Brady's Performance Brings Garoppolo Expectations Back to Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Brady's Performance Brings Garoppolo Expectations Back to Earth

Lee Schechter

No one thought we would see that day that Tom Brady entered a game as a backup quarterback (even if it is the preseason), but that's what happened against the Panthers on Friday night.

Continue reading...

Thing is Garropplo's performance is what Jet fans hope for.

The question will be how quickly he learns and doesn't make the same mistake twice.

I've been talking about this for months. The media - as well as many in here - have coronated Garoppolo when the guy has never played a meaningful NFL down in his life. It is actually unfair to the guy how much hype he has received because it only leads to criticism when he isn't perfect, but (some) people are desperate to create a QB controversy.

Not for me, then again i'm not one of these people that is holding Garoppolo to Brady comparisons. He is what he is, which isn't close to Brady, like almost every other QB in the league.

Then again I really gotta see him with Gronk, Edelman, Bennett and Hogan and Bill and Josh coming in with a game plan and making adjustments mid-game.

Wouldn't surprise me if the team went 4-0 in his games if the defense plays well. People think Arizona is a nailed on loss, which I completely disagree. I absolutely think this defense could give Palmer and that offense a tough time and then it's 3 straight home games against Ryan Tannenhill, Brock Osweiler and Tyrod Taylor

Could be that Tom's performance last night was sparked by JG's rising reputation. In other words, Tom even outplayed Tom.

Truth (although I think he will still suceed). :)

Signed: Eternal Optimist

Not for me, then again i'm not one of these people that is holding Garoppolo to Brady comparisons. He is what he is, which isn't close to Brady, like almost every other QB in the league.

Then again I really gotta see him with Gronk, Edelman, Bennett and Hogan and Bill and Josh coming in with a game plan and making adjustments mid-game.

Wouldn't surprise me if the team went 4-0 in his games if the defense plays well. People think Arizona is a nailed on loss, which I completely disagree. I absolutely think this defense could give Palmer and that offense a tough time and then it's 3 straight home games against Ryan Tannenhill, Brock Osweiler and Tyrod Taylor

I'm still among those who will be happy if JG hands a 2--2 record to TB, but I am hoping for better and definitely agree re AZ.

I can't wait to see the head games that BB plays with Carson Palmer and the rest of the Cardinals in the week or so leading up to the game...in every important way, Arizona will have a lot more on the line with a loss than the Patriots...most fans and mediots will be expecting them to defeat the Patriots without Brady and they will be trying to show a national audience that they are better than the team that had a beatdown put on them by the Panthers in the NFCCG...

...in other words, BCP...Big Choke Potential...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes