PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one not even concerning myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The basement dwellers are out in full force. Pre season games are for figuring out who the 5 or 6 guys (at lest in the Pats case) on the bubble are that will actually make the team.
Most of our roster has been set for a long time now. Injuries are the wildcard in all of this. And our QB has not played yet. Yes, what is behind Tom is not great and when he does not play, we are less of a quality team. The same can be said of the Colts, Saints, Steelers etc.
If you really think that a 16-0 team is going to suck the next year, without a significant talent tunrover (Assante aside) then you don't really know much about football or understand how our coach operates.
I'd be happy with 12-4 or 13-3 and a home playoff game or two.
I just want to be in a position at the end of the year where we have a good shot at the Superbowl. What happens in August, other than injuries, is of little consequnce.

I love watching the preseason because it gives me a chance to see the newbies mixing it up with our vets, and seeing how that might play out in the upcoming season. Not "worried" about games that are really just exercises in tutoring new players and seeing how they might best help.

I'm a little concerned about the vets on our "O" line and when that might jell back up. Brady doesn't need any more body slams!

"We're just getting ready for Kansas City"

I never watch pre-season. I don't have enough time in my life to pay attention to something that doesn't matter. Hurry the f#%k up, Sept 7th!

Last edited:
Add me to the list of people who haven't even watched an exhibition game. These games are jokes.

The problem is that those of us who are unconcerned with exhibition games also post less in the preseason than those who are currently flipping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News