PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

an interesting new thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical changing my words around - when I ask how much you make as a FAN, I'm asking how much you make from being a FAN, which is the same as me....NOTHING. You got on a pedestal about being a superior fan and I thought I'd offer a little perspective to you, and you chose not to take it.

And hardships come in other forms than near-death experiences, just to let you know.

"I" got on a pedestal? Oh really? This was your exact comment;

So how much do you make as a FAN, after taxes? Since you obviously haven't finished school or had a job, you can't really define yourself OTHER than being a fan, fanatic, whatever.

You basically attempted to imply I was a loser and my entire life centered around being a fan of the Patriots. For the life of me, I don't understand why you insist on embaressing yourself...but then again, you're embaressed easily.

I strongly suggest you re-read your comment and consider who was trying to be superior.:rolleyes:

"I" got on a pedestal? Oh really? This was your exact comment;

You basically attempted to imply I was a loser and my entire life centered around being a fan of the Patriots. For the life of me, I don't understand why you insist on embaressing yourself...but then again, you're embaressed easily.

I strongly suggest you re-read your comment and consider who was trying to be superior.:rolleyes:

You come off as a hyper-sensitive Patriots fanatic that doesn't really have anything else going for you, hence why you try to bully other Pats fans who are supposed "phonies" as you put it.

Congrats, you are the only "real" Pats fan and everybody else is in your shadow :rolleyes:

You come off as a hyper-sensitive Patriots fanatic that doesn't really have anything else going for you, hence why you try to bully other Pats fans who are supposed "phonies" as you put it.

Congrats, you are the only "real" Pats fan and everybody else is in your shadow :rolleyes:

No bud, I left hyper-sensitivity behind when I was given a second chance at living. Now, nothing is a big deal & certainly not you or your (lack of) Patriot fandom.

I am just one of the thousands of true Patriots fans. Maybe you haven't noticed, but not many have agreed with your perspective. So I am certainly not the only "real" Pats fan.

Hyper-sensitivity is typically reflected in the level of emotional response. You have clearly responded more emotionally than I my friend. Or do I need to remind you of your comment;

"Since you obviously haven't finished school or had a job, you can't really define yourself OTHER than being a fan, fanatic, whatever."

Or do I need to remind you of your comment;

"Since you obviously haven't finished school or had a job, you can't really define yourself OTHER than being a fan, fanatic, whatever."

I seem to remember someone going off the handle when I reminded him about image and how it does matter - oh yeah, it was you.

I seem to remember someone going off the handle when I reminded him about image and how it does matter - oh yeah, it was you.

You're lying. Show me your exact comment to me and how image does matter.

I do recall telling you how image is only important to phonies just as having class is important to only those who have no class. Which is similar to those people who claim to have class when by making that statement, can't possilby have any class.

Like the story of the young man who worked hard for years on his image only to realize it was all "Imagined" and when he looked in the mirror, he couldn't see the image he had worked so hard for, all he saw was who he was. So, by working hard on his image, he felt he had become a phony.

I can assure you with absolute certainty, real Patriots fans only care about supporting the Patriots no matter what other fans think. As a matter of fact, the more other fans dislike us, the more we support our team. If we based our support on what others thought of the Patriots (Image) we'd all be walking away from them right about now...and THAT would make us LOSERS.

Last edited:
You're lying. Show me your exact comment to me and how image does matter.

Oh, what - this? (note the sarcasm)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=800114&postcount=111

Yeah, that's why people wear sweats to job interviews and don't comb their hair before a first date- because image really means nothing.

Followed by gems like this:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=801295&postcount=21

Just go to the barber and then pick up your perfectly pressed shirts at the cleaners.:D

You may start your backpedal right .....about......NOW.

Last edited:

You've got to be kidding me richpats!! You actually used a quote from a DIFFERENT thread. So I was right, you never said anything about the importance of image to me in this thread. Hell, I never even read your reply in another thread.

Here's a hint...when you have a conversation with another member in a thread, only the conversation IN THAT THREAD is relevant.

You have already killed your image as a member of this board, so go ahead, keep replying back to me and bury yourself further...it's your funeral!:D

I read this in a previous thread:

"You are further proving your own ignorance. HAVE YOU READ THE FREAKIN' RULE? I have, and BB's interpretation is entirely plausible. In the league's Constitution & Bylaws, it reads: "Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game."

Now, don't sit there and try to tell me that the rule is not open to being interpreted as: prohibiting videotaping applied to use during the game in which the video is shot.

Does this mean that the patriots *first* mistake was not to bring to bring this quarrel to binding arbitration?

Is it a further mistake to not take that approach now that trying to be a "good corporate citizen" has had disasterous results for them?

Why not go on the offence?

In 2006, the ambiguity was cleared up in a memo from the league. Belichick ignored that memo. That is why we are in this mess.

In 2006, the ambiguity was cleared up in a memo from the league. Belichick ignored that memo. That is why we are in this mess.

And that's ok...:cool: Pats fans have been awesome in there continued 100% support of BB! That's why Pats fans are the best!

Thank you...thank you very much.;)

Last edited:
You've got to be kidding me richpats!! You actually used a quote from a DIFFERENT thread. So I was right, you never said anything about the importance of image to me in this thread. Hell, I never even read your reply in another thread.

Here's a hint...when you have a conversation with another member in a thread, only the conversation IN THAT THREAD is relevant.

You have already killed your image as a member of this board, so go ahead, keep replying back to me and bury yourself further...it's your funeral!:D

But I never said anything about saying it in THIS thread, did I?

You are wrong, as usual. You just try to "move the goalposts" to cover up for your silly comments.

Keep fighting, though - it's your ass that's getting kicked on this thread.

BTW, when did "image" start to matter to you anyway? The hypocrisy continues....

Last edited:

So this is all because Belichick doesn't read memos? Uh, that's hard to believe unless Belichick made a serious mistake.

But I never said anything about saying it in THIS thread, did I?

You are wrong, as usual. You just try to "move the goalposts" to cover up for your silly comments.

Keep fighting, though - it's your ass that's getting kicked on this thread.

BTW, when did "image" start to matter to you anyway? The hypocrisy continues....

I guarantee you that you lost our debate sometime yesterday. A few other posters have already declared YOU the loser. But I guess if you want to be your own judge....:rolleyes:

EVERYTHING about our debate in this thread has to do with comments found only in this thread. Comments in other threads are irrelevant my friend.

Remember, our debate is that I say Patriot fans don't care about image and we support our coach as much as ever, if not more than ever.

Prove me wrong on that or you lose.

Last edited:
I guarantee you that you lost our debate sometime yesterday. A few other posters have already declared YOU the loser. But I guess if you want to be your own judge....:rolleyes:

EVERYTHING about our debate in this thread has to do with comments found only in this thread. Comments in other threads are irrelevant my friend.

We're done kid.

Yeah, because that's why we post on the board - to "win" threads :rolleyes:

I think you take these messageboard battles a little too seriously.

And we're not done. You will break your word AGAIN and find some other lame excuse to continue your futile battle.

EDIT: Hahaha! I was right! You changed your original post because you knew you couldn't keep your own word!

Yeah, sure, I'll contact the millions of Pats fans to get their take :rolleyes: God what a loser you are.

Last edited:
Yeah, because that's why we post on the board - to "win" threads :rolleyes:

I think you take these messageboard battles a little too seriously.

And we're not done. You will break your word AGAIN and find some other lame excuse to continue your futile battle.

EDIT: Hahaha! I was right! You changed your original post because you knew you couldn't keep your own word!

Yeah, sure, I'll contact the millions of Pats fans to get their take :rolleyes: God what a loser you are.

Thank you...thank you very much!

And remember, I am...

PatriotsReign:cool:

So this is all because Belichick doesn't read memos? Uh, that's hard to believe unless Belichick made a serious mistake.

Good explanation below:
http://thesportslawprofessor.blogspot.com/2007/09/bill-belichicks-interpretation.html

7. Now here's the rub: the NFL, apparently just before the season began, sent a memo from Executive Vice President of Football Operations Ray Anderson to the teams that "reminded" them that, “videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.” Here's where all the overheated commentators get their "prohibition" idea, and conclude that Belichick violated a clear prohibition and thus is a cheater making up lame excuses about misinterpretation. Not so fast, please.

8. First, just what is the effect or significance of a memo from a league vice president? I can't find out, but I would imagine the NFL employs quite a few people who have the title of vice president. Does a memo from a league VP have the effect of law? Is it equivalent in significance to the NFL's "Game Operations Manual" quoted above? Can the NFL, through some memo from a VP, simply amend the Manual just like that? No committees, no notice, no deliberations: just a memo that adds words and gives the rule a particular meaning, and it's done? Can a memo create a new rule that is instantly binding on all teams?

When you say "this is all because...," I assume you are referring to the absurd misrepresentations, exaggerations and even fabrications of facts that have been thrown around by most of the media around Spygate. The answer there is "No," I believe that nearly all of that was all due to the jealousy of and bias against the Patriots harbored by many in the media because of the team's success, fueled by jealous players, managers and owners of other teams, not to mention by Talk Radio callers whose brains are, for the most part, pickled in beer.

Regarding whether "...Belichick made a serious mistake," I don't think there is any rational answer other than, "Yes, he did" when that phrase is applied to what happened in the Jets' game last September.

Before 2006, the rule, as I read it and as the OP has it, could reasonably be interpreted to mean exactly what Belichick says he thought it meant.

However, in 2006, the NFL circulated a Memo that made it very clear that the prohibition against such taping was absolute. By taping the Jets' signals early in 2007, Belichick disregarded that memo and the result has been at best awful for the Patriots.

Yes, Bill Belichick made a serious mistake and misjudgment in September of last year. Like all true Pats fans, I have stood by him despite that mistake, accepting it as an error in judgment, which is far outweighed by the success he has brought to the franchise and the joy he has brought to us fans. But, it was a mistake and without it the team would not be in this mess today.

Last edited:
Yes, Bill Belichick made a serious mistake and misjudgment in September of last year. Like all true Pats fans, I have stood by him despite that mistake, accepting it as an error in judgment, which is far outweighed by the success he has brought to the franchise and the joy he has brought to us fans. But, it was a mistake and without it the team would not be in this mess today.

I'm with you on that. Just think, 5 months ago the Patriots were just a successful franchise. Now they are an Evil Empire. Ah, the good ol' days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes