PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AD talks, says he called in advance that he would be late, watched film at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
iam not absolving BB for the mistakes this season.dont get me wrong.But AD could just shut up and earn his millions by being on time and being a good soldier when he is earning a paycheck from the same team which expects a lot of him thats all.

or maybe he is that adamant about some of the decision the front office / coaching has made. instead of playing over seymour, he's playing over jarvis green who gets ragdolled by the OG leaving the OT free to deal with AD 1 on 1. there are alot of things that from AD's perspective BB has done wrong.

look on the passing downs.....play after play after play, the OG's got green locked down (0 sacks........it is a wonder to me why nobody is calling this turd out) mcginest never had to deal with that.......colvin never had to deal with that. its not like AD is in the same spot that those guys were in

Re: AD talks, says he called in advance that he would be late

i think the same. BB tried to establish new leaders in mayo and co andit hasnt worked and maybe has rubbed some of the seniors the wrongway.
When BB came here,mcginest ,bru etc all grew into the role.BB cultivated the habit of having his captains police the locker room and meeting with the captains every week.Right now his choice of team leaders has let him down. Mcdaniels did the smart thing with getting dawkins.
This whole thing could go either way. It could tank our season or galvanize brady and co.

what do you mean 'mayo and co.'??? who else is there to replace bruschi,vrabel,harrison?

Taking everything into account--the hype before he got here, his contract, expectations, how his failing to live up to expectations is killing the team--Thomas might be my least favorite Patriot ever.

you blaming everything on AD? AD is killing this team? think again

Not a smart idea to publicly dis da boss.

Last edited:
or maybe he is that adamant about some of the decision the front office / coaching has made. instead of playing over seymour, he's playing over jarvis green who gets ragdolled by the OG leaving the OT free to deal with AD 1 on 1. there are alot of things that from AD's perspective BB has done wrong.

look on the passing downs.....play after play after play, the OG's got green locked down (0 sacks........it is a wonder to me why nobody is calling this turd out) mcginest never had to deal with that.......colvin never had to deal with that. its not like AD is in the same spot that those guys were in

All that you wrote here sounds like whining crybaby-style to me.

AD: "They really don't give a damn"

Adalius: 'Theres nothing to really apologize about' - Extra Points - Boston.com
I pulled Thomas aside after the masses left, and asked him if he felt like this was done to publicly embarrass the players in question, and whether he felt the burn of being the martyr twice now.

"It's not like it was just me," Thomas told me. "I don't try to figure it out. I really don't. I could care less what the reason is. I seek to understand, not to be understood. I'm done with all the phonetics, trying to figure it out. I'm really done with that. Whatever I'm asked to do, I'm gonna do."

So then I asked if he felt like he was being treated like an adult.

"I don't know," he continued. "It's not up to me. It's his team, he does what he wants to do with it. So he takes the credit for it, he takes the blame for it, I guess that's how it goes. And if you do that, you're going to do things your way. This is his way."

Thomas did explain that arrived less than 10 minutes late, by himself, and was notified by Belichick that he was to go home. He wanted to clear the air on that, and made a phone call, he said, "to be professional" and let people know he was stuck and was going to be late.

But he said over and over again, that he's "dumbfounded" by the events of yesterday.

"I mean, I could've been in a ditch," he said. "They really don't give a damn. Hey, as long as you aren't in that meeting, they really don't give a (bleep)."

the thing I can't get over is how it seems these guys dont value the situation thy're in.

If you were to tell me that I could play professional football? with Tom Brady? With Bill Belichick? You'd have to kick me out of the practice facility. there would be no drive to work because i'd be there already.

As it stands, I'm an old fat guy who can't outrun a ham sandwich. I would be so grateful if I was ever in their shoes.

You can seriously defend him again today, can you?

Why wouldn't I?

I'm sorry, but I don't jump with the lemmings, and I don't bash players for things I don't believe they deserve to be bashed for. It's telling that all the threads have been crushing AD, while Guyton's gotten a complete pass on this. This hasn't been about AD being late because of bad weather, it's been about AD not playing up to his contract in the eyes of people here, and one should have nothing to do with the other.

Why wouldn't I?

I'm sorry, but I don't jump with the lemmings, and I don't bash players for things I don't believe they deserve to be bashed for. It's telling that all the threads have been crushing AD, while Guyton's gotten a complete pass on this. This hasn't been about AD being late because of bad weather, it's been about AD not playing up to his contract in the eyes of people here, and one should have nothing to do with the other.

You do know that whole lemmings deal isn't true, right? ;)

So whats your solution . BB listens to AD and does whatever AD asks him to ? Just because BB doesnt tell his side of the story doesnt mean AD is right.
So bb made mistakes.lot of mistakes. Agreed. What is the solution ? Get rid of him because he is adamant and not flexible and got rid of seymour ?

you blaming everything on AD? AD is killing this team? think again

No, I'm not blaming everything on Thomas. But his suckiness is an absolutely HUGE problem for this team. Is he responsible for injuries on the offensive line, uninspired offensive playcalling? Of course not. But if you turned Thomas into the beast he was supposed to be--complete with showing character that could lead this team--it's scary what a difference that would make.

The Adalius Thomas New England Patriots career death watch has kicked into high gear. The guy is arse. Belichick may be an arse too, but he is the boss with the hardware cred. You don't speak out against the head coach no matter what.

At this point Adalius Thomas is the problem, not part of the solution. He isn't good enough to be talking like this.

Re: AD:"They really don't give a damn"

He calls ahead to let them know - but he could have been in a ditch.

OK, Adalius, OK. Whatever you say.

No, I'm not blaming everything on Thomas. But his suckiness is an absolutely HUGE problem for this team. Is he responsible for injuries on the offensive line, uninspired offensive playcalling? Of course not. But if you turned Thomas into the beast he was supposed to be--complete with showing character that could lead this team--it's scary what a difference that would make.

Sometimes you have to do what the coaches ask you to even if its not what you want. Ask Troy brown playing DB or vrabel playing ILB. Has thomas ever shown that leadership for all the money he earns ?

well....its hard to make tackles when you get benched.....not sticking up for him, but I do believe there is alot of reaping what the front office has sown going on right now. you want to blame the players? fine.....but it was BB who fielded a team in week 1 with AD as the only OLB to have ever proven anything remotely resembling a starter

That's probably what Willie was thinking when Belichick signed Vrabel off the street to start opposite him in 2001. Or Rodney Harrison thought when he was lining up Earthwind Moreland in his secondary...or Tom Brady throwing balls to street FA's. But amazing things can happen when guys buy into a system and give it their all. Read what Brady said yesterday about how he owes it to his teamates and not just the organization signing his paycheck to bring everything he's got every day from film rooms to weight rooms to meeting rooms to practice fields to NFL fields. Because in this game what one player chooses to do and the effort he expends effects the ability of countless others who have invested their blood, sweat and tears into a season to achieve their goals as well.

That's what makes football different. The impact one player has on the ability of the 10 other guys he plays alongside or the 53+ who show up to do battle alongside him each week to succeed.

You do know that whole lemmings deal isn't true, right? ;)

Yes, but it's become an accepted way to use the term, even if the lemmings don't actually take that flying leap. It's much faster to speak/write than the old "If your friends jumped off the Golden Gate bridge, would you?".

Last edited:
So whats your solution . BB listens to AD and does whatever AD asks him to ? Just because BB doesnt tell his side of the story doesnt mean AD is right.
So bb made mistakes.lot of mistakes. Agreed. What is the solution ? Get rid of him because he is adamant and not flexible and got rid of seymour ?

there is no solution right now. I have said that the seymour deal was a good one and that the pats will have to live with what they have. but to blame AD because he has green instead of seymour next to him is pretty silly, too.

its obvious that thomas' time here is done. I want him gone. but my point is that the whole situation has been created for good OR bad, by BB. I am not singling out AD for the problems of the defense......that's all.

Start playing up to your paycheck and maybe we'll take you seriously AD.

without a single other OLB worth an NFL gig? so BB bet farm on AD being a monster this year? great logic

I'm done with all the phonetics

I think he was done with phonetics when he started refusing to say the "i" in his first name.

Adalius should be pronounced the same way you would Julius Caesar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News