PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Branch Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
And your point being?

That doesn't make it any less dumb.

Yes, smoking weed when it's against the rule is dumb (especially given that you only get suspended after three failed piss tests), and my concern is that in the next CBA the players will probably be even dumber and give up some thing they should not give up just so they can smoke all the weed they want.

On the upside for Branch I hear he has started a new online retail business selling Patriots gear....

Is Laremy Tunsil his business partner?

Here it is - it makes a great stocking stuffer.
You can also go super elite Patriot fan and go with an all glass version. Disclaimer: strictly for smoking tobacco only...:)

New England Patriots
Hand Blown Glass Tobacco Sports Team Dichro Pipe New England Patriots Superbowl Football

Just in time for Dec 15th! (Legal Pot Day in Massachusetts...)

Must be something about paraphernalia making in high school shop class that leads later in life to kidney stones :). I also got sent by my shop class teacher to the vice principal's office for "repeatedly making" paraphernalia.
Funny thing is the pipes I made were ridiculously heavy (great idea using tool steel), smoked terrible (tobacco only of course), and even cheap pipes from the local headshop were ten times better for smoking...

Not a great idea to make a pipe out of something that conducts heat, eh?

Ready to go for it...if it had our real logo and not the fake one.

I'll hand it to you, you are persistent, just like a kidney stone...

Got to assume he is playing this week...haven't heard any thing since the decision to appeal (which is generaly expedited)...and no replacement on the 53

So Branch is appealing so he is going to play this week? If his appeal is recognized will he get a reduced # of games? Can his appeal hold up until the end of the season? And then dock him 4 games next season? If not when would he have to serve the games, starting after the Jets game? Main reason why i am asking is because I want him on the roster for the playoffs.

Why is the most harmless recreational drug costing adult pro athletes game checks? I mean its dumb they get caught but the NFL is so hypocritical they better abolish this rule when the next CBA is figured out.

I hate Goodell.

I'm not too familiar with the appeal process for this sort of thing.. How does one go about overturning it? Do they claim a buddy had accidentally blown smoke in their face? Do they try to scrutinize the person who handled the drug test?

Word up is that the Great White northers stuff their weed with moose fur

Reiss makes the point that with Beanch's appeal date not set yet, the possibility exists his suspension could go into the playoffs. If that's the case, he should simply bite the bullet and take the four games now.

He's several steps into the discipline process, so it seems pretty unlikely they give him a break. Don't make another stupid mistake to compound the first one.

From todays Reiss' quick-hits:

Patriots starting defensive tackle Alan Branch faces a four-game suspensionfor violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy, pending appeal. No date has been set for the appeal, which means Branch will continue to play, but the Patriots could lose him later in the year, possibly into the playoffs. One person familiar with the situation expects the appeal to be heard within the next month or so. This sparks the question of whether Branch would be helping the team by accelerating the process and accepting the suspension now so he is definitely back for the stretch run. While one could make that case, Branch has told those close to him that he feels he didn’t do anything wrong.
_

My guess is BB is ok to have him now and let the appeal play out .. and when it does its the next man up - in this case Hamilton. I do expect him to prepare for the outcome - a DT signing to the PS.

Branch was very solid this year but its not like the season is hanging on him.

Branch needs to take his suspension before week 13. We all know damn well Lying Roger isn't going to cut the Pats any breaks and will take delight in confirming Branch's 4 game suspension.

Branches appeal is a running joke in the NFL offices and the only thing up for debate is figuring out where to go for drinks after sticking one to the Pats.

The last thing the Pats need is for Branch to miss a playoff game. The depth along the DL is not exactly the strength of the team.

Branch needs to take his suspension before week 13. We all know damn well Lying Roger isn't going to cut the Pats any breaks and will take delight in confirming Branch's 4 game suspension.

Branches appeal is a running joke in the NFL offices and the only thing up for debate is figuring out where to go for drinks after sticking one to the Pats.

The last thing the Pats need is for Branch to miss a playoff game. The depth along the DL is not exactly the strength of the team.

I'd expect they just pop bottles in the HQ, too risky going out among the peasants.

I'm all for good league conspiracy theories, but the guy's been caught smoking marijuana several times. It's a stupid rule but a well-established one.

Just get the suspension over with and don't leave the door open for "the league wants to get the Pats" nonsense.

I'm all for good league conspiracy theories, but the guy's been caught smoking marijuana several times. It's a stupid rule but a well-established one.

Just get the suspension over with and don't leave the door open for "the league wants to get the Pats" nonsense.

He wasn't really questioning the punishment as it pertains to the drug policy outlined in the CBA, he was pointing out the hopelessness of appealing to Roger Goodell and expecting a reduced suspension, especially when its at a premium time in the season where they can delay his appeal and screw him out of playoff games

I think he's pretty spot on.. do you honestly think Roger wouldn't jump at the chance to hurt the Pats playoff chances if he had all the reasons he needed lined up?

So we can expect an appeal decision to be made immediately following the conclusion of wild card weekend?

So Branch is appealing so he is going to play this week? If his appeal is recognized will he get a reduced # of games? Can his appeal hold up until the end of the season? And then dock him 4 games next season? If not when would he have to serve the games, starting after the Jets game? Main reason why i am asking is because I want him on the roster for the playoffs.

Why is the most harmless recreational drug costing adult pro athletes game checks? I mean its dumb they get caught but the NFL is so hypocritical they better abolish this rule when the next CBA is figured out.

I hate Goodell.
Branch just needs to beat up a girl within inches of her life, and he'll be on the playoff roster for sure.

could Goodell drag his feet on this and not hear until week 14 and make him miss a play off game?
Certainly wouldn't surprise me

Looked like he could be gone longer if this report is true.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back