PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship or total bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team will not even make the playoffs. Sorry to disappoint you.

My sentiment exactly, why make the playoffs for the sake of making the Playoffs? If you have no legitimate chance to even win the AFC championship you might as well go 9-7 or 8-8 and get a middle of the pack first rounder, they had no problem with the #10 pick did they.

oww, guess none of u guys ever heard of "anything can happen in the playoffs"

In a year when Tom Brady goes down...anything short of AFC title game is a bust?

Of course, it is because our O is pretty much the same as last year. What kind of improvement will Cassel have if we don't win AFC championship?

01 rookie TB brought us a SB ring without Moss and Welker. Why can't Cassel do when he was in the system for 4 years?

Of course, it is because our O is pretty much the same as last year. What kind of improvement will Cassel have if we don't win AFC championship?

01 rookie TB brought us a SB ring without Moss and Welker. Why can't Cassel do when he was in the system for 4 years?

Because he's not and will never be as good as Tom Brady.

It would suck for the Pats not to make the playoffs, but not unbelievable considering the extent of the injuries this season.

With that said, I couldn't stomach watching Seyton & the Dolts make it knowing they should've been buried by now, and the Pats not make it.

Considering that we have an easy schedule and Cassel is improving, will you consider this season to be successful or disappointment if we don't make it to AFC championship game?

Given the fact that we've had two money games in three weeks against ok or ok+ teams (colts and jets) and lost both of them, I would say that making it to the AFCCG would be a major accomplishment and that just getting to the Playoffs will be a big win, though by no means a certainty at this point.

Have to win the Super Bowl or it's time wasted for this dynasty.
Boy, you sure can tell who the post-2001 fans are around here.

If you aren't better than every other AFC team every year, then you suck.

Talk about spoiled fans!

Boy, you sure can tell who the post-2001 fans are around here.

If you aren't better than every other AFC team every year, then you suck.

Talk about spoiled fans!

I am spoiled, yes, but only in the sense that I was too young to remember the Rod Rust years. I've been there from the beginning of the Parcells era, when things weren't great but they were on the up-and-up.

As a fan, I am allowed to have high expectations when the team itself places great expectations on themselves. I am proud to be so privileged. If mediocrity is good enough to whet your appetite, more power to you. I expect more from the Pats, and so do they.

I'm always supportive and always hopeful, even during dejecting times. That's what it means to be a fan. Win or lose this is still my team, our team, and I'm disappointed that you called me out like that. Uncalled for.

Considering that we have an easy schedule and Cassel is improving, will you consider this season to be successful or disappointment if we don't make it to AFC championship game?
ITS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP OR BUST PERIOD.:mad:

Agreed. I hope that Cassel delivers.

I'm not worried about Cassel...it's the rest of them who better deliver...

As for your assinine premise, grow up (and I know you're probably older than dirt and a fan for 300 years) because BB sets goals for his team rationally and this year even with Brady those were make the playoffs, win the division, win the conference, win it all. I know for many of you last year was a complete failure. Only Bill says for the team it was not, it was something special - just not as special as it could have been had they won one more game.

Is this team the best in the AFC? No. The only position that can make that claim is Wide Receiver. QB is solid, the OL is good but sometimes flaky, RBs are banged up. The D line is talented, the LBs are a mixture of spectacular (Mayo), injured (Thomas) and aging. The DBs may be the worst unit in contention for a playoff spot. Special teams are good and the kicking game is solid. Statistically the Pats rank in the middle to lower half in most categories. Therefore we are underdogs to win the AFC.

If we win it, then all the better. It will be like 2001 all over again. But I'm not going to denegrate this team as disappointing if they make the playoffs and fall to a better (read healthier) side.

This team will not even make the playoffs. Sorry to disappoint you.

You know, for any other team in the league right now, were they in the Pats' position, I'd agree with you. And, the odds are clearly against them making the Playoffs, as the Jets are a game ahead and Miami has a much easier schedule.

But, this is a team that's gone to five of the last seven AFCCG's and has a lot of "institutional" memory of winning when everyone says they can't, so ruling them out in such uncertain terms is not smart.

Saying it's a tough road or even unlikely? Yeah, that's appropriate. But ruling them out? Nope.

That's a joke right??????? Playoffs are a push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News