PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AD talks, says he called in advance that he would be late, watched film at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
or maybe he is that adamant about some of the decision the front office / coaching has made. instead of playing over seymour, he's playing over jarvis green who gets ragdolled by the OG leaving the OT free to deal with AD 1 on 1. there are alot of things that from AD's perspective BB has done wrong.

look on the passing downs.....play after play after play, the OG's got green locked down (0 sacks........it is a wonder to me why nobody is calling this turd out) mcginest never had to deal with that.......colvin never had to deal with that. its not like AD is in the same spot that those guys were in

Those things aren't his business. Doing his job is his business. If he wants to play in a place where the inmates run the asylum he can go join Richard in Oakland. When his contract is completed or this team is through dealing with him.

Last edited:
its obvious that thomas' time here is done. I want him gone. but my point is that the whole situation has been created for good OR bad, by BB. I am not singling out AD for the problems of the defense......that's all.

I agree with all of this. Unfortunately, we do not get to hear BBs side of the story, but it is naive to believe things got here solely due to ADs behavior/performance.

His first year, BB put him at ILB and while he was no Bruschi, he did a fine job. Last year, he played well until the injury. This year, people expect him to be the player he was with Baltimore... with our average front line.

Last edited:
Re: AD:"They really don't give a damn"

at some point, somebody is going to say this to BB
Lets fire BB .Who are your candidates for replacing him ? Any suggestions ?

No, I'm not blaming everything on Thomas. But his suckiness is an absolutely HUGE problem for this team. Is he responsible for injuries on the offensive line, uninspired offensive playcalling? Of course not. But if you turned Thomas into the beast he was supposed to be--complete with showing character that could lead this team--it's scary what a difference that would make.

Is he responsible for playing with a broken arm and getting IR'd last year? When healthy, he WAS a beast at times until this season--he didn't have any supporting cast of LB's around him and was asked to fit into a Belichick/Pees concocted scheme that, for whatever reasons, didn't allow him to play to his strengths. Not defending what he's doing now at all, he's clearly hurting this team way more than he is helping.

Last edited:
Those things aren't his business. Doing his job is his business. If he wants to play in a place where the inmates run the asylum he can go join Richard in Oakland. When his contract is completed or this team is through dealing with him.

it is also BB's job to properly staff this team. the OLB unit going into week 1 was a collective joke. I blame BB more for that than I do AD for his behavior now

I agree with all of this. Unfortunately, we do not get to hear BBs side of the story, but is is naive to believe things got here solely due to ADs behavior/performance.

part of this is everyone blaming AD (supposed to be the best OLB the pats have) for the rest of the OLB unit who would not have made this team 6 years ago. take a freaking look at the rest of the OLB unit. it is a practical joke

there is no solution right now. I have said that the seymour deal was a good one and that the pats will have to live with what they have. but to blame AD because he has green instead of seymour next to him is pretty silly, too.

its obvious that thomas' time here is done. I want him gone. but my point is that the whole situation has been created for good OR bad, by BB. I am not singling out AD for the problems of the defense......that's all.

As i said , AD could just be a company man and do what he istold even if its not in his best interests. Ask troy brown playing DB or players like vrabel whoplayed ILB when needed even if they were suited to play OLB best. So yes bb made mistakes and if he wants AD to play a certain way to cover up the team issues on defense created by BB himself he should do it and do it with lot of passion whether he likes it or not.Sadly BB doesnt take this shouting match in public so we will never hear his side of the storyso its naive to believe whatever AD is saying is true.

I don't have any sympathy for this millionaire. McDonald's cashiers and rent-a-cops were showing up to work on time yesterday, so why couldn't AD? My current employer has fired people for being less than five minutes late on several occasions. In certain vocations, lateness is completely unacceptable for any reason. It's unprofessional and it can interfere with everyone else's workday. I would think the NFL is one of those vocations.

As i said , AD could just be a company man and do what he istold even if its not in his best interests. Ask troy brown playing DB or players like vrabel whoplayed ILB when needed even if they were suited to play OLB best. So yes bb made mistakes and if he wants AD to play a certain way to cover up the team issues on defense created by BB himself he should do it and do it with lot of passion whether he likes it or not.Sadly BB doesnt take this shouting match in public so we will never hear his side of the storyso its naive to believe whatever AD is saying is true.

maybe he was a company man until he started being scapegoated for something he had no control over (ie the piss-poor personnel decisions at OLB)

Last edited:

cell phones don't work in ditches?
If he was in any serious trouble, when he called he would likely have said "I'm stuck in a ditch. HELP."

Come on man, get serious. This ditch thing is f*cking ******ed.

Lets fire BB .Who are your candidates for replacing him ? Any suggestions ?

is that what I said or are you simply insisting on not comprehending?

I hold BB 100% accountable for hte defensive problems of this team.

If he was in any serious trouble, when he called he would likely have said "I'm stuck in a ditch. HELP."

Come on man, get serious. This ditch thing is f*cking ******ed.

it was an example. like any of a bunch of logical reasons for being late.

face it......you're so in love with the man up front that he is absolved from any wrongdoing.

Can we seriously get rid of this whining sack of crap already. What a waste of money.

maybe he was a company man until he started being scapegoated for something he had no control over (ie the piss-poor personnel decisions at OLB)

scapegoated by BB .? how do weknow ?has bb ever criticized any player publicly ? Doest matter what the coach decides personnel wise. It maybe the dumbest thing but you are paid to do what you areasked to and paid a lot so just suck it up and do it.Just my opinion. If these statements were made by bruschi or rodney i would have more credence to it than AD who frankly hasnt contributed anything leadership wise or play wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back