PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game: Jets at Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Steelers trying to lose the game?

Hate to be a PITT fan right now, probably pulled all of their hair out by now.

Almost seems that way, doesn't it? We mostly screwed up two plays, they're trying to gift wrap this.

Re: Thats LT in a nutshell

Did you seriously just make a thread about LT and only write 3 words? Of course this could have easily been included in the Jets Steelers thread.

Stop. Think. Post.

Why did Nantz think the Jets would go for 2?

Either way the Jets need a TD to win. Going for two would allow the Jets to tie if Steelers kick an FG.

i think ben R is going to choke or pitt is going to run 3 times and play defense again and lose

Good return

Get ready to see the Jersey Shore cast at the Super bowl decked out in Jets gear.

Sanchez is going to be a pain in our rear end for some time I fear.

He makes some silly decisions, but he's learning all the time. It's hard not to like the kid.

I don't understand why so many are handing the game to the Jets... they need a TD, their defense needs a stop here, and the Jets' late TD comebacks this season have all been against bad defenses. I think PIT wins.

He is good. He's a good complement to our offense.

You don't think defenses key on Brady? Are you under the impression they key on BJ and he gains yardage despite that?

Because the Jets can change the defense within the same play, or at least the next play. Why would people think the jets would stay in a defense that wasn't working?

I do think the defense keys on Brady. I don't think the Jets would stay in a defense that wasn't working, which is the point, you force them to adjust their defense to stop the run and open up the pass. This is basic football.

Is one more first down to much to ask for here ... :confused:

I don't understand why so many are handing the game to the Jets... they need a TD, their defense needs a stop here, and the Jets' late TD comebacks this season have all been against bad defenses. I think PIT wins.

Because the Steelers haven't shown the ability to get a first down in this half.

That return was huge! If the Jets do get the ball back they will likely have to go the entire field

Why would they? Being down by 5 vs. down by 4 only helps you if they kick a FG, in which case you still need to score again, and you can cross that bridge then.

Down 4, a TD puts em up three, can survive a Pitt FG.

Why would they? Being down by 5 vs. down by 4 only helps you if they kick a FG, in which case you still need to score again, and you can cross that bridge then.

But if the Jets score a quick TD, fumble recovery, 3 and out, punt return etc Pitt only needs a Fg to win instead of toie.

If the jets score another TD a FG will win for Pitt.

Nope, the Jets can go for 2 then. For now, there's no point, it would just make Pittsburgh's job easier than it has to be if you don't get it.

The Jets are a team of destiny.

Why didnt they go for 2?
Would have made it 24-20, still need a TD to go ahead for JEts and FG does no good...
BUT if they miss, it;s 24-18 and a Steeler FG makes it 27-19, a two score game.....

Either way the Jets need a TD to win. Going for two would allow the Jets to tie if Steelers kick an FG.

They still can if they get another TD. In the mean time, they don't run the risk of letting the Steelers make it a 2 possession game with a FG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back