All on Eyes on Patriots' Newcomer Mingo in Preseason Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
All on Eyes on Patriots' Newcomer Mingo in Preseason Game 3

Lee Schechter

Seemingly out of thin air, the Patriots landed Barkevious Mingo from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a fifth-round pick.

Continue reading...

He won't be playing tonight, so how can everyone's eyes be on him during preseason game 3?

He won't be playing tonight, so how can everyone's eyes be on him during preseason game 3?

What if there was an eye in the sky? o_Oo_O

ea59f8c97358a53bb17f8bd216d0b599.jpg

I haven't been more excited over a Preseason in the past like I am tonight in this dress rehearsal. Lots of stories Tonight if you are a bubble guy cannot think of better time to show up. I really hope Brady plays this will be his last game until week 5 also the one's should play some tonight good test for OL against stiff Panther front.

I would be surprised if he gets on the field tonight. It's hard to believe that he's digested the playbook that quickly. I would think that the time to watch him would be next week.

I would be surprised if he gets on the field tonight. It's hard to believe that he's digested the playbook that quickly. I would think that the time to watch him would be next week.

You're most likely correct. I do wonder, though, if they might decide to give him a few 3rd down snaps to do nothing but just rush the passer.

I think he plays.

On 8/26/2014 the Pats acquired Tim Wright from TB in the Mankins trade.

On 8/28/2014 he played vs the Giants.

Mingo is in shape and has been in TC.

All he really needs to do is rush the passer a few times and stick to some basic reads.

Its pre-season. What is there to lose?

This fanboy remembers being Jacked & pumped about my man Tim Wright the answer to our 2nd TE needs...not!

Mingo is here to chase down Newton

I have 20-20 hindsight and think Mingo won't dress for this game :D

But cool name.

From the rest of my "this can't all be coincidence" naming file:

1 - We have been Gaffneyless for far too long. I think this one's better (but I stand by my assessment that Jabar Gaffney was the one NFL player who actually gave 110%. He played way above his capabilities, which just happened to be way below our needs. I sort of miss the glandular freak.)

2 - Jonathan Freeney. Any relation? Can he spin in a circle? That was what Dwight Freeney could do. Spin in a circle. For years I watched people explain on here how we needed 2 guys who could spin in a circle like the Colts had.

3 - Once again, Barkeeevious Minnnngooooo. I want Barkevious to succeed so that I can say Barkeeeevious Minnngoooo.

4. We had Brewski and Roach on the same defense... I am disappointed by the fact that Blount came after their time.

5. We are deep at the Malco(l)m position. Malcom Brown is hereby dubbed Malcom in the Middle.

6. Trey Flowers. Just add in "of" and you have the most awesome hippie tarot card never produced, the Trey of Flowers.

7. Hogannnnnnnn!

8. Not one but two arguably adjectival names, Martellus and Barkevious. It's easy to define Barkevious. Like, the ash tree is especially barkevious. I think I would use "Martellus" to describe a good deal at a big-box store.

9. Woodrow Hamilton. Way to stick with the Patriotic theme, right up there with former G Sam Adams, peace be upon him. Not quite Lincoln Kennedy. But a damn sight more tolerable than Stalin Colinet. (What was his mother thinking?!?!?!)

10. Pot Roast. You just gotta love a guy who ate something on a plane once and couldn't escape it.

11. The Pats as of this writing maintain consistent depth at the Brandon position, listing the Brandons Bolden and King.

12. Similarly the Tre(y) position has been shored up nicely.

13. We have a LaAdrian, a LeGarrette, a DeAndre, and Cre'von LeBlanc. French and pseudo-French prefixes checked.

14. okay depth at the apostrophe position (Cre'von, Dont'a)

Last but not least, everybody Pat Chung tonight... everybody Pat Chung tonight.

But cool name.

From the rest of my "this can't all be coincidence" naming file:

1 - We have been Gaffneyless for far too long. I think this one's better (but I stand by my assessment that Jabar Gaffney was the one NFL player who actually gave 110%. He played way above his capabilities, which just happened to be way below our needs. I sort of miss the glandular freak.)

2 - Jonathan Freeney. Any relation? Can he spin in a circle? That was what Dwight Freeney could do. Spin in a circle. For years I watched people explain on here how we needed 2 guys who could spin in a circle like the Colts had.

3 - Once again, Barkeeevious Minnnngooooo. I want Barkevious to succeed so that I can say Barkeeeevious Minnngoooo.

4. We had Brewski and Roach on the same defense... I am disappointed by the fact that Blount came after their time.

5. We are deep at the Malco(l)m position. Malcom Brown is hereby dubbed Malcom in the Middle.

6. Trey Flowers. Just add in "of" and you have the most awesome hippie tarot card never produced, the Trey of Flowers.

7. Hogannnnnnnn!

8. Not one but two arguably adjectival names, Martellus and Barkevious. It's easy to define Barkevious. Like, the ash tree is especially barkevious. I think I would use "Martellus" to describe a good deal at a big-box store.

9. Woodrow Hamilton. Way to stick with the Patriotic theme, right up there with former G Sam Adams, peace be upon him. Not quite Lincoln Kennedy. But a damn sight more tolerable than Stalin Colinet. (What was his mother thinking?!?!?!)

10. Pot Roast. You just gotta love a guy who ate something on a plane once and couldn't escape it.

11. The Pats as of this writing maintain consistent depth at the Brandon position, listing the Brandons Bolden and King.

12. Similarly the Tre(y) position has been shored up nicely.

13. We have a LaAdrian, a LeGarrette, a DeAndre, and Cre'von LeBlanc. French and pseudo-French prefixes checked.

14. okay depth at the apostrophe position (Cre'von, Dont'a)

Last but not least, everybody Pat Chung tonight... everybody Pat Chung tonight.

...General Barkevious is too dark side-ish

I thought you'd Nail it with Hogan...but NOOOOoooooooooo

I''m going to be part of Hogan's fan club...Hogan's Hero's !!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call