PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter: Patriots new America's team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave up looking for it.

whatever...expect many more such articles this week now that we got past the steelers and the last game is on NFLN. Nothing worth of note from the article ..IMO

Gave up looking for it.
I saw it last night, he was basically just talking about everyone in the country who can watches the Patriots to see all the possible records, 16-0, scoring, TD passes, etc, maybe being broken.

Great video. Basically noting that everyone is watching the Patriots. Watching to see if Brady will beat Manning's touchdown record, see if Moss beats Rice's receiving touchdown record, and so on. Everyone is watching to see if New England reaches perfection.

Is New England America's team? I'd like to think so, but I'm sure many across the nation would disagree. But again, everyone is watching them.

I dunno, NE appears to lack a big national following.
You never see a huge amount of Pats fans at road games, nothing like the Sox.
If they were having this season can imagine ALL of their away games being packed with their fans?

This season? Yes, without a doubt.

But overall it remains the Cowboys. Hard to be American's team when you're not even the first beloved team in the state.

Thats because any city besides Boston you can walk in and buy tickets the day of the game in baseball.

Good ratings doesn't make them America's team any more than ratings for a public execution makes the person being executed Time's Man of the Year.

I love the Pats but a lot of people are tuning in hoping to see them lose, plain and simple. That's hardly the same as the bandwagon fans the Cowboys enjoyed throughout the 70s when they got that stupid title of America's team.

I hate to say it but the Steelers are probably closer to America's Team than anyone else including the Cowboys. They've got fans all over the place.

well they are called the PATRIOTS. Who else should be americas team?

The ironic thing is that one of the two road games this year that (reportedly) had the biggest turnout of Patriots fans was against the Dallas Cowboys.

I think the title of America's team is horse****, so I'd prefer it not used to refer to my team. Primarily because there is no "America's team," there is your team and my team, and to give a team a title like that implies two things: 1) All of America loves the aforementioned team (which will never happen), or 2) All of America is (at worst) indifferent towards that team (i.e., they do not root against them). Insofar as I can tell, there has never been an "America's team," 'cause it sure as hell hasn't been Dallas and it sure as hell isn't the New England Patriots, because a huge majority of fans root against both of these teams.

If you'd like to boil it down to something as materialistic as TV draw, or merchandise sales, like our good friend Mr. Schefter, well, that's not America's team, either, that's "America's (Most Watched) Team."

I just vomitted in my own mouth. Please, let's not embrace this "America's Team" stuff. I absolutely HATE the Cowboys for trying to claim that.

Nobody is America's team. It is true that the Pats (being from the area that sparked the revolution) and Washington (being the capital) have the best claim. However, no one should claim it. It is beyond dumb.

Dallas, hailing from the Lone Star state (where residents still gush how their constitution grants them the right of succession - good luck with that) has NO business making such a claim.

I don't care how good you are, nobody is America's Team.

Last edited:
I like Schefter, but he's the mark. We're the bad guys, and people are tuning in hoping to watch our downfall. Let them root against us. Being the bad guys is more fun, skip the pretense crap and just beat the shyt out of other teams.

If they were having this season can imagine ALL of their away games being packed with their fans?

Huh? Both road games I was at this year. (Dallas and New York) There was more representation of Patriots fans, than I have ever seen going to Camden Yards to see the Sox.

I expect the same to be true with the week 17 game back at the Medowlands.

Last edited:
I don't think this could be farther from the truth. To be America's team, I think America needs to route for you. That is certainly not the case with the Pats. People follow them nationwide but the overall sentiment is America wants them to lose. This is like calling Vick the NFL's poster child.

I just vomitted in my own mouth. Please, let's not embrace this "America's Team" stuff. I absolutely HATE the Cowboys for trying to claim that.

Nobody is America's team. It is true that the Pats (being from the area that sparked the revolution) and Washington (being the capital) have the best claim. However, no one should claim it. It is beyond dumb.

Dallas, hailing from the Lone Star state (where residents still gush how their constitution grants them the right of succession - good luck with that) has NO business making such a claim.

I don't care how good you are, nobody is America's Team.
Its why I hate the cowboys too. I never liked someone telling me that they WERE MY team. I remember that someone said it and Dallass ran with it for promotional reasons.

Huh? Both road games I was at this year. (Dallas and New York) There was more representation of Patriots fans, than I have ever seen going to Camden Yards to see the Sox.

I expect the same to be true with the week 17 game back at the Medowlands.

I don't doubt that there was a great number of Pats fans there but more representation than Camden Yards? When the Sox play there its like a home game with over half of the stadium filled with Sox fans. Are you saying that more than half the stadium was Patriots fans? I find that hard to believe.

What a stupid article and thread.

What the hell is "Americas Team" supposed to mean?

That the whole country are now Pats bandwagon fans??

What a stupid phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand