PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC East Coach Blasts Ryan: Could It Be BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are analyzing the semantics of this waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to much.

There is no difference between a coach of the Bills, with the Bills, from the Bills, or whatever.

"Hi, I'm with the Bills."

"Oh, are you a player?"

"No, I'm a coach."

"You're a coach of the Bills?"

"Yep, sure am."

Incorrect. The above conversation has no sportswriter or editor in it.

"So was he the head coach of the bills?"
"No, that's why I said 'a member of the Bills' coaching staff."
"But that makes him a coach of the Bills? Right?"
"Okay two things..."
"No TWO THINGS!!! ONE THING!!! EYES ON PAGES!!!"
"Okay I can't say his team, PROMISED!"
"Does this guy even exist?"
"Yeah he exists he gets the guys towels every WEEK!"
"Doens't matter right, no name, can't name the team..."
"He DOES..."
"Who CARES!!!! How about "a coach of another AFCE team..." "
"But that makes it sound like..."
"EYES ON PAGES TARDO! EYES ON PAGES!"

Now then, the editor can be external early on, but is much more likely to reside in the writer's own head when he's faced this conundrum repeatedly.

My understanding is the first time is the hardest one.

PFnV

Ryan will probably say it was BB because he can spell it.

you know who talks about "pelts" dont you? Parcells.

remember when he said that Drew had a "pelt" after he won the AFC Championship in 95

-- FRITZ
You're right. He uses that expression often, and I've never heard anyone else, coach or otherwise, use it. That doesn't mean someone else hasn't used it, but Parcells is the only one I've heard.

Last edited:
This definately isnt BB, BB is the type of coach that is gona make u eat ur words on the field and then still not say anything just not shake ur hand at the end of the game.. i dont think its any pats assistants either cuz most of them dont really talk, i dont think belichick lets them talk! haha

"Crowder? I thought you said 'chowder!'"

rex_ryan.jpg

you know who talks about "pelts" dont you? Parcells.

remember when he said that Drew had a "pelt" after he won the AFC Championship in 95

-- FRITZ

Bingo, I think we have a winner here.:D That's the first coach that came to me also. I just think that is so Parcells like.

Lots of coaches aren't head coaches. I don't see anything in this article that makes me think there are only 3 people to choose from.

Bingo, we have Bingo.

Lots of coaches aren't head coaches. I don't see anything in this article that makes me think there are only 3 people to choose from.

Great pickup. And note that the article describes the sources as "a coach of another AFC East Squad." It also doesn't say "team," but "squad," which could apply to the Offense or Defense or any of the multiple other units ("squads") on a "team" that have their own "coach." Also, it doesn't say "the" coach but "a" coach. "The coach" would unambiguously point to the HC. "A coach" is, to my reading, ambiguous.

Last edited:
Great pickup. And note that the article describes the sources as "a coach of another AFC East Squad." It also doesn't say "team," but "squad," which could apply to the Offense or Defense or any of the multiple other units ("squads") on a "team" that have their own "coach." Also, it doesn't say "the" coach but "a" coach. "The coach" would unambiguously point to the HC. "A coach" is, to my reading, ambiguous.
Yeah, it could refer to anyone on the coaching staff. Almost certainly is a coordinator or a position coach.

Ryan should take a lesson from whoever said these things...say them anonymously.

The choice of words and terminology points to the Tuna.

The choice of words and terminology points to the Tuna.

interesting. anything specific you can point out? phrases he's used in the past?

(BTW, for those who will say we're getting carried away with this exegesis, this is all just good fun during the silly season between mini camp and training camp when even Yoda is away from the game and on Nantucket.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes