PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

an interesting new thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that the topic of discussion at the coffee house today? Grab another latte.

You find your answers quick when faced with death my man...everything else is just dressing. I drink a lot of java, but no latte & no coffee house...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
Step up to the plate, son. You're up.

What, you want to compare education, job, size of crank? It was lame when you posted it before and it's still lame. You're embarrassed for BB's actions. I am embarrassed for your lame posts. PatriotsReign schooled you and I really don't have the time or inclination to get in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Peace.

What, you want to compare education, job, size of crank? It was lame when you posted it before and it's still lame. You're embarrassed for BB's actions. I am embarrassed for your lame posts. PatriotsReign schooled you and I really don't have the time or inclination to get in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Peace.

If "schooling" is name-calling, hypocritical remarks and blind devotion to a man that he's never met, then I guess he did.

Was that the topic of discussion at the coffee house today? Grab another latte.

You find your answers quick when faced with death my man...everything else is just dressing. I drink a lot of java, but no latte & no coffee house...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Good lord, you're even smug about going through a near-death experience.

What was smug about that? It was 19 years ago bud...life goes on. It changed my perspective on everything, but I'm no saint.

So richpats,

I quoted quite a bit of info on page 2 regarding what goes on in the league behind the scenes from some pretty impressive names, and yet you have chosen to completely ignore that only to divert the attention to a name calling argument with another poster.

I'd like you to name me one single, successful NFL coach who rose to the top of the game that DOESN'T have a little grey area in his methods.

What was smug about that? It was 19 years ago bud...life goes on. It changed my perspective on everything, but I'm no saint.

Smug that going through near-death gives you "answers". I've been through things that have given me "answers", it's called LIFE. I didn't need a wake-up call to realize what's important.

So richpats,

I quoted quite a bit of info on page 2 regarding what goes on in the league behind the scenes from some pretty impressive names, and yet you have chosen to completely ignore that only to divert the attention to a name calling argument with another poster.

I'd like you to name me one single, successful NFL coach who rose to the top of the game that DOESN'T have a little grey area in his methods.

Finger pointing is for the weak. If a cop pulled me over for going 56 in a 55, I could complain that "everyone does it", "I'm being singled out" and "it's not a big advantage" - but when it comes down to it, did I break the rules or not?

Tell me about Dungy's "grey area".

Finger pointing is for the weak. If a cop pulled me over for going 56 in a 55, I could complain that "everyone does it", "I'm being singled out" and "it's not a big advantage" - but when it comes down to it, did I break the rules or not?

Tell me about Dungy being a great coach.

'Grey area' personally or professionally?

Tell me about Dungy being a great coach.

'Grey area' personally or professionally?

Dungy has a SB championship, 5 straight division titles, and has resurrected 2 struggling franchises. He IS a great coach. Belichick doesn't have an exclusive right to the title of "great coach".

Tell me about Dungy's professional "grey area" in which he has broken rules.

You're example is of breaking the law, it does not compare.

Why does no one care that Denver got a Superbowl by actually breaking a rule that all teams have to be accountable to?

If you get down to the bare bones of what went on, BB circumvented a rule regarding camera placement.
When exactly was that rule put in place?

It's also pointed out that numerous HOF coaches have done things similar, but that is chosen to be ignored.

Dungy has a SB championship, 5 straight division titles, and has resurrected 2 struggling franchises. He IS a great coach. Belichick doesn't have an exclusive right to the title of "great coach".

Tell me about Dungy's professional "grey area" in which he has broken rules.

Rules are broken every time a flag is thrown, but nice try adding in the other criteria at the end.

Dungy currently has on his staff Howard Mudd, who Jimmy Johnson calls the best in the league at stealing & interpreting signals.

Dungy basically throws football games at the end of his team's season regardless of their playoff implications. And by 'throw', I mean he does not make the best effort to win the game.

You're example is of breaking the law, it does not compare.

Wow, you're devotion is blind.

Why does no one care that Denver got a Superbowl by actually breaking a rule that all teams have to be accountable to?

Keep pointing the finger

If you get down to the bare bones of what went on, BB circumvented a rule regarding camera placement.
When exactly was that rule put in place?

He broke the rule he knew was in place on September 9th. Get over it.

It's also pointed out that numerous HOF coaches have done things similar, but that is chosen to be ignored.

So what if they did? What point are you trying to make? That it's ok to break the rules because others do it? Football success is dependent on outspying the other team? Belichick is just following the tradition of other great coaches? Coaches SHOULD spy if they want to win?

Rules are broken every time a flag is thrown, but nice try adding in the other criteria at the end.

Dungy currently has on his staff Howard Mudd, who Jimmy Johnson calls the best in the league at stealing & interpreting signals.

Dungy basically throws football games at the end of his team's season regardless of their playoff implications. And by 'throw', I mean he does not make the best effort to win the game.

Yeah, and it's legal for Mudd to do what he does. And Dungy did nothing worse than what Belichick did in Week 17 of 2005.

You can't come up with a "rule" that Dungy has broken, can you?

In this world, the only crime is getting caught.

Last edited:
Wow, you're devotion is blind.
You sound like someone who believes Congressional hearings should investigate the matter.

Keep pointing the finger
Just using my finger to point out the double standard. WHich do you think has a bigger influence on competitive balance? Improper camera location, or ignorance of the salary cap?

Right, but the media is trying to make it out like he's been breaking the rules forever. When was the rule put in place?

So what if they did? What point are you trying to make? That it's ok to break the rules because others do it? Football success is dependent on outspying the other team? Belichick is just following the tradition of other great coaches? Coaches SHOULD spy if they want to win?
First of all, like others have said, the rule was not as clear cut as it should have been, hence the reason for the memo that circulated prior to the season starting.

Football success is dependent on competitive advantage, and that all successful teams have pushed the envelope in this manner. Placement of a camera is not as big of a deal as it's been made out by the media in this case, but ignored in all others.

Coaches should continue to do what they can to push the limits if their goal is to win. If they're content to be perennial chokers, losers, underachievers, etc. then by all means go on about your way.

But again, look at the violation and really ask yourself if it's such a big deal and deserving of the coverage/attention it's getting.

Yeah, and it's legal for Mudd to do what he does. And Dungy did nothing worse than what Belichick did in Week 17 of 2005.

You can't come up with a "rule" that Dungy has broken, can you?

In this world, the only crime is getting caught.

Read the full Jimmy Johnson quote. He says that not only did he use tape when he was a coach, but he called Mudd the best at doing it.
He didn't say that Mudd sat there and did it all with pen & paper.

Read the full Jimmy Johnson quote. He says that not only did he use tape when he was a coach, but he called Mudd the best at doing it.
He didn't say that Mudd sat there and did it all with pen & paper.

Good for Mudd - how many draft choices did the Colts lose after being punished for spying, BTW?

One of these possibilities must be true:

1.) Belichick is among the stupidest spies in the annals of mankind

2.) Belichick is so arrogant that he felt he could thumb his nose at the rulebook for years and nobody would dare call him on it

3.) Belichick read a memo open to interpretation and interpreted it differently than the Commissioner ended up doing

When you realize that the most likely scenario is #3, hopefully you'll rejoin the world of the rational and come in off the ledge.

But again, look at the violation and really ask yourself if it's such a big deal and deserving of the coverage/attention it's getting.

It's not a big deal, but Belichick is the root cause of the mess it has become. Even if he truly believed that he found a way to circumvent the rule, he took a risk and he knows it.

Good for Mudd - how many draft choices did the Colts lose after being punished for spying, BTW?

Which brings me to the point of when did the rule go into effect?
The ambiguous, poorly written rule in question

These tactics have been going on in the NFL for a long time, but somehow the media would have the sheep believe that BB is the first, last, & only coach to ever act in such a way.

Hell, Don Shula, circumventer of the QB-coach comm rules even suggested an *.

Mark Schlereth, he of the salary cap evading Broncos, acts like BB is the devil.

Go back to being embarrassed, and see if you can pick up some Colt's gear cheap. I hear there's a gay bashing version of 'Quiet Strength' available.
Or maybe a #18 jersey, replete with 'How to avoid sexual assault charges for Dummies' DVD as an added bonus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back