PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter: Mankins played the entire year with a torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't believe it when Schefter reported it. Love the guy even more!

If the Shefter report is true they shouldn't have reported it, to hell with the NFL's rules, there's no need to tell teams he has a knee issue and have them going at the knee in that condition.
Also :

"Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
Questions about Mankins not being on injury report in '11: If injury wasn't known, didn't affect practice, didn't need to be on report."

What a freaking beast.

Interesting fact considering how much Mankins was ripped for not being a team player when he held out in 2010.

He was well within his right to hold out considering the odd circumstances that led him to that point. I don't remember hearing him complain much about being in that position either.

He really played an entire NFL season with a torn ACL? Now THAT is what I call tough.

I can hear some of the Jest fans now... yeah, well, it was only a partial tear...

Mankins played the entire '11 season with a torn ACL!!!

OOps. delete plz.

Last edited:
Logan Mankins ~ Super Beast!!

Brother Yates Quotes Brother Mankins:

"There's guys across the league playing hurt all the time, so I don't think I'm nothing special," he said. "I'm a football player. If I get hurt and I can still be out there, I'm going to be out there for my teammates. Last year was the first game that I missed due to injury at the end of the year, and theres nothing worse than watching your guys out there. I don't want to miss one play, let alone a game, so I'm going to do what it takes to be out there."

Unbelievable.

...Because if you understand Logan Mankins, you know he means every word.

I know he was a classic "WTF" Belichickian Pick, but I have always savored the Works of the Trench Warriors like Mankins...and was almost bursting with Glee when I heard his name called, that fine April day...

"I don't think I'm nothing special."

There, Brother Mankins, you are mistaken.

Last edited:
If the Shefter report is true they shouldn't have reported it, to hell with the NFL's rules, there's no need to tell teams he has a knee issue and have them going at the knee in that condition.

I'm sorry that I can only like this once. As frustrating as it can be getting info out of BB, it is instances like this that BB's lack of being forthcoming pays dividends.

Imagine how would opponents take advantage of information like this?

Logan Mankins ~ Super Beast!!

Field Yates of ESPN Quotes Logan Mankins:

"There's guys across the league playing hurt all the time, so I don't think I'm nothing special," he said. "I'm a football player. If I get hurt and I can still be out there, I'm going to be out there for my teammates. Last year was the first game that I missed due to injury at the end of the year, and theres nothing worse than watching your guys out there. I don't want to miss one play, let alone a game, so I'm going to do what it takes to be out there." ~ Logan Mankins

Unbelievable.

...Because if you understand Logan Mankins, you know he means every word.

I know he was a classic "WTF" Belichickian Pick, but I have always savored the Works of the Trench Warriors like Mankins...and was almost bursting with Glee when I heard his name called, that fine April day...

"I don't think I'm nothing special."

There, Brother Mankins, you are mistaken.

Last edited:
Hes one tough dude but I watched the whole year with a bad hip :snob: didnt miss a game!

Last edited:
I kinda believe that Mankins never let the Pats know that his knee was bad. I think the Pats' medical staff would never give the Pats the ok to play the entire season with a torn ACL. There was never a report I know if that he got an MRI which usually gets reported.

I don't think the Pats did anything wrong.

"That guy's hardcore." - Chuck Norris

I'd love for any fan of an opposing team to try and spin this in a negative way. You can't not respect Mankins for this level of tenacity and sheer badassitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back