PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game: Jets at Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
one more down and it's all over.

They're going to run it to eat clock, and punt the ball.

Big 3rd down. Jets will get the ball back.

One more first down ices the game.

I don't think they're going to get it. Pittsburgh's going to run the ball here so they can burn time off the clock then put the ball in the hands of their defense (unless Mendenhall gets the first down).

One can argue that he is the most clutch QB of 2010. All the last game rallies, even the lame PI call vs. Denver. No matter how much I want to hate him, I don't see him getting worse.

Agreed, credit where it's due. Even in last year's playoffs he was quite efficient after sucking in the reg season

Steelers 172 yards rushing ... wonder if that is the most vs the Jets this year?

Mendenhall 25 carries ... old school football right there.

Yeah, reminds me of when a certain team on Rte 1 in Foxborough could feed it to two guys who wore #28 about 20-25 times a game....:mad::mad: instead of this split the carries BULLSH#T

Sanchez will get the ball back.

This is where legends are born.

2 bad center snaps already in this game....

Absolutely...Big Ben for all his heroics is just as likely to throw a tipped ball, fumble a snap, or get strip-sacked. Plus, this Jets team has shown itself to be a tough kill. I'll breath easier when the clock read 0:00.

More than likely Jets will get the ball back...crap

So many times this season they've pulled out W's out of their you know what...If they do it again on this stage I'll be eternally demoralized...lets hope it doesn't get to that lol

I don't think they're going to get it. Pittsburgh's going to run the ball here so they can burn time off the clock then put the ball in the hands of their defense (unless Mendenhall gets the first down).

Agreed, Tomlin is very conservative in these situations. So I'm also guessing they run

I do think the defense keys on Brady. I don't think the Jets would stay in a defense that wasn't working, which is the point, you force them to adjust their defense to stop the run and open up the pass. This is basic football.

The point is, they would love us to run the ball the whole game and they would run the ball against our depleted line.

Games are won and lost by small edges. Take Brady out of the game and Ryan would lick your tootsies.

You can play pass defense on one down and run defense on the next, you know. That's how you get a three and out.

Of course running the ball with our powerful, athletic running back, ripping defenders in the open field, bouncing outside for 20-30 yard runs would mess them up, as a strategy.

Holy ****. The empty again? Do they not learn?

Is it ridiculous to run a reverse at this time? It keeps it on the ground and may be a huge gain.?

One can argue that he is the most clutch QB of 2010. All the last game rallies, even the lame PI call vs. Denver. No matter how much I want to hate him, I don't see him getting worse.

Part of the reason why he was so clutch was because he played like crap for 3 or 3 1/2 quarters and came through in the end. I don't know if you can continue to be successful that way year after year. Even in this game, if the Steelers' offense didn't collapse in the second half the Jets would not be having a chance here.

if anyone thinks it sover...remember the jets game vs denver. a PI call and they win..i would believe it until clock reads 0

Wow, didn't see that coming. Playing to win makes you look like a genius when it works, hahaha.

yes

yes

yes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back