PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Alleged) Ex-Pats Employee throws mud and makes fool of himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (Alleged ) Ex-Pats Employee is running his mouth- Claims serious allegations

This is, indeed, Tom Casale. I worked with him for 2 years and he was universally disliked around the office. We all wondered from the very start what Fred saw in him and why he was given such a long rope after his indiscretions online. The patsfans ordeal was surreal. He used multiple aliases to, among other things, denigrate his colleagues that he worked closest with. Btw, I have alot more bullets in the gun. I haven't even mentioned the events surrounding his dismissal. It's very embarrassing. You can probably imagine when you consider how much they put up with him prior to firing him. — posted by PFW Insider on 07/30/2008 1:10 PM

If that comment on Tommy's rant doesn't say that Fred ran an undisciplined ship what would? He's proven incompetent as a manager, damaged the brand and should be replaced. Why Kraft also tolerates the radio broadcast post game crew's ineptitude, I'll never understand.

Last edited:
Re: (Alleged ) Ex-Pats Employee is running his mouth- Claims serious allegations

no one forces you to read this thread and comment on it ,apparently you are above everyone else but continue to post weird……..

Let's keep the comments to the topic and not personal. You disagree with what he posted, fine. Tell him what you disagree with, without the personal attacks. That is how flame wars get started and then mod's get to look like bad guys by giving infractions.

I disagree with some of what he posted too. I also agree with some of what he posted.

I've said this for almost a year now, this board has a bunch of girly gossip-mongers who just love to chat about nothing. I know it's a boring time of the season, but we've done this even DURING the season.

Like the stupid Randy Moss hurts lady's pinky NON-story. I bet we had a thousand posts in one day on that. Remember we even had people calling the police down in FL? What kind of fans do that? I think some people want to be reporters here.

Oh yeah, and remember the thread on some guy who was posting on Patriots Planet and we gossiped for days over whether he was an "inside guy"?

FYI...this is NOT a story folks, but DAMN y'all sure are doing your best to make it one!

Considering the Globe carried the story and it was discussed on Dennis and Callahan (the fact that they took any time away from their 24/7 Manny talk they have had the last week is fairly significant), I don't get the beef. I guess if we are still talking about this same story next week at this time, then you got a point.

People complain about people writing posts off topic like the Brett Favre stuff a few weeks back. If you don't like it, all you need to do is start threads with interesting topics that will force this thread down.

Even so, it is still one stupid thread that you could easily ignore if you wanted to. I could see if there were 5 or 6 Casale threads going on, but there will always be individual threads that some people will be passionate about and others won't. Personally, I have no problem ignoring the threads I don't care about and find no need to lecture the people who care even if I think the argument is stupid.

Are you serious. Florio cannot back away from these types of stories. It isn't in his nature. And I have never been hard on the guy especially compared to most on this board, but this whole thing is right up Florio's alley

No mention at profootballtalk.com as of this writing and they just listed a PATRIOTS ONE LINER section.

Care to give credit where credit is due....Florio is taking the high road here, at least so far, in spite of mention at Globe, deadspin and WEEI.

Last edited:

Let's keep the comments to the topic and not personal. You disagree with what he posted, fine. Tell him what you disagree with, without the personal attacks. That is how flame wars get started and then mod's get to look like bad guys by giving infractions.

I disagree with some of what he posted too. I also agree with some of what he posted.

PATSNUTme,

In fairness, he/she was responding to a post that did throw a collective personal attack to everyone who is posting in this thread.

No mention at profootballtalk.com as of this writing and they just listed a PATRIOTS ONE LINER section.

Care to give credit where credit is due....Florio is taking the high road here, at least so far, in spite of mention at Globe, deadspin and WEEI.

That's because the story isn't what he said - he has no credibility because of his baggage - it's that he said it. That's a local story about a twisted half wit taking pot shots at the organization that gave him his first shot in the business on his way out the door. And what that may portend in the way of fallout for the PFW operation. As such it has little or no value outside the region.

I will give Florio credit for now. It may not have caught Florio's eye yet. The Globes' story appeared in the Arts and Entertainment section of their paper and website, not the sports section. Florio scans the sports section of major papers' websites for his one liners and you would never find the Globe story that way.

If by the end of day tomorrow Florio hasn't posted a story. I will give him full credit.

I have to agree with people who think PFW needs to be overhauled. It should be so much better than it is. Their radio show is foul and unprofessional. The writers seem bitter and vindictive toward the team. The culture seems toxic. Fred appears to be a nice hapless guy who hires inmates and then lets them run the asylum.

Here's the thing that really pisses me off. I really liked Casale on PFW. I thought his act was pretty funny and he brought something entertaining to the show.

His blog posting was pretty low in the regard that he had no qualms of dirtying the names of many past and present Patriots and seemed to have no care how this might affect his former coworkers (The other PFW guys).

So I thought to myself, If he has no conscious about tainting someones carreer and the possible repercussions, then he is open game to the same thing.

Before bashing the Pats he had a blog posting where he introduced himself and why people should buy his gambling picks.

http://pregame.com/forums/blogs/tommy-rider/archive/2008/07/26/football-picks-inside-tommy-rider.aspx

In the comments section to that post, I disected his post and why you should not use his services (Karmas a B*tch).

Guess what? He removed the post. What a an F-ing Hypocrite. He has total disregard for everyone else, especially his old buddies (Fred, Paul etc..) but how dare anyone take a shot at his character and compromise his income. That my friends is the sign of a very weak man. If you are going to dish it out the be ready to take it as well.

Last edited:

I will give Florio credit for now. It may not have caught Florio's eye yet. The Globes' story appeared in the Arts and Entertainment section of their paper and website, not the sports section. Florio scans the sports section of major papers' websites for his one liners and you would never find the Globe story that way.

If by the end of day tomorrow Florio hasn't posted a story. I will give him full credit.

That's fair and I will be the first to trash him if he does put it in (as I did with old spygate when he loved to play both sides of the fence).

This whole thread sux, the story sux and is utterly ridiculous, yet, as passionate fans, we read and respond. I think outing Casale for the jerk that he has certainly been called for. I would imagine we have yet another mediot who wishes they hadn't done what they did (unless of course it truly is about the website "hits" no matter what it takes to get them.

One thing we do know is who the credible media people are versus the mediots. In the end they will win out.

There is no story here. It is not a big deal to say that someone may or may not be well-liked. So, every team in the league...everyone likes all their teammates. Yeah, right.

There is no story here. It is not a big deal to say that someone may or may not be well-liked. So, every team in the league...everyone likes all their teammates. Yeah, right.

274 Posts (And counting), 15,000 views and there is no story here?

Ok. :rolleyes:

That's fair and I will be the first to trash him if he does put it in (as I did with old spygate when he loved to play both sides of the fence).

This whole thread sux, the story sux and is utterly ridiculous, yet, as passionate fans, we read and respond. I think outing Casale for the jerk that he has certainly been called for. I would imagine we have yet another mediot who wishes they hadn't done what they did (unless of course it truly is about the website "hits" no matter what it takes to get them.

One thing we do know is who the credible media people are versus the mediots. In the end they will win out.

For those of us that can not listen, let us know what they say on PFW today.

Thanks!

FYI...this is NOT a story folks, but DAMN y'all sure are doing your best to make it one!

It's flattering that so many people think that this one fan messageboard has the power to make or break an outside news story. But realistically...a Patriots media staffer who had inside access to the Pats locker room for years gets canned and posts a long, profane, semi-coherent personal screed against the team and its employees in a public forum, and somehow that's not news? I wish.

Honestly though, it's not story about the Pats so much as about a crazy rogue employee. ANY organization is subject to those. I once worked at a big company where an unstable employee was fired, but his boss "kindly" gave him a day to clean out his office, etc...with his corporate email still active. Whoopsie-daisy. Yes, everybody in the division received a long personal rant against everybody in his management team. The difference, of course, is that his managers weren't famous so that's where it ended.

All I know is that he'll be having one of the more popular gambling blogs this year. We can pat ourselves on the back for that.

In that regard, mission accomplished for Casale.

Last edited:

274 Posts (And counting), 15,000 views and there is no story here?

Ok. :rolleyes:
this story is a story for the whinny, gossiping, lets post everything a stupid media says and talk about it for days, type fans which this forum is full of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes