PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one who thinks we will beat the Steelers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more worried about the Dolphins away than the Steelers at home. If we beat Miami, I think are playoff chances are excellent - if we lose, I think they're poor.

Not totally unrealistic.....we could/should be 8-2.

I think Patriots win 5/6, good for 11-5 and a share of ist place, if not sloe possession.

Playoffs?? Not a team out there that scares me - so who knows.

We're down right now, but far from out.

we always hope we can beat any team but this yr which has been our quality win so far ? jets /broncos ? other than that we have lost to both potential contenders in indy and SD and now the jets.
We could/should be 8-2 applies to a lot of teams. if the jets dont screw up in oakland they could be 8-2 too. it is what it is.
Frankly right now our team is unpredictable and too beat up on defense. beating miami should be a big test first which is traditionally a very hard game in south beach . steelers are definitely another team which doesnt give up so wont be any easier. Yes we all think we can beat any team but we were also mighty confident to beat the jets

But for now, we should be wondering what the coaches are working on to prevent Ronnie Brown from scoring 5 TD's again. :eek:

Dismembering Pennington on the Jam.

we always hope we can beat any team but this yr which has been our quality win so far ? jets /broncos ? other than that we have lost to both potential contenders in indy and SD and now the jets.
We could/should be 8-2 applies to a lot of teams. if the jets dont screw up in oakland they could be 8-2 too. it is what it is.
I agree. The Colts 'should' be 2-7, but they're 5-4 and own the tiebreaker over us & Pitt for a WC spot.

Pitt & Baltimore are both ahead of us, but we have an opportunity to have a tiebreak advantage over Pitt. If we don't seize that one, I'd throw our WC hopes out the window honestly.

Denver or SD is in, the other is likely out.
Tennessee is in, and Indy is looking good with tiebreakers.
Pitt or Baltimore will be in, the loser will be playing Tie-breaker roulette with the rest of us.
Which brings us to the AFC East. Big logjam, probably a lot of series splits, and I see this one going down to week 17.

It's weird to say that this upcoming game in Miami is going to be tough. NE will see plenty of that wildcat crap early and often. They also need to cover Fasano who abused them last game. Also, the Pats O-line must contain Joey Porter. As far as Pittsburgh is concerned, I think NE can beat them but it will be intresting to see how Cassel reacts to **** Lebeau's crazy blitz schemes.

Last edited:
It's weird to say that this upcoming game in Miami is going to be tough. NE will see plenty of that wildcat crap early and often. They also need to cover Fasano who abused them last game. Also, the Pats O-line must contain Joey Porter. As far as Pittsburgh is concerned, I think NE can beat them but it will be intresting to see how Cassel reacts to **** Lebeau's crazy blitz schemes.

Every tight end in the NFL seems to abuse the Pats.

I'm more worried about the Dolphins away than the Steelers at home. If we beat Miami, I think are playoff chances are excellent - if we lose, I think they're poor.

You hit the nail on the head with this post.

Every tight end in the NFL seems to abuse the Pats.

That is the most accurate thing I have read all day.

I think we won't see such a big day from Joey Porter this time around. Our OL is playing about a billion times better than they were in that first game. Plus, Cassel now seems comfortable in the spread, which will eliminate the "throw the kitchen sink at the backup" gameplan.

Am I the only one who thinks we will beat the Steelers?

Yes

NFP has become a must read....I love how the writers actually respond to letters at the end of the articles.
Somebody tell them about spell checkers. DESIMATING? Might have had a chance of getting away with it if he hadn't capitalized it. Sorry, the rest of the article wasn't that well written either.

Given that everyone has crowned the Jets as the AFC second seed and they barely beat us, I think we have a good shot against the Steelers. The issue right now is that they're very vulnerable to the pash rush which is something that we've been a little slow on. It'll be an interesting game to see how it does.

The Steelers is a team I never fear as a Patriots fans. We always play well against them.

I know its not related but if we beat the Fish I believe we will beat the Squeelers as well. Miami has been playing well.

Somebody tell them about spell checkers. DESIMATING? Might have had a chance of getting away with it if he hadn't capitalized it. Sorry, the rest of the article wasn't that well written either.

Chad Cascadden is an ex player, not an english major - content was what is important.........

Maybe it was the horror of the offspring of this man he was referring to?

desi_arnaz.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks we need to see how we do against the Dolphins first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back