PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC East- Thoughts on their picks

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So what are our East buddies looking for in this draft and how will it affect us if any?
The Bills now have 2 firsts as well. Do you think the Rats trade up for Sanchez if they get a chance?
thanks

Bills: OT, DE, TE. I think the Bills take Oher with their first pick, Pettigrew (or Nelson/Cook) in the second, and whichever edge rusher is available in the low twenties. The way Brown is falling, I wouldn't be shocked if he were there. He's a little undersized, but he would be a terror across from Schobel, assuming he regains his form. A good tight end would blow this offense wide open, to the point where it actually worries me. They could be very good this year.

Jets: QB, WR, TE, RB. I have to think that they don't have the ammo for Sanchez, but they may try to trade up for Freeman or trade with Washington for Campbell (which would give Washington the ability to package firsts and go get Sanchez). They have pretty much no WR corp, and I'm hoping and praying they blow a pick on Heyward-Bey, who has a good chance of busting with poor coaching/no QB. Keller is their only TE, and he's strictly a pass-catcher. Jones is 30, and Washington isn't an everydown back; maybe they grab a guy like Rashad Jennings (I'd hate to see him go to the Jets, but they could be interested).

Dolphins: WR, CB, LB, DT. I can't see Parcells putting up with Davis, even though he's exactly what they need. I'm gonna say they give Butler a long, hard look. They need a WR with size, reliable hands, and solid route-running. I can only think of two in the draft who could step in from day one, and lucky for the Phish they're both available: Nicks and Robiskie. They need a pass-rush badly, as Porter is old and they've got no one across from him, so I see a guy like English fitting in very nicely with their scheme. They also need a bigger nose tackle if they want their 34 to work well, but I don't think Brace will be available when they pick in the second.

- -=- -

Really, only the Dolphins are looking for similar players. The other teams will just help someone we like fall to us. :D

Bills: OT, DE, TE. I think the Bills take Oher with their first pick, Pettigrew (or Nelson/Cook) in the second, and whichever edge rusher is available in the low twenties. The way Brown is falling, I wouldn't be shocked if he were there. He's a little undersized, but he would be a terror across from Schobel, assuming he regains his form. A good tight end would blow this offense wide open, to the point where it actually worries me. They could be very good this year.

Jets: QB, WR, TE, RB. I have to think that they don't have the ammo for Sanchez, but they may try to trade up for Freeman or trade with Washington for Campbell (which would give Washington the ability to package firsts and go get Sanchez). They have pretty much no WR corp, and I'm hoping and praying they blow a pick on Heyward-Bey, who has a good chance of busting with poor coaching/no QB. Keller is their only TE, and he's strictly a pass-catcher. Jones is 30, and Washington isn't an everydown back; maybe they grab a guy like Rashad Jennings (I'd hate to see him go to the Jets, but they could be interested).

Dolphins: WR, CB, LB, DT. I can't see Parcells putting up with Davis, even though he's exactly what they need. I'm gonna say they give Butler a long, hard look. They need a WR with size, reliable hands, and solid route-running. I can only think of two in the draft who could step in from day one, and lucky for the Phish they're both available: Nicks and Robiskie. They need a pass-rush badly, as Porter is old and they've got no one across from him, so I see a guy like English fitting in very nicely with their scheme. They also need a bigger nose tackle if they want their 34 to work well, but I don't think Brace will be available when they pick in the second.

- -=- -

Really, only the Dolphins are looking for similar players. The other teams will just help someone we like fall to us. :D
Buffalo is looking for a pass rush, both English and Barwin are large enough to bulk up another 10-20 lbs and keep most of their explosiveness. Ayers is a good size for DE. With the shortage of true 4-3 DEs in this draft, some of the "hybrids" are going to be raided by needy 4-3 teams.

So what are our East buddies looking for in this draft and how will it affect us if any?
The Bills now have 2 firsts as well. Do you think the Rats trade up for Sanchez if they get a chance?
thanks

the bills needs OT DE TE there affect on us none they add it T.O so they are trying to become more of a passing team but then they go and trade a way there all pro LT ? that will help out there young QB lol and there RB has a 3 game suspension at best they are a 500 ball club

jets needs WR QB RB there affect on us none if they trade up to get Sanchez he still wont get them 13 wins as a rookie cause thats what it will take to win the AFC east

the fins needs OLB WR DL there affect on us none if they where drafting befor us i wound of said yes because they could have drafted the LB that we want but thay are not and the fins will not be as good as thay was last yer the pats will win the AFC east

I think the Phins could take the gamble on Barwin just below us...

I think the rumors of the Rams interest in Sanchez and trading Bulger to the Jets rings true and makes sense for both teams - with the exception of the cap hit on Bulger that the Rams will take

But I think they feel that Bulger is on the way down and now is the time to get a young QB of the future.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back