PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Albert Breer Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you can't. Your assumption is anything but safe. In fact, it's highly unlikely in light of the surrounding facts. That's the point.

I saw video evidence of the Gronk re-break too. What's your point?

Because you are making assumption as to why it broke when you don't have video evidence of that (unless your tv feed has special xray features that allowed you to see the existing break prior to the feed?)

No, you can't. Your assumption is anything but safe. In fact, it's highly unlikely in light of the surrounding facts. That's the point.

I saw video evidence of the Gronk re-break too. What's your point?

My assumption is just as safe as yours. We have no proof either way.
My point is your analogy was dumb and makes no sense.

My assumption is just as safe as yours. We have no proof either way.

No, it's not. I have an earlier break on the same arm, and the fact that the first break occured on November 18th, which placed yesterday right at the edge of the 4-8 weeks window.

My point is your analogy was dumb and makes no sense.

My point is you're wrong.

No, it's not. I have an earlier break on the same arm, and the fact that the first break occured on November 18th, which placed yesterday right at the edge of the 4-8 weeks window.

My point is you're wrong.

Is the break in the same spot? But I forgot you know everything and are never wrong.

Last edited:
I forgot you know everything and are never wrong.

Given that you're making the type of forceful argument, but are coming from the other side and with far less supporting evidence, you should try looking in a mirror.

Last edited:
Given that you're making the type of forceful argument, but are coming from the other side and with far less supporting evidence, you should try looking in a mirror.

I never said I was right. I am saying I don't know and will not blame coaching staff or med staff on something that could be a freak accident. You are the one saying I am wrong. Until we find out what the deal is both of our assumptions are just that assumptions.

Last edited:
I never said I was right. I am saying I don't know and will not blame coaching staff or med staff on something that could be a freak accident. You are the one saying I am wrong. Until we find out what the deal is both of our assumptions are just that assumptions.

I said you were wrong about your assumption being as safe as mine. That should be obvious to you, yet you're arguing it.

Like I said, look in the mirror.

I said you were wrong about your assumption being as safe as mine. That should be obvious to you, yet you're arguing it.

Like I said, look in the mirror.

And I disagree. We have no proof either way. In fact we don't even know if it broke in the same spot.

Last edited:
And I disagree. We have no proof either way. In fact we don't even know if it broke in the same spot.

Again, look in the mirror. You're behaving exactly as you claimed I was. I'm done discussing this with you.

That is something I have never understood how/why that happened. At the Herald Breer was basically Mike Reiss with his Pats blog before Reiss started doing the same with the Globe. When he came back from Dallas it was as if he had a 180º turn in his attitude about the Patriots. Did BB or the Pats organization do something to Breer? Was it a conscious decision to report in a more negative manner? Regardless of whether Breer is right or wrong on this subject, when was the last time he had something complimentary to say about the Patriots - when he worked at the Herald?

I remember when he left herald he thanked BB for learning a lot of football from him. He even got an exclusive interview with him when he was in sportingnews. something happened after that.

I *****ing hate Albert Breer.

But if Gronk could re-injure that arm by simply falling on it, he should not have been playing...

I remember when he left herald he thanked BB for learning a lot of football from him. He even got an exclusive interview with him when he was in sportingnews. something happened after that.

Makes the mystery even deeper. Late puberty? Roid personality change? Onset of schizophrenia?

I think it's absolutely safe to assume the break is in the same place/effected area. It's the most likely situation therefore he most logical assumption.

However, Breer is far off the mark for me. He broke he arm week in week 11. By the time he played limited snaps in week 17 it had been six weeks which is more than enough time to heal your average break. It isn't abnormal for a re break so soon after. Even after eight weeks, the maximum time they usually give you, the bone is weak for quite a time after. I doubt a huge error in judgement was made...it was just dumb luck.

I like Breer but he is often over committed to finding the 'truth'...sometimes the 'truth' that isn't there. He sounds very condescending at times when you hear his post game interviews..,almost like he feels he knows better. I bet he loves a good conspiracy theory!

Last edited:
He absolutely has a point. Something was very wrong for that fall to re-break that arm, and someone should probably lose a job over this.

Dr. Gill gets my vote. Thing docs fall back on when clearing a player is whether or not they are at risk for greater damage. Hard to argue RGIII wasn't particularly after he seriously started limping following that first quarter hit. Argument would be damage done, but who knows extent of damage as a result. Assumption was LCL was blown and would need surgery anyway. New assumption is ACL was probably faulty so two for one... I disagree that they were making good assumptions in that case. Gronk is harder to decipher. Some of that favoring could have been mental, and it's a fix you can continue to feel until/unless the plate is removed. And it's not like they sent him back out there (as they did on the high ankle sprain, shot up on toradol no question). That was a case of damage done, see if you can play through it. My issue with Gill since is why these guys aren't rebounding in a reasonable time frame. Something wrong with them, or his surgeries or their rehab protocols? Hope that was what Kraft was asking him post game.

As for Breer, he's a little elitist dink whom BB again played nice with because he seemed geniunely interested in learning out of the gate. But once he got noticed he morphed into the Felger mode where you bite the hand that fed you to get ahead because you suffer from smartest kid in the room syndrome. Bill routinely slaps him down in pressers because he asks for it.

Comparing what happened to Gronk to what happened to RGIII is dumb. Gronk didn't reinjure his arm and stay in the game. He was also out the requisite 6-8 weeks everyone says it normally takes for this kind of break to heal. Nobody said he should have stayed out of the Miami game, where they brought him back slowly. Dumb luck that he would fall with all of his weight on his arm/x-rays that didn't show it wasn't fully healed or remained very weak/eagerness of the team and the player for him to get back out there all played into it. They obviously all thought he was ready to go if they built the game plan around him heavily, which Brady implied, but he was brought along with medical supervision and protection of the player in mind.

Shanahan let RG III start the game and left RG III in the game for play after play when it was clear he was hurt, but more importantly, where he was hurting the team as well as himself. A way different situation.

Sometimes "experts" rely on reputation and get sloppy or really don't live up to their rep.

On the football side BB has disregarded good scouting advice and picked losers in the draft so he's not above disregarding well-researched expert advice.

I have no idea what happened here but your example shows indications of a pattern. I'd add a 3rd recent example where AH seemingly came back way too soon and re-injured the ankle. Maybe Logan Mankins this season too. Based on all these examples, I'm leaning towards suspecting BB here as much as I hate to be in the same opinion universe as Breer.

And Chung... and Mayo.

Makes the mystery even deeper. Late puberty? Roid personality change? Onset of schizophrenia?

I used to love Albert Breer's "Tale of the Tape" when he was at the Herald. Now I don't even recognize him any more. He acts like a nerdy hater.

Dr. Gill gets my vote. Thing docs fall back on when clearing a player is whether or not they are at risk for greater damage. Hard to argue RGIII wasn't particularly after he seriously started limping following that first quarter hit. Argument would be damage done, but who knows extent of damage as a result. Assumption was LCL was blown and would need surgery anyway. New assumption is ACL was probably faulty so two for one... I disagree that they were making good assumptions in that case. Gronk is harder to decipher. Some of that favoring could have been mental, and it's a fix you can continue to feel until/unless the plate is removed. And it's not like they sent him back out there (as they did on the high ankle sprain, shot up on toradol no question). That was a case of damage done, see if you can play through it. My issue with Gill since is why these guys aren't rebounding in a reasonable time frame. Something wrong with them, or his surgeries or their rehab protocols? Hope that was what Kraft was asking him post game.

You may be right. I don't know who'd be on the line, and it's true that we can't be 100% sure that there was a screwup, which is why I'd used the word "probably" in my post (that word was, of course, completely ignored by the attacking swarm), but something was definitely not right for a young guy in the prime of his health to suffer a (re?)break like that given his relatively soft landing on the arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe