Welcome to PatsFans.com

Actually have something to complain about in this great season

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ShrewBeer, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShrewBeer

ShrewBeer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

hope someone can help me on this. is there a rule as to how many late games a team can play? i get up at 3:30AM, and these games are killing me. i looked at the schedule and out of the 6 remaining games, half are late games. i know i shouldnt be complaining that the national media wants the pats games to be national, much less complain about anything. but it just stinks.
    on another note, I hope we give these eagles the humiliation for a lifetime. they want their rings? we are gonna stuff em down their throats
  2. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +128 / 20 / -8

#18 Jersey

Heh, I'm in Europe for the year. Late games here start at 1:15-30, and end around 4:30. Luckily I'll be home for December.
  3. NEfan32

NEfan32 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agreee. I hate having to wait around all Sunday. I don't mind the 4:15 games, even though I like the 1 o'clock games. The Sunday Night/ Monday Night's suck. I like to watch the whole game, so I don't go to bed until about midnight. I used to like watching football in the afternoon.
  4. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +64 / 2 / -0

No Jersey Selected

The later the better for me. 8:15 PM Sunday games there start at 9:15 AM Monday here.
  5. AirForcePatFan

AirForcePatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I personally like the 4:15 games better because I can watch the whole game... I work nights and have to leave by 9 at the latest so I'm only able to watch the first quarter... Thank goodness for Tivo and at least I can listen to the game on the radio while I'm at work...
  6. SmokeShowin

SmokeShowin Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Do like I did, take tomorrow off.
    I figured that by the time we get out of the lot and get home it'll be around 2:30 .
  7. ShrewBeer

ShrewBeer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i thought there was a rule though, like four or five late games was the max. i cannot seem to find gametimes for the previous games, and i dont remember exactly how many late ones weve had, but with three remaining, we must be over the limit. anyone know the facts on this?
  8. Boston Jay

Boston Jay Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

A team can have only 6 primetime games. I don't think there is a limit on how many 4-4:15 starts a team can have.
  9. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +209 / 4 / -5

I believe the rule is, in general, a team may have no more than five primetime games, but up to three teams may be given six. There is no limit to late afternoon games, because West Coast teams aren't expected to have home games at 10 in the morning. :)
  10. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

he's got it 6 ONLY under the lights...I ddin't know about this until a few weeks ago when it was brought up as the Pats had had Games against SD, Cinc and later ones against the Eagles, Ravens, Giants..
  11. Skree

Skree Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Move out here to Cali... games are over by 8:30 PM
  12. Keany

Keany Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

I have something to complain about too.

The punter.

I mean, we never get to see him.
  13. SoCalPatsfan90

SoCalPatsfan90 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And are rarely on TV unless in primetime. Now, if I didn't work on Sunday's I could go to a sports bar...
  14. Dragda

Dragda Yes, it's really me... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

I prefer early games, too as it usually means I am getting my money's worth from NFL Sunday Ticket. I don't like Thursday games as I travel extensively and there isn't a single hotel that offers in-room NFLN. I'll have to find a sports bar in some unfamiliar city this Thursday.
  15. SEA_Pat

SEA_Pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

It's killing me. The local satellite provider in Thailand doesn't broadcast the 8.15 games or the Monday Night games so I end up missing them.
  16. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +234 / 18 / -38

#50 Jersey

There are 2 rules regarding how many prime time games a team can have.

The 1st is during the initial schedule setup, a team can only have a maximum of 4 prime time games.

The 2nd is that a team an only have up to 6 prime time games in TOTAL after flexing.

Primetime = Sunday / Monday Night games, Thursday season opener.
  17. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I am not a huge fan of the night games either, although I will be at the Monday night game next week, so yay!

Three night games in a row seems ridiculous, though. It is also annoying how fans of other teams are complaining about how sick they are of us because we are constantly on their TV sets. Well, it's not like the Patriots begged to be flexed....I'm sure they hate all these night games too. It's just something else that everyone complains about re: the Pats.
  18. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

This is a good example of how the typical "everyone says" is misleading. Networks put the top teams like the Pats on primetime often because more people will watch. You rarely see Oakland nationally, people certainly aren't sick of them, but if they were on many people wouldn't watch.

The people complaining are vocal but they are a minority. From what I can see, most of the complaints about the Pats (Spygate, running up the score, etc.) are also being voiced loudly by a minority. The majority of NFL fans likes watching the Pats and is sick of the complainers.
  19. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Pat, do you have NFL package, and is that, or something like it necessary to get any NFL over there? Thought of a dumb question: what kind of commercials do you get over there?
  20. carolinatony

carolinatony Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I get up early and hate the 8:30pm games as well. The 4 pm games are great.
    You have the whole day to do what you want and can relax at 4pm .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.