PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola Peaking at the Right Time With the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Amendola has ever really played badly. He just hasn't been utilised as much as he could have.

i agree, he was awesome on saturday and i think he could be a factor also against Indy

bravo Danny, well done ;)

3rd and 6 with 7 min left..

DA comes up with the HUGE effort for the first..he would have been short by about 2 yards had he been tackled where he was. Besides the JE pass..this may have also been play of the game or a HUGE play. They probably would have went for it on 4th based on where they were on the field as the FG would have been just unreachable IMO

He really has come on as of late and i have very happy to see it. Fighting for his position on this team next year

I forgot about this play! It was certainly pretty crucial.

DA comes up with the HUGE effort for the first..he would have been short by about 2 yards had he been tackled where he was. Besides the JE pass..this may have also been play of the game or a HUGE play. They probably would have went for it on 4th based on where they were on the field as the FG would have been just unreachable IMO

He really has come on as of late and i have very happy to see it. Fighting for his position on this team next year
Yeah that is a play that hasn't gotten much attention. Great effort and kept the drive rolling.

Ya huge play probably 4 down territory at that point in the game but Danny broke the tackle and moved the chains for us. I've been critical of him, but he balled the **** out on Saturday.

I think DA knows hes probably not going to be here next year and is lighting it up in order to get signed by someone once hes cut.

I thought this was his biggest play because the first defender had him cold and he broke a tackle from a bigger stronger player to get to the next defender who did shove him out but not before he struggled for every inch of forward progress, reaching out as he crossed the sideline just in front of the first down marker. Goes in the books as a little first down pass but much tougher play than the long TD.

I think DA knows hes probably not going to be here next year and is lighting it up in order to get signed by someone once hes cut.
I think he will be here. Bill likes him.

I thought this was his biggest play because the first defender had him cold and he broke a tackle from a bigger stronger player to get to the next defender who did shove him out but not before he struggled for every inch of forward progress, reaching out as he crossed the sideline just in front of the first down marker. Goes in the books as a little first down pass but much tougher play than the long TD.

Ravens secondary really can't tackle as this play proves it..but DA really gave the 110% effort...such a huge play

But he should be back. He got seriously hurt out of the chute last year, had surgery, and it took him 'til mid-season this year (when he started returning kicks) to get back on his game. I want to see this entire WR group back next year, perhaps minus Tyms, with a healthy Dobson.

But he should be back. He got seriously hurt out of the chute last year, had surgery, and it took him 'til mid-season this year (when he started returning kicks) to get back on his game. I want to see this entire WR group back next year, perhaps minus Tyms, with a healthy Dobson.
The question is NOT whether we (or Bill) wants Amendola back. IMHO, the question is whether the team will demand a deep pay cut from his contracted $4.4M of new money. As always, the team will say that they wanted DA to return.

The question is NOT whether we (or Bill) wants Amendola back. IMHO, the question is whether the team will demand a deep pay cut from his contracted $4.4M of new money. As always, the team will say that they wanted DA to return.
Well, isn't that obvious?

The question among posters here seems to be whether Amendola's performance alone warrants his return. I think it does.

I'd love to have him back he balled out for us the past few weeks. Making guys miss tackles and getting extra yards both games vs the Jets and a playoff game are when he decides to turn up. I love players who step up when it really matters.

Well, isn't that obvious?

The question among posters here seems to be whether Amendola's performance alone warrants his return. I think it does.

I think it does..but not at his price. If he doesn't renegotiate i probably wouldn't keep him especially with Mccourty and Revis needing $$. If he frees up some $$...welcome back buddy

I think it does..but not at his price. If he doesn't renegotiate i probably wouldn't keep him especially with Mccourty and Revis needing $$. If he frees up some $$...welcome back buddy

That's what I was thinking.

Re-negotiate his contract. Backload it. 3-4m/yr. My guess is he will take it.

Anyone really think someone will pay him 6m/yr on the open market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST