PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola did not choke and if Brady6 isn’t bashing him you shouldn’t either…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose so. After all, our defense is so bad that giving the opposing the team the ball SIXTY yards from the end zone is an automatic touchdown. The defense bears no responsibility at all. It is all Gostkowski's fault. And the offense bears no responsibility for scoring a total of SIX points on two 15 play drives in the first half.

This must be the Sunday or Monday night after a losses. As the article said, patriots fans are one of the worst in accepting or understanding losses. Some of also reserve these days for the worst analysis of the year.

You do realize that there can be more than one "What if?", and more than one goat, right?

Amendola didn't come down with a catch
Boyce killed multiple drives with drops
Defense blew a stop on 4th down

etc....

I suppose so. After all, our defense is so bad that giving the opposing the team the ball SIXTY yards from the end zone is an automatic touchdown. The defense bears no responsibility at all. It is all Gostkowski's fault. And the offense bears no responsibility for scoring a total of SIX points on two 15 play drives in the first half.

This must be the Sunday or Monday night after a losses. As the article said, patriots fans are one of the worst in accepting or understanding losses. Some of also reserve these days for the worst analysis of the year.

Our defense allowed 24 points, 378 total yards and 36% (4/11) third down conversions yesterday. The defense was great but it certainly was good enough to win the game especially considering it is without 3 starters and Dennard and Talib are both less than 100%.

I think people fail to recognize the fact that the Dolphins since losing to us in week 8 are 5-2. They are not a poor football team and they have a receiving core of Wallace, Hartline, Clay and Gibson; 2 good running backs Miller and Thomas; the second best QB in our division with Trannehill who is on pace for 4100+ passing yards, 62% completions, 26 touchdowns and a passer rating of 86.0+ in just his second NFL season. Trannehill is on pace for a better season than Luck, RGIII and Kaepernick, other than Russell Wilson no other QB has made the strides he has made in his second season as a starter.

Amendola is just a bad guy to try to rely on. He hasn't ever proven to be a dominant player and his injury history is just awful. I cringe every time he gets tackled thinking he is about to get carted off the field. He is going to stop getting criticized when he gets on the field for at least a full season and has a great year. That is what he was brought over to NE to do and got a nice contract. So far he has not lived up to it, but he will have a post season chance to show what he is made of.

Amendola is just a bad guy to try to rely on. He hasn't ever proven to be a dominant player and his injury history is just awful. I cringe every time he gets tackled thinking he is about to get carted off the field. He is going to stop getting criticized when he gets on the field for at least a full season and has a great year. That is what he was brought over to NE to do and got a nice contract. So far he has not lived up to it, but he will have a post season chance to show what he is made of.

But he's healthy now unlike gronk these last 3 years.

Say what you will about amendola, but his injuries have come at times when the pats could afford to lose him unlike gronk.

He didn't catch it cleanly and that's why it got knocked away. That bobble was the difference between a win and a loss. Funny how some apologists, particularly the anti-Welker crowd, are quick to defend.

The only difference between this play and the Welker play was that the defense had a chance to make a stop to win the game in the superbowl.

Isn't another difference that there was no defender trying to knock the ball away in the Welker play in the Super Bowl?

Amendola needs to talk to Edelman - they both have a similar injury bug - Edelman has been impressively durable this year.

Amendola had the game winning catch in Cleveland.

Amendola had the game winning catch in Cleveland.

Wasn't that also Amendola who withstood the huge hit to make the catch on 4th and 8 during the final drive in Miami?

Wasn't that also Amendola who withstood the huge hit to make the catch on 4th and 8 during the final drive in Miami?

That catch was one of the more impressive catches of the year in my opinion.

The blow that he took was like a freight train barreling right down the tracks.

Amendola may have had some obvious growing pains this year in his first season, but I think we can all agree that he's tough as nails. His blocking this year has been above and beyond anything I ever expected. It has been exceptional.

If he can take some shots like yesterday's 4th down reception on the final drive, along with the lay out concussion that he took in the N.Orleans game, I think you can stop cringing every time he gets tackled. He has been tremendously physical in carrying out his blocking assignments, absolutely demolishing some guys in the process. The injury to the groin would seem to be nothing more than bad luck in my opinion, but you have a reason to feel differently based on past reputation and I understand that.

As far as him having some growing pains in his first year here, I am not surprised considering the fact that we've had to battle through a lot of adversity. I think we have seen why they felt comfortable bringing in a outside free agent WR, due to his specific talents and fits in our particular system. Hopefully he will continue to do some good things, justify his contract a bit more, and grow into a nice role next year. He may not be as good as we had hoped, but there have been a lot of different variables that no one could have predicted just the same.

I always thought that a lot of those Amendola injuries were related to that Sam BUSTford overthrowing all the time and throwing to receivers in danger like Peyton.

With Brady delivering right on the money thinks get a lot easier. how many games did he lost this season? 3? It sounds just about right according to NFL standards.

He just need to protect himself like he's doing now. Not how he did against New Orleans, that was insane and if he do that again he is gonna get back to the injury prone label, more like to stupid prone. Small players can't go full speed against big guys.

Interesting to see Amendola climbing his reception total at 51 now despite his "wasted" first year here.

For what it's worth--he is averaging 5.1 receptions per game in 10 games played, and 57.9 yards per game in those 10 games. We also have to keep in mind that he's only actually started in SIX total games however.

Had he only put up the 51 receptions in one game less (9 games), he'd have been on pace to get the projected 90+ catches that many deemed possible. So, really he's still coming out at 82 catches per season if you project it out through 16 games. The kicker of course is that he probably can't be depending upon for a full 16 games just yet--if ever; although it's also impressive that he returned from a fairly serious groin injury in only 3 weeks.

Interesting to see Amendola climbing his reception total at 51 now despite his "wasted" first year here.

For what it's worth--he is averaging 5.1 receptions per game in 10 games played, and 57.9 yards per game in those 10 games. We also have to keep in mind that he's only actually started in SIX total games however.

Had he only put up the 51 receptions in one game less (9 games), he'd have been on pace to get the projected 90+ catches that many deemed possible. So, really he's still coming out at 82 catches per season if you project it out through 16 games. The kicker of course is that he probably can't be depending upon for a full 16 games just yet--if ever; although it's also impressive that he returned from a fairly serious groin injury in only 3 weeks.

I was thinking the samething DA might turn out to be more durable than the Big Guy in the long run. The saying is true its not how you start its how you finish...we can just hope that Gronk will finish a regular season one of these years.

What I've found interesting is that his numbers have been all over the place. He's had two 10 catch games, three 100 yard games, and he's also had a game with 2 catches for 0 yards, a game with 3/15 and a game with 3/17.

The reason I find that interesting is that we see the same pattern with Edelman. He's got a pair of 13 catch games and a pair of 9 catch games, and he's got a 1 catch game and a pair of 2 catch games.

I'd love to know whether it's game plan related or what Brady's seeing on the field.

What I've found interesting is that his numbers have been all over the place. He's had two 10 catch games, three 100 yard games, and he's also had a game with 2 catches for 0 yards, a game with 3/15 and a game with 3/17.

The reason I find that interesting is that we see the same pattern with Edelman. He's got a pair of 13 catch games and a pair of 9 catch games, and he's got a 1 catch game and a pair of 2 catch games.

I'd love to know whether it's game plan related or what Brady's seeing on the field.

Absolutely. I would love to know the answer to that question myself.

Sometimes I think we could throw a lot of numbers out the window for this particular 2013 season just due to weird circumstances. We have the rookie WRs, the issue with Gronk playing/not playing, the running game aspect, a bit of a lessened year for Brady, and maybe most of all--the fact that both Edelman and Amendola were playing together and splitting targets etc.

I'm not sure how much we can base the future on regarding either player's numbers, but it's a good thing to see that either player has the capacity to have bigger types of games, and nice reception totals. Another thing to consider is that between the 2 of them (assuming they play on Sunday, then Vs BUF), they played in 28/32 games for the season. Not too bad for a couple of oft-injured players, although again--not sure how much we can take into the future based on just this year.

I want to know what Brady1 thru 5 think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes