PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game : Patriots vs. Colts -- Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right because if manning hits 50% of the passes he overthrew or missed it would be a different game, Brady won't miss that many and Denver's receivers dropped a lot of them also.

Yea I don't think Brady even attempts some of those in the first place

Stork played very well week 11 vs the Colts too. Hope he can go. The line didn't skip a beat without him though. The replacements aren't great, but they are vets that have been here before.

Very much agree. I was pleasantly surprised how well the line played with Wendell at C and Kline at RG.

We'll have to get pressure up the middle from Hightower and Collins blitzing because BB will probably use Nink and Jones to keep Luck in the pocket.

I think on the AFC side, the Pats were significantly better than any of the other teams. Flacco stepped up his game which none of us expected. Against the NFC in the Super Bowl is another story. I am scared of the Seahawks and think if the Packers with a healthy Rodgers is a very tough game. Not scared of Indy at all though.

I think Flacco gets his respect after this one. He deserves it. I thought he would come to play. I also think this is the best BB coached secondary he's seen so I didn't expect 4 TD's, but the guy is a gamer. He's a better, more consistent Eli Manning. I agree we are the better team in the AFC. We compete in every phase and can game plan around the strengths of most teams in our conference effectively.

Didn't mean to take it out on you the guy you quoted trolled people discussing the game last week and all it did was stifle discussion. Not your problem, my bad.

Revis did great against Reggie Wayne last time. And I don't remember Hilton being much of a factor. But we gotta stop Fleener. He gave us problems.

Moncrief has also played great for a rookie so watch out for him

I think on the AFC side, the Pats were significantly better than any of the other teams. Flacco stepped up his game which none of us expected. Against the NFC in the Super Bowl is another story. I am scared of the Seahawks and think if the Packers with a healthy Rodgers is a very tough game. Not scared of Indy at all though.

I want to be scared of the Seahawks but just look at the QBs they've faced since week 7.

I know the pats have blown them out the last two times they played them but I still think they have the talent at QB to give the pats a good game

are we gonna unleash Jonas Gray again? why or why not?

The Pats scrapped their entire running game because they tailor their offense to attack the opposing defense's weaknesses. It was no different last night than all year. The Pats went run heavy the last two times they faced the Colts because of it (rushed 46 times in the AFC division round last year and 44 times in the regular season this year). It wasn't because they were afraid to run the ball against the Ravens. it was because they know the best way to win was to spread out the Ravens and throw against them.

Right. They recognized the strengths of the Ravens. It's not fear. It's a healthy respect. I think
Last night was the farthest I've seen them go in a long time as far as game plan specific attack. Like the all pass offense against Minnesota years ago when they had the Williams Wall.

The last time we played the Colts, Revis took Wayne out of the game. I have been noticing that the Colts have been going to Moncrief more, I wonder if they will have Revis on him this upcoming game.

The only thing which will make me cringe in this matchup how BB clams up scared vs mobile QBs . But 3 of the 4 Qbs in the final 4 are mobile so have other choice.
which one of the QB's scored a rushing TD this weekend? :)

hopefully defense kicks into high gear and cotains edge well.

I want to be scared of the Seahawks but just look at the QBs they've faced since week 7.
the Seahawks defense is for real but they have no one at WR they just lost there #2 WR a rookie with 200 yards rec on the year if the packers hold there run game in check they will be playing in the SB

They are dominating offenses no matter who they face. I still think that even though the Pats can do better than the teams they faced, the Seahawks have the ability to give Brady and company fits.

Right. They recognized the strengths of the Ravens. It's not fear. It's a healthy respect. I think
Last night was the farthest I've seen them go in a long time as far as game plan specific attack. Like the all pass offense against Minnesota years ago when they had the Williams Wall.

They respected their run defense, but I think they didn't respect their passing defense at all. They didn't even try to run the ball just to make the Ravens think about the run at all. They just lined up and threw over and over again and dared the Ravens to get to Brady or shut down his receivers.

They are dominating offenses no matter who they face. I still think that even though the Pats can do better than the teams they faced, the Seahawks have the ability to give Brady and company fits.
And the run defense was a little suspect last night. Can't tell if rust and great running by forsett or our guys not doin well.

I'm not sure Wayne is such a threat any more to warrant occupying Revis all day

And the run defense was a little suspect last night. Can't tell if rust and great running by forsett or our guys not doin well.

Personally, I think part of it was the Pats just didn't care if the Ravens ran on them as long as they were not getting beat down the field.

The last time we played the Colts, Revis took Wayne out of the game. I have been noticing that the Colts have been going to Moncrief more, I wonder if they will have Revis on him this upcoming game.

I have to think that Revis would still be on Wayne. Maybe even Hilton at times to change it up. But....... Here is the only storyline that counts : BB will REFUSE to show ANY kind of respect for the clock or any other time keeping devices ! Jonas Gray, stay in the dog house my friend.

playoffs are different so will be surprised it goes like the first game. And wont be surprised if pats try and throw more just to out think the colts trying to stop the run. After the 45-3 win and subsequent loss in the post season, I have learnt my lesson to take nothing for granted.

Fleener will be an issue. Who will cover him? He is no slow TE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes