PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"All I could think about [last night] was the Bears"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
- so said ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd this morning

He basically compared our Week 12 opponents with Mike Tyson. They can beat up on the little guy at home (SF, Buffalo, Detroit) but when their challenged on the road by a proper opponent they won't win. The Bears are one dimensional, they only have one knockout punch, meanwhile the Pats can beat you eight different ways. Rex Grossman won't defeat you. Tom Brady will. Thomas Jones and Ced Benson won't beat you either. Maroney and Dillon can. And so on.

The Bears' upcoming schedule:

Miami
@ NY Giants
@ NY Jets
@ New England

That's a pretty tough stretch they got coming up. I'd be amazed if they come to Foxboro unbeaten.

Last edited:
Did Seymour really say what you just said? I find that hard to believe.

Edit: I just reread your post and realized that I am an idiot. I guess I just incorporated your username into the message and thought that Seymour was involved.

I do agree with the post about Chicago, though.

Last edited:
Seymour93 said:
- ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd this morning

He basically compared our Week 12 opponents with Mike Tyson. They can beat up on the little guy at home (SF, Buffalo, Detroit) but when their challenged on the road by a proper opponent they won't win. The Bears are one dimensional, they only have one knockout punch, meanwhile the Pats can beat you eight different ways. Rex Grossman won't defeat you. Tom Brady will. Thomas Jones and Ced Benson won't beat you either. Maroney and Dillon can. And so on.

The Bears' upcoming schedule:

Miami
@ NY Giants
@ NY Jets
@ New England

That's a pretty tough stretch they got coming up. I'd be amazed if they come to Foxboro unbeaten.

I think the Giants will give them a serious run. Our game against the Bears will be like the game last year against Tampa Bay.

I think the little 'destiny bandwagon' of the Bears will get stranded somewhere on the East Coast. :D

Oswlek said:

Edit: I just reread your post and realized that I am an idiot. I guess I just incorporated your username into the message and thought that Seymour was involved.
Don't feel badly. I did the same thing :D

yeah, folks, it's not even a question.

that's why denny green was screaming 'they are who we think they are' - because they knew the bears were frauds and could be beaten and they had them beat.

the bears are not coming into our place and beating us - not gonna happen.
pats will win decisively.

Oswlek said:

I do agree with the post about Chicago, though.

Even I would have to criticize Sey if he called out the Bears this early. :D

My mistake, hope my edit helps clarify things.

*shrugs* the Iggles could only muster a 4-4 record with their cake schedule.

Just like the Fat Man once said-"You are who you are".

I would not bail on the Bears too fast. So they looked awful and won ugly. Does that sound familiar around here? When we do it, it's finding a way to win while you do not have good stuff.

Bears do have an easy schedule -- Packers x2, Lions x2, AFC East (except us), so the Giants game and Pats game are their tests.

They'll lose in Detroit and, hopefully, Foxboro.

The Bears don't stack up to some of the AFC teams, and the advantage they have is that they will only have to face one AFC team in the playoffs, if they make the superbowl. But once they are exposed like the Cardinals almost achieved, they will likely fall to a Cinderella team like the Giants.

When you a riding high and thinking out loud that you are just meant to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, you are absolutely ripe to be beat.

The Bears are going to fall. They are simply overrated. A solid team that peaked too soon.

Im not sold on the Bears. They have a very good defense ,but i think there offense is a little to eratic to be a Super Bowl team. Id put the Giants over them in the NFC. Patriots and Colts over them in the AFC. I look at the teams that can put together long drives without needing to rely on turnovers to get short fields. Off course that's important ,but you need to be able to have the ability to put together long drives agains quality teams. That remains to be seen with the Bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News