PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC vs. NFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know conference allegiances are somewhat outdated, but I find this to be very cool!!!

I think the conference stuff is for older fans like myself. I was around when the NFL was at first ignoring us and then avoiding us. When they finally decided to face us in a SB, the Jets and Chiefs took care of them in years 3 and 4. I've never been so happy for a win by a team not named Patriots as I was those two days.

Agree. Terrible quality. And it's not just the regular season.

There were a lot of uncompetitive playoff games last season. The Super Bowl wasn't all that enjoyable either (from a football perspective, not speaking as a homer).

The AFC Championship last year was the Super Bowl.

Philip Rivers. Tough as nails, highly competitive and severely underrated. Not his fault his team is a bunch of chokers.
Yep, he'd be in the mix for sure. I honestly don't know who I would choose.

Seattle & Pitt - in JAN/FEB are much scarrier than the others. Last year, with garbage & injuries everywhere, Pitt almost (should have) eliminated the eventual SB champs on the road.

Both Pitt & Seattle have players that have proven to be tough and have proven to not fold under pressure. To start ranking these teams before Halloween is a bit much, so I'd look for things to change before 2017 starts. Honestly : how many times in the past 15 years have people ranked Dallas as a contender just to see them crumble in the winter ?

The other point to consider is how much of a quarterback's league the NFL is, and where the top QBs lie. Teams in the NFC that haven't made anyone's list here nevertheless have guys like Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton, with whatever their current struggles might be have been winners in the past, or even Eli, with his two Super Bowls.

Compare that to the current AFC. Pop quiz: after Brady, who is the top AFC quarterback starting this week?

Well if Roethlisberger wasn't hurt I'd say him but since he is hurt I' say one of these three:

Carr
Rivers
Or Luck.

If I listed the top 3 AFC QB's

Brady
Garoppolo
Brissette :D

Well, after 7 weeks of play the AFC is closing the gap on the NFC.

AFCW 5-3 vs NFCS
AFCE 4-3 vs NFCW
AFCS 4-4 vs NFCN
AFCN 1-6 vs NFCE
Total 14-16

There are three inter-league games this week, Wash at Cincy, Detroit at Houston and Oakland at TB. If the AFC takes all three they would move ahead. Go AFC!

The AFC is really closing now.

Minnesota has fallen apart.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
The AFC is really closing now.

Minnesota has fallen apart.

That's it, we have a tie at 16-16-2.

It's going to be tough to stay there with the 3 games this week;
Dallas at Cleveland (Go Jaime!)
Buffalo at Seattle (Go Wrecks!)
Indy at Green Bay (Go... uh... Go Pack, screw it, we can catch up later)

Going into week 10 the NFC has a slight edge at 18-17-2. This week there are quite a few inter-conference games;
AFC home games;
LA at Jets
GB at Ten
Dal at Pitt
Sea at NE
NFC home games;
KC at Car
Den at NO
Cin at NYG

Go AFC! (except Denver and KC)

Well, the NFC is pulling away slightly with a 25-22-1 edge after going 7-5 in the last 2 weeks.

There's a chance to close the gap this week with these games;
Ten at Chic should be a win.
NYG at Clev not so much, but you never know.
SF at Miami should be a Fin win
Car at Oakland should be another AFC win

The AFC vs NFC record should get to 25-26-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call