smarter to wait until at least 10 or 11 AM.

Thanks!

Is there a central location near the sradium where you can walk bar to bar?

In Houston they had a psuedo Bourbon Street where the majority of fans would party every night.

I'll find out for you and post here. Check in later.

The various events being held FOR PATRIOTS FANS at the local NEP Fan Club in Arizona are CERTAINLY (and clearly) relevant to people on this board who are going to the game, and I would hope pertinence and good sense trumps long-held resentments and silly power-trips.

HOWEVER, if for some insane reason this information gets taken down, please contact me either via PM or at [email protected] and/or go to the political forum where it will most certainly be, and I believe is currently, posted. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back