PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Branch Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
clip-art-pirate-parrot-clipart-panda-free-clipart-images-iQjB1R-clipart.jpg

This comparison keeps coming up in so many places and for the life of me I don't understand why. The only way it can be matched up as similar is if they lose more games. That team won 10 games and lost in the playoffs because they were older vets mostly. This team is made up of a mix of young guys and veterans. They've already won 8 games anyway. This team is nowhere near them.

The "locker room is lost" meme is annoying too because right after the game, the players were excited and upbeat in the locker room interviews.
They were all over social media posting about it was a good team win, their teammates, or just a celebratory post on the game. Those little things matter in the long run. Rant over.
Don't let facts and candid observations get in the way of a good kneejerk narrative

Which is worse, kidney stones or this defense?

As much as the D concerns me : trust me, it's the stones. I've passed over 30 this year & many in the past. It's never very fun.... Imagine passing hard calcium objects of over 1 cm. That is what it's sometimes all about.

As much as the D concerns me : trust me, it's the stones. I've passed over 30 this year & many in the past. It's never very fun.... Imagine passing hard calcium objects of over 1 cm. That is what it's sometimes all about.
:eek:I've only had one measly KS and have since drank as much lemonade as I can, and avoid iced tea whenever possible. I was fine when they finally gave me the meds, but all the time beforehand was ......................................... E X C R U C I A T I N G

I'm serious man, worse than Actual Pats Fans ranting on endlessly about the team logo...:confused:

30? I'd be looking for a Kevorkian machine long before #5, never mind 30. God bless you for dealing with that, and may you never have to do so again.
My brother in law has them, and he's the toughest dude I've come across...he beat cancer too.
Don't let facts and candid observations get in the way of a good kneejerk narrative
...the Gospel according to the anti-Patriots jihad since 1985

30? I'd be looking for a Kevorkian machine long before #5, never mind 30. God bless you for dealing with that, and may you never have to do so again.

Genetics : have had hundreds, will have hundreds from now until my passing. It is painful, but it is my life...

Xray says I have quite a few left in there.

Genetics : have had hundreds, will have hundreds from now until my passing. It is painful, but it is my life...

I think I speak for all of us when I say, we admire your courage and echo Deus' sentiments...

...and we're glad it's not us:oops:

If only we could pass a kidney stone as easily as our D gives up passing yards on third down...

Fortunately our defense isn't s stone too big too pass.
At least I don't see the D needing a long scope where a scope should never go, followed by a full week of the most viciously frightened anyone should never be for every 45 second bathroom break they take, finally culminating in the most surreal doctor's office visit there could possibly be outside of an adult movie.
Nope I don't see our D as in that bad of shape :)

Fortunately our defense isn't s stone too big too pass.
At least I don't see the D needing a long scope where a scope should never go, followed by a full week of the most viciously frightened anyone should never be for every 45 second bathroom break they take, finally culminating in the most surreal doctor's office visit there could possibly be outside of an adult movie.
Nope I don't see our D as in that bad of shape :)
Thanks, I feel better.

There's just never any good news about this defense. This is one of the least inspiring defenses of BB era

The defense has issues, particularly with the losses of Jones, Collins, Easley, and now Branch. They need to shore things up with an improvement in talent, youth, and depth. The recent drafts have not helped too much between wasting picks and receiving ******** punishments.

That all said, I still believe that they are capable of getting us pretty far, and I also believe that Belichick will improve the situation in the offseason via the draft and free agency. Retaining Hightower will be key. That would give us HT, Butler, and McCourty, which isn't great, but it's a good enough place to start adding some other pieces.

Last edited:

I thought nowadays they break those KS up into little passable pieces with ultrsound or something ?? You guys are describing it like they have to come out in whole piece/original size.
Pardon question, I have no personal experience, but my German fatherinlaw has had numerous KS because of all his stroke and diabetes meds. and while he complains a little - he goes to dr office and its over with no huge theater (and he makes theater over plenty of other med stuff).

I thought nowadays they break those KS up into little passable pieces with ultrsound or something ?? You guys are describing it like they have to come out in whole piece/original size.
Pardon question, I have no personal experience, but my German fatherinlaw has had numerous KS because of all his stroke and diabetes meds. and while he complains a little - he goes to dr office and its over with no huge theater (and he makes theater over plenty of other med stuff).

When you have some at all times : (1) you can't get "blasted" with those sound wave machines more than a certain amount of times (2) the calcium deposits are sometimes too hard to break up (3) you end up passing them, sometimes in the size they are - for instance one evening this summer I passed two that were over 1 cm across (4) hurts like crazy to have them stuck - so if they aren't stuck, the pain is "just very significant" whereas when they lodge in your system, You wish for death

A few weeks ago, I went for the blasting. It didn't break them. Passed four a couple of weeks later.

I don't think Mangold is playing so that helps...

Branch's loss could hurt : but the opponents / time of year might lessen the blow. However, Mangold is irrelevant because Branch IS appealing and playing on Sunday.

When you have some at all times : (1) you can't get "blasted" with those sound wave machines more than a certain amount of times (2) the calcium deposits are sometimes too hard to break up (3) you end up passing them, sometimes in the size they are - for instance one evening this summer I passed two that were over 1 cm across (4) hurts like crazy to have them stuck - so if they aren't stuck, the pain is "just very significant" whereas when they lodge in your system, You wish for death

A few weeks ago, I went for the blasting. It didn't break them. Passed four a couple of weeks later.
****, that sux. My sympathies.

Guess my f-in-l is just lucky (right kind of KS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back