PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AD talks, says he called in advance that he would be late, watched film at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AD:"They really don't give a damn"

It would have been a lot smarter for AD to just come out and say "I accept responsibility for my tardiness. I realize I have a professional responsibility, like my teammates, despite the inclement weather. Thus, I have no problem bearing the consequences."

Interesting you don't hear Moss, Guyton, or Burgess whining about this situation.

I call all of the time when I'm late for work. I'm still reprimanded when I get there. It happens.

Millions of people had to drive through sh!tty weather to work yesterday (me among them). Some didn't plan (and perhaps called too) and were late due to the weather. Most of them got crap from the their bosses as a result.

Some (myself included, and apparently many Patriots players), knew the weather was gonna be crappy, planned and left early to take into account these factors. In fact, I planned extra good and got in earlier then normal. My boss gave me an atta-boy. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

I have ZERO sympathy for AD (or the other late players). Zip, Zilch, Nada.

Why wouldn't I?

I'm sorry, but I don't jump with the lemmings, and I don't bash players for things I don't believe they deserve to be bashed for. It's telling that all the threads have been crushing AD, while Guyton's gotten a complete pass on this. This hasn't been about AD being late because of bad weather, it's been about AD not playing up to his contract in the eyes of people here, and one should have nothing to do with the other.

Guyton got a pass? Why, did he not get the same punishment as AD? He did, just like he should have. AD gets more sh!t for this, and from the team because it's 2nd act of douche-baggary this season (the other, which we don't know the full details of) results in his healthy-scratch.

I'm fuggin tired of the AD experiment. And yeah, at this point, I'd rather see a scrub in there in his place on principle, even if it cost's us a game or two. I'm in for the long haul, I'd rather see BB go nuclear on this soft-azz defense and right-off the season to get this house back in order, then sacrifice principles and let this stuff fester for another win or two to get into the playoff and get smoked in one game.

AD might be wearing a Patriot jersey (for now), but he sure ain't no Patriot at this point. I say shelve his azz for the rest of the season (ala Glenn) and cut him in the off-season.

Last edited:

Seriously....the Patriots seem to have more issues this year than Tiger Wood having right now.

it was an example. like any of a bunch of logical reasons for being late.

face it......you're so in love with the man up front that he is absolved from any wrongdoing.
That's not true at all. I have some criticisms of Belichick now and in the past. But Thomas is being an illogical, moronic pr!ck. Again, if he was in any trouble other than just being late he would have said so when he called in.

florio of people puts it aptly

None of the other three players who were sent home -- Derrick Burgess, Randy Moss, and Gary Guyton -- have spoken publicly about the situation.

And what can they say? They get paid huge money to do something that kids and young men throughout the country do for free. They don't have to scrub toilets, they don't have to deal with dirty plates, they don't have to contend with rude customers who can't seem to understand the phrase "we're out of those right now," and they don't have to face anything else that goes along with having a real job.

Like those of us who have a real job (and I freely admit I'm no longer one of them), these men were held accountable for not following simple rules like "show up for work on time." So the best approach moving forward would be to say nothing at all about it.

And to show up for work on time.
Adalius Thomas "dumbfounded" by being sent home | ProFootballTalk.com

Can we seriously get rid of this whining sack of crap already. What a waste of money.

then who do you put in there this year? as bad as he is, he's as good as anyone else the pats have. which is the saddest part.

if BB cuts him now, then BB is not putting .... how does he say it........'in the best position to win next week'

That's not true at all. I have some criticisms of Belichick now and in the past. But Thomas is being an illogical, moronic pr!ck. Again, if he was in any trouble other than just being late he would have said so when he called in.

since you don't have all of the details of how this season has gone down, you are being presumptuous in your opinion. I'd bet because of your love affair with BB

Can we seriously get rid of this whining sack of crap already. What a waste of money.

I dunno, I don't think tanked_as_usual is costing us any money...

Last edited:

there is an obvious conflict of personality between the 2. and I blame BB for that since thomas would have never been here had BB not offered him a contract
And Thomas would never have been here had he not signed the contract.

I know he costs us money if we cut him and have to eat it. I'm not saying do it right now, but at this point, is there really any other alternative? The guy has no accountability for his own actions.

except that none of them except AD has already been admonished this year.

there is an obvious conflict of personality between the 2. and I blame BB for that since thomas would have never been here had BB not offered him a contract
iam sure all of us thought signing AD was bad move then . Seriosuly.BB rolled the dice assuming it would work and it hasnt. It isnt the first time he has missed.But he is still paid by the team so he can quit acting like a spoilt child in my opinion.

scapegoated by BB .? how do weknow ?has bb ever criticized any player publicly ? Doest matter what the coach decides personnel wise. It maybe the dumbest thing but you are paid to do what you areasked to and paid a lot so just suck it up and do it.Just my opinion. If these statements were made by bruschi or rodney i would have more credence to it than AD who frankly hasnt contributed anything leadership wise or play wise.

how do you know either way?

I mean none of us have the fact. the only fact I know is who BB selected to be the pats OLBs this year. maybe BB is singling him out ... it wouldn't be the first time

If he was in any serious trouble, when he called he would likely have said "I'm stuck in a ditch. HELP."

Come on man, get serious. This ditch thing is f*cking ******ed.

You're asking this Belichick hater to get serious.

how do you know either way?

I mean none of us have the fact. the only fact I know is who BB selected to be the pats OLBs this year. maybe BB is singling him out ... it wouldn't be the first time

Sure but AD is the only side we hear. I dont think BB is just being arrogant enough to single him out just so. BB made mistakes and he wants who he has to cover it up. Its not the first tme it has happened. When they signed monty beisel and chad brown and they sucked he asked vrabel to ILB.I didnt hear vrabel complaining ?

except that none of them except AD has already been admonished this year.

Did Bill hold a gun to Thomas' head to sign the contract?

or maybe he is that adamant about some of the decision the front office / coaching has made. instead of playing over seymour, he's playing over jarvis green who gets ragdolled by the OG leaving the OT free to deal with AD 1 on 1. there are alot of things that from AD's perspective BB has done wrong.

look on the passing downs.....play after play after play, the OG's got green locked down (0 sacks........it is a wonder to me why nobody is calling this turd out) mcginest never had to deal with that.......colvin never had to deal with that. its not like AD is in the same spot that those guys were in

Are you talking about pass rush? So you are complaining than an OLB has to pass rush against an OT "1 on 1"? That's the way it's supposed to be.

If he's lined up at 9 tech or at 4-3 OLB, if he can't beat a player 1 on 1 then he can't play in the NFL, plain and simple.

then who do you put in there this year? as bad as he is, he's as good as anyone else the pats have. which is the saddest part.

if BB cuts him now, then BB is not putting .... how does he say it........'in the best position to win next week'

BB got rid of starter Terry Glenn, replaced him with journeyman David Patten, went 11-5, and then won the Super Bowl.

I'm sure he's not afraid to cut him after the season when the cap hit is negligible. He doesn't play Thomas now, why would he be afraid?

Challenging Belichick?

That's not going to work. That much should be obvious to ALL.

He should have left 10 minutes earlier and he wouldn't have been 10 minutes late.

As far as Belichick, of course he's ultimately responsible. It's his fault the team has a few lazy sacks of s**t, but that doesn't absolve the lazy sacks of s**t from being lazy sacks of s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back