PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All the throws from Tyrod Taylor in Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Take back my mockery, he played in the pocket and showed some poise. Who knows if he'll progress or be exposed, but if he can play like a qb and keep the running as a bonus, he's got a chance.

My real take on this is, see how important it is to learn the game on a solid team, backing a good qb? Why do teams, blessed with high draft picks, always ignore this?

Lots of first read throws, including a couple he should have looked away from immediately. Keeps his head up when scrambling, but only got off one (bad) pass when doing so. Every other time he was forced out of the pocket he ran with it.

Rushing him leads to some scramble yardage, but he looks much more comfortable throwing from the pocket. I suspect NE will still play contain and try to be better at knowing who the first look will be.

Yeah, I noticed that he threw to his first read most of the time. He did not do very well with his check downs. Seems to want to run too if his first read isn't there. I am surprised that the Colts didn't pick up on that sooner. The Colts seemed to get it in the fourth and Taylor struggled a bit.

I think the Pats will try to take away his first option and keep him in the pocket. I think it may expose him.

Yeah. He played alot better than Russell Wilson's first start. Color me encouraged so far.

He's also been in the league for years... Wilson was a rookie when he started.

BB is going to take away those dump-offs and deep passes and make him throw the 10-15 yarders. He'll have to make consistently tough reads and accurate throws into coverage. Probably take away Watkins with safety help and force Taylor into putting together long drives without making mistakes.

I don't know how much the Steeler gameplan will parallel the Bills one, but I'm not quite as convinced as you are about taking Watkins away with double coverage (or, more appropriately, 1.5 coverage with a safety rolled to one side). They still have weapons with Harvin, Wood, Clay, and the running game with McCoy.

I am guessing that they may try and use Butler one on one with Watkins as much as possible, although I doubt that we'll only see one deep safety like last week. Should be an intriguing matchup no matter how they approach it. Let's hope the secondary and defensive scheme are up to the challenge. I'm actually more concerned about that side of things than our offense, which may sound crazy.

I can't wait till Collins breaks his legs when he scrambles.

I'm doing this right bills fans?

Crapbag QB Logan Thomas now owns all of VA Tech's passing records. Although he's a backup too, so he's probably the next Aaron Rodgers.

Be careful what you say about Thomas, I think there is a good chance the patriots sign him when the Dolphins eventually cut him, and convert him to a TE. Then the sign Pryor and draft Cardale Jones to join Eldelman at WR. All part of Belichick's plan to replace Brady with an extreme wildcat offense where every skill player is a QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes