PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Almost The Same OL, Except For Much, Much Better Coaching

They need a starting tackle for 2023, and they need two starting tackles for 2024 (Brown is likely gone). They may be able to get by this year with who they have and better coaching, but if they want Mac to succeed, the tackle room needs an injection of talent.

They need a starting tackle for 2023, and they need two starting tackles for 2024 (Brown is likely gone). They may be able to get by this year with who they have and better coaching, but if they want Mac to succeed, the tackle room needs an injection of talent.
I want two this year. A free agent starter and a high draft pick who can start or can start when Brown goes down or stops being motivated (whichever comes first).

Sure Klemm will be better than Phat Matt but there's a reason he was coaching in college and not in the pros with the Steelers so let's not get too crazy.

Hope a stud LT is available at 14. Leading candidates are Broderick Jones or Paris Johnson.

Two other names zooming up the charts are Anton Harrison, the Oklahoma product, and the BYU doppelgänger for the Eagles Lane Johnson. Blake Freeland.

Both these guys look like mid to late first-rounders.

The latest mock draft by Dane Brugler has Harrison going 28 to the Bengals. Bengals Draft Offensive Tackle In Latest Major Mock Draft

The next grouping of OTs going a little later that I really like are Syracuse’s Matthew Bergeron and Maryland’s Jaelyn Duncan.

I can see us targeting one of these guys at 46 if one of the three elite OTs are gone by 14, Skoronski, Johnson, or Jones. Knowing our MO, we move up in the second. Which usually isn’t a good tactic.

Hope a stud LT is available at 14. Leading candidates are Broderick Jones or Paris Johnson.

Two other names zooming up the charts are Anton Harrison, the Oklahoma product, and the BYU doppelgänger for the Eagles Lane Johnson. Blake Freeland.

Both these guys look like mid to late first-rounders.

The latest mock draft by Dane Brugler has Harrison going 28 to the Bengals. Bengals Draft Offensive Tackle In Latest Major Mock Draft

The next grouping of OTs going a little later that I really like are Syracuse’s Matthew Bergeron and Maryland’s Jaelyn Duncan.

I can see us targeting one of these guys at 46 if one of the three elite OTs are gone by 14, Skoronski, Johnson, or Jones. Knowing our MO, we move up in the second. Which usually isn’t a good tactic.
Andrew Wylie with the Chiefs is a FA. He's started at RT and RG. IMO the Pats should make a run at him and then move T. Brown back to LT.

Last edited:
* Sign Kelvin Beachum for RT
* Hold onto Trent Brown for awhile and see if he takes to the new coaching at LT
* Draft B. Jones or P. Johnson at 14 to battle with Brown at LT.

If you get one of those two at 14 and they prove legit at LT early on cut Brown loose.

If they are not there at 14, pray to whoever you pray to (or don’t if you don’t do that kinda thing) that Brown is motivated and solid at LT.

* Trade back and draft Anton Harrison to learn for a year and take over.

* Wildcard: Blake Freeland in the 2nd round to develop behind brown would be an option as well.

Any one high on Stueber making his presence felt this year?

If you get one of those two at 14 and they prove legit at LT early on cut Brown loose.
I'm not sure the pre-season would be enough proof to cut Brown. After Game 1, his salary is guaranteed.

I'm not sure the pre-season would be enough proof to cut Brown. After Game 1, his salary is guaranteed.
Gotcha, just keep him on then. Unless you are very confident in your rookie. Probably safer to have him on your roster.

Also, after watching OG Vorhees walk up to the bench press on crutches a day after tearing his ACL, I’m on board drafting him with one of our 8 4th round picks and stashing him for a season.

not me, but surely he will be given an opportunity in camp
i will just assume that he will be in that Developmental Stage until he isn't... Lets hope Adrian Klemm is better than Billy Yates/Matt Patricia...

Any one high on Stueber making his presence felt this year?
Not holding out. Anything positive would be a bonus.

We do need another thread discussing Jack Jones. What’s going on with him?

Sure Klemm will be better than Phat Matt but there's a reason he was coaching in college and not in the pros with the Steelers so let's not get too crazy.

Did you bother to read up on WHY he wasn't with the Steelers? It's because he and their OC have different Offensive philosophies. Tomlin and Klemm acknowledged this and that's why Klemm was allowed to seek other employment. It had nothing to do with Klemm's competence as a O-Line coach.

Cajuste is an RFA. I expected him to be tendered.

Really? You expect the Pats to put a right to match tender of 2.627M on him?

Trent Brown at LT gives me the heebie-jeebies. Am I allowed to say this?

Do the smart thing. Move him to RT.

Gotta hope we get a new Matt Light-type player at LT via the draft.

Really? You expect the Pats to put a right to match tender of 2.627M on him?
Ouch. Good point. But we are desperately thin at OT. Desperate people do crazy things.

Not ready to go into the season with TB, the Jets PS player we acquired, and a complete unknown in Steuber.

But your point is a good one. Cajuste, who has the physical tools, hasn’t been healthy. Ever.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back