PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AD on our lack of pass rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 93 attempts he has 3 sacks. No bad at all. TBC and Burgess are in the 200s and have 5 and 2 sacks respectfully.

A consistient effort is the problem w/ AD, which I would assume is one of the main reasons he is not getting more reps rushing the passer. Plus hes better in coverage and run D than TBC and Burgess which is another reason he is out there in those situations.

It's what the team requires. BB deserves some blame, but IMO AD has not bought into the defense's approach which is a problem.

AD doesn't get consistent chances at rushing the passer. Earlier in the season, he was rarely used as a rusher. Only recently has he gotten a chance (from what I've noticed anyways).

Whatever the case, Bill thinks it's better to sacrifice a better pass rush for a better coverage. I think that thinking is flawed. This guy should be rushing the QB at every opportunity. It's our main weakness and using our most effective asset at solving that weakness for something else is not working.

In 93 attempts he has 3 sacks. No bad at all. TBC and Burgess are in the 200s and have 5 and 2 sacks respectfully.

A consistient effort is the problem w/ AD, which I would assume is one of the main reasons he is not getting more reps rushing the passer. Plus hes better in coverage and run D than TBC and Burgess which is another reason he is out there in those situations.

It's what the team requires. BB deserves some blame, but IMO AD has not bought into the defense's approach which is a problem.

AD was strictly used as 2nd down player for most of the games. You are starting to see him in 3rd rarely .

AD is being paid $5M a year and has been given a very limited role. Apparently, Belichick has little confidence in him. No one knows why, as no one knows why Seymour and Hobbs are gone. AD has pi$$ed off Belichick and will join the others playing for another team next year.

One can only hope that Belichick isn't pi$$ed off at Wilfork, Bodden, Mankins and Gostkowski when the time come.

Here is a theory: BB plays the best players. Have you noticed ADs (lack of) production?

Have whatever theory you want. If the ship isn't righted, AD will help the jets to the divisional championship next year.

Here is a theory: BB plays the best players. Have you noticed ADs (lack of) production?

Have whatever theory you want. If the ship isn't righted, AD will help the jets to the divisional championship next year.

Worse case scenario would be if Seymour somehow hits free agency and the Jets make a run at him. It would suck to see Seymour destroy our OL.

Worse case scenario would be if Seymour somehow hits free agency and the Jets make a run at him. It would suck to see Seymour destroy our OL.

He'd be paired with Jennings, too. That line would probably be absolutely dominant until Jennings went on IR. It would be like the Patriots line used to be, because the blitzing behind that wall of players would have opponents soiling themselves.

iam quite sure they will make a run at him andhe will want to go there...

We have had problems with the defense of the jets. They likely will now likely be able to pick up AD and Seymour if they wish.

He'd be paired with Jennings, too. That line would probably be absolutely dominant until Jennings went on IR. It would be like the Patriots line used to be, because the blitzing behind that wall of players would have opponents soiling themselves.

Jenkins?

I'm about as afraid of AD on the Jets as I was about Pace going to the Jets... that is, not very.

Seymour, OTOH, would be quite a different story.

We have had problems with the defense of the jets. They likely will now likely be able to pick up AD and Seymour if they wish.

The Jets defense gave us a lot of problems this year. Out of the 8 quarters we played against them this year, we probably only played 2 quarters of good offense. If they can somehow add Seymour and AD (or a legit OLB that fits Rex's scheme), our offense is going to need a lot of help.

Conventional wisdom would lead us to believe that Al HAS to keep Seymour because of the bounty that he gave up. Somehow though, I have this gut feeling....

Jenkins?

I'm about as afraid of AD on the Jets as I was about Pace going to the Jets... that is, not very.

Seymour, OTOH, would be quite a different story.

Yes, Jenkins. Sorry, I'd just read a thread where someone was bemoaning the lost Jackson/Jennings opportunity.

The jets will likely find a legit OLB. I don't see why they wouldn't.

As far as the raiders, I suppose that then raiders could pay Seymour $14M to play in 2010 with a franchise tag. That would depend on whether his advisors thought it would help or hinder the sale of the raiders.

The Jets defense gave us a lot of problems this year. Out of the 8 quarters we played against them this year, we probably only played 2 quarters of good offense. If they can somehow add Seymour and AD (or a legit OLB that fits Rex's scheme), our offense is going to need a lot of help.

Conventional wisdom would lead us to believe that Al HAS to keep Seymour because of the bounty that he gave up. Somehow though, I have this gut feeling....

I want Adailus Thomas gone after this season. G-O-N-E. What a miserable answer for someone who's supposed to be a vet leader on the defense. This guy has been a huge disappointment and if he was playing the way he's supposed to, we would have a pass rush. Who gets blamed for the way you get pancaked by fullbacks, Adalius? The coaching staff?? This guy is half the problem with the f**in defense; they threw all this money at him so they couldn't sign anyone else, which would have been fine if he could actually get to the quarterback.

His position is literally the weak point of the defense. Banta Cain is playing fine and our outside isn't great but it's not terrible. Half the problem with the secondary is that we can't get a rush from our OLBs.

Considering his role, he will be more than happy to go and start on a team that uses his skills better.

I want Adailus Thomas gone after this season. G-O-N-E. What a miserable answer for someone who's supposed to be a vet leader on the defense. This guy has been a huge disappointment and if he was playing the way he's supposed to, we would have a pass rush. Who gets blamed for the way you get pancaked by fullbacks, Adalius? The coaching staff?? This guy is half the problem with the f**in defense; they threw all this money at him so they couldn't sign anyone else, which would have been fine if he could actually get to the quarterback.

His position is literally the weak point of the defense. Banta Cain is playing fine and our outside isn't great but it's not terrible. Half the problem with the secondary is that we can't get a rush from our OLBs.

AD has perzactly one pass rush move: bull rush. it's fine if he's matched up with a RB (see the sack of Lord Farv-ra last season) but when he has to take on a tackle or guard he gets bottled up. at least that's what it's looked like since he's been wearing the flying elvis

AD won't say that because hes generally not put in a position to pass rush. I have no idea why that is , because its his best skill, but hes been moving back at the start of plays a lot more than hes been moving forward.

Well, he can cover very well for as big as he is. You really notice it when you see games in person and at the training camps.

But I say generate a pass rush and bring a safety down to cover the TE or back a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News